Jack Monroe #219 Why you sob? Russell Hobb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am a bit appalled she has been put into the same category as worthy causes such a womens refudges and foodbanks all because knocked over and smashed her kettle. Its a bit ill judged i think.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Go Henry tweeter is amazing
Yeah, and is a real profile who posts in a perfectly reasonable fashion so can’t be accused of being a troll. I know Jack’s fans have given others abuse so I hope she doesn’t get too much tit thrown her way.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Yeah Jack didn’t reply to RH in public, bet a DM to them flew off faster than that kettle fell (right on it’s heavy wide bottom despite having water in it, I feel like the smash is in the wrong place but can’t explain why, because I am not technical or scientific, please join me in mithering if you can explain)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
So this grunk is basically about a grifted kettle, tippexed nails and a dip bowl of squits to go with her falafel failures. Great content there Jack 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Fraus I’m not saying Jack is lying but I tried to recreate putting my palm through my not RH not boiled kettle and my kettle just moved back.
Is it because glass can with stand holding boiled water but not the soft fleshy palm of some one who can bench press the queen?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Yeah Jack didn’t reply to RH in public, bet a DM to them flew off faster than that kettle fell (right on it’s heavy wide bottom despite having water in it, I feel like the smash is in the wrong place but can’t explain why, because I am not technical or scientific, please join me in mithering if you can explain)
I have been spending far too much time looking at my non-sentient but very similar kettle than is healthy trying to work out how it could smash like that. I cannot see how a hand could create such a hole, it would need to fall on something with an ‘edge’ to break the glass. Like the edge of a worktop, handle or something like that. I rest my case m’lud and promise to stop watching expert witnesses on bbc in the mornings.

@Shesaidwhat great minds 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I am very technical and scientific, and I agree, there’s something off about the smash.
My conclusion is that it wasn’t something smashed INTO the glass, but broke OUT. Most likely an egg.

Here‘s a sketch of my theory, loosely inspired by @Silver Linings ‘ artistic explanation of the event.

D38B5764-6541-4E61-8AFF-A3821507C727.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
Things on this thread that never fail to make me owl champagne:

1. Literally any variation of the "Lady Di/Lady die" poem
2. Tom Cruise Maverick gif
3. [Insert Name/Object/whatever] is DEAD!
4. Ditto [whatever] LEFT!

Seriously, never stop. I will not get bored.

French tips Jack has got to be high up on the list of Most Cringe Jacks surely?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
This reminds me of the James Bond film Thunderball, and the nuclear weapons having a warning on them saying "handle like eggs!" 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I am very technical and scientific, and I agree, there’s something off about the smash.
My conclusion is that it wasn’t something smashed INTO the glass, but broke OUT. Most likely an egg.

Here‘s a sketch of my theory, loosely inspired by @Silver Linings ‘ artistic explanation of the event.

View attachment 849164
Let’s not forget Jack loves a bit of sympathy, so if her hand did go through that very toughened glass kettle then her hand would either be covered in blood or broken. Both of which would’ve been tweeted along with live coverage of her trip to A&E.

I actually wouldn’t put it past her to break the kettle on purpose for content, she is that desperate for validation online.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I thought she was saying she basically slapped it off the counter by accident.
-claimed her hand was a bit toasty aka the kettle was hot
- has Lino on kitchen floor

Of course,I don’t know what I’m talking about but I’d say that type of damage was from swinging it at something hard or slamming it down on something hard
#kettletruther

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Let’s not forget Jack loves a bit of sympathy, so if her hand did go through that very toughened glass kettle then her hand would either be covered in blood or broken. Both of which would’ve been tweeted along with live coverage of her trip to A&E.

I actually wouldn’t put it past her to break the kettle on purpose for content, she is that desperate for validation online.
She's also most likely got spare kettles anyway, she tends to have multiples of everything. The manky copper kettle was probably just a big performance 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 38
As a #kettletruther i’m thinking it’s been hit by an implement. Cleaver, golf club, axe, tin opener 😬 edge of work top. It’s the only way I can see it smashing. I am not goin to try and re-enact for you mithering ninnies 😉
It’s a blunt force trauma. Damn you Expert Witness.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.