Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
She never seems to have a fridge full of things ready to be made does she? It’s always a scrap of this and a husk of that.
She also never seems to cook with fresh veg. It's always a solitary, manky withered leek/carrot/potato etc that she's found in the fridge and turned into dinner.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53

JuliaGulia

Chatty Member
Jack is just a food criminal but thank you for your effort to prove it. How she’s got away with it for so long is beyond belief.

An aside, I had a look for @GrunkaLunka earlier and saw the thread title Bum MInts :D
Jackie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Jackie?
You've been hit by, you've been slopped by, a Food Criminal!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Any fool these days knows that meal planning is the way forward when cash is tight. She has never done a weekly meal plan with shopping list, just pointless “haul” shopping trips showing £20s worth of maize snacks and expired yellow sticker salad for sb whilst she eats eats LJC’s Waitrose cheese

• Heart
Reactions: 52

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
How is it physically possible for one smol puppy brain to come up with the most unappetising dishes and cakes known to man?

What’s wrong with a Betty Crocker chocolate cake to make with her son and add in the chocolate buttercream for a real treat? Why does she have to dick around and add prunes and pretend she doesn’t have butter or eggs when we all know there’s a local Nisa that can’t wait to see her face.

• Haha
  • Heart

Froggies

Chatty Member
Did a squig genuinely ask if she’d poured gravy over it? And accepted this would be an ok thing to pour over the “cake”?

I am 🍾 🦉 over here at this and then @BeautifulTrauma lived up to her name and created a trauma in a tin. I salute you, dear heart. You took one for the team, you brave, brave Frau.

• Haha
  • Heart

Silver Linings

VIP Member
C7A83C2D-A97B-4500-A1C2-FA5FA4C25555.jpeg
4D5DCE34-FFAC-4638-B7AC-A5EF05A09443.jpeg

Remember when Nigella hinted that certain foods gave her the trots? No? Oh, must just be Jack that does that.

• Haha
  • Sick

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
Can we have a category in The Sloppies for the best/worst cable recreation of Jack's recipes? Orphy B's sweaty slow cooker bread and @Fruitjack's hairy jackfruit patties still haunt me but I think without even seeing it I can declare @BeautifulTrauma's attempt will be a real contender.
Rumour has it Hotes Oats have created their own ecosystem in the local landfill and are plotting to slowly but surely take over the universe

• Haha
  • Heart
The whole trifle saga was ridiculous. Most of the trifles Jack decided to criticise looked like works of art or they dared to be different by using variations on ingredients or toppings. She came off as such a snob and then brought out her shitty 70s vomit avec glitter plus cockatiel hairstyle. What a cunt!

• Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Jack: “Food is my love language*”

*except when I refuse to make roast potatoes on CHRISTMAS DAY, instead serving grey carrots and sprouts from the slow cooker and SmartPrice Yorkshire puddings from the freezer.

Seriously, she needs to admit that food isn’t her love language, it’s a mechanism to control, manipulate and punish people around her. I don’t know how she’s come out of this huge stint in therapy with this commitment to self-care through food without a therapist actually questioning why a person with a clearly disordered relationship with food is clinging onto a career in it without any evident enthusiasm other than for the social media engagement that food in particular garners. Like, these therapists have just not done a good job, sorry.
Food might be her 'love language' but she is a very very poor cook. She has no concept of even the basics in terms of technique or taste. I wouldn't trust her to cook an onion properly.
DKL and Matt Tebbutt had her measure. He saw/tasted the rubbish she served up first hand and no doubt had a say in her never being invited back.
How many times can she keep offering up old odds and ends she found in the fridge, serving them up greasily and calling it a recipe?

• Heart

EllaEm87

VIP Member
She always says she’s just drifting off when she claims to have done something she’s not actually done and needs time to suss the lie out!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
The trifle situation really showed how odd her tastebuds are. The enemy ones were made with lovely, fresh ingredients, combined with thought, taste, and consideration for aesthetic appeal. Hers was a Bird's packet mix trifle full of goodness knows what and tasting like chemicals from the vague memory of the one I once ate.

It's absolutely fine to have family traditions - a gracious food writer would've said 'They're all amazing, but in my family it's just not a celebration without our Bird's trifle' or something along those lines. Not be horrible and start fights on Twitter about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 51