Jack Monroe #209 Jack Monroe is late to conference

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1. All crisp and autumny today. Totes vibes cabal.

2. Been up since 3.43 because #studentsareshitssometimes.

3. The chaos yesterday totally did me in.

4. I think it would be just perfect if we had a complete 180 to insta and Jack hit us with 11 or maybe 12 pictures of crumble/cobbler/hot chocolate/gold shite/sparkly shite/burned shite/raw shite/inedible shite.

5. Some granola wouldn’t go amiss too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
The Jackolytes really are something else, they're still arguing that you're ignorant if you're not aware of Jack's work.

Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 09.12.15.png

Name someone 10x more famous than Jack Monroe? Uh, Angelina Jolie, Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Aniston? Jamie Oliver?? Even Gregg Wallace lols.

• Haha
Reactions: 70
The Jackolytes really are something else, they're still arguing that you're ignorant if you're not aware of Jack's work.

View attachment 784392

Name someone 10x more famous than Jack Monroe? Uh, Angelina Jolie, Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Aniston? Jamie Oliver?? Even Gregg Wallace lols.
Wtaf. 10x more famous than Jack Monroe?

I think the Marvel Jack Monroe is 10x more famous than our Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 51

View attachment 784392

They really are insane!

Even at the height of their 'fame', Jack was very much only UK based in terms of being known, and not exactly A+ then. She's barely even Z-list these days

• Heart
Reactions: 44
They really are insane!

Even at the height of their 'fame', Jack was very much only UK based in terms of being known, and not exactly A+ then. She's barely even Z-list these days
It's bizarre. This is the comeback. I'm really not understanding their argument. Like, yes, you know who these people are *because they're more famous than Jack*. Am I missing something??
Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 09.56.11.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I just remembered ICO squig's name (it's quite unusual and memorable and very elegant IMO) and searched twitter for her but nothing has come up. I wonder if she's deleted her account.
She's still there.
Carrying on the good work!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
A lot of Jack’s tweets from that day are still up. This was the same day as the teacher chaos. I have no doubt that after this, it wasn’t Jack’s own choice to spend less time on Twitter.

View attachment 784367
She is just… SO unpleasant. Urgh. I will say though, that she actually deserves some kind of professional/academic qualification in passive aggression because I’ve honestly never seen anyone so good (?!) at it.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I still can’t get my head round why anyone calling themselves a campaigner would speak at (a fringe event at a) conference and not actively advertise it on their socials.

Reactions: 52
I still can’t get my head round why anyone calling themselves a campaigner would speak at (a fringe event at a) conference and not actively advertise it on their socials.
I wonder if TT asked her NOT to tweet, knowing what a twit she is, but our plucky pixie found the loophole and made her insta grid her main performance stage for all of two days.

She is so disingenuous, it's shocking she's had a career from lying and still people are falling for her bullshit.

Reactions: 41
Still grunking after the worlds longest three days.

Some time ago I mentioned the FIRE movement (so long ago, I forget the context) and I think Jack must have read some stuff about it because she went from poor to “thrifty/frugal” and started talking about saving aggressively for a deposit and “no spend” periods. There is a lot of consideration given to net worth and wealth accessibility/accumulation in the FIRE movement (and wealth versus income). The reason I mention this is because if she has, she will know her parents net worth is, without question, calculated at a million quid plus.

Five bed house, in London commutable sea side town in the south. Combined income of army pension, fire service pension, nhs pension, state pensions and fostering cash...ON TOP of the rental income and value of rental properties....you know what? It might even stretch to 2 million. Obviously, this isn’t all cash in the bank but her parents, on paper, are unquestionably very well off and very much in the seven figure bracket of wealth/asset ownership.

Wonder if they pay tax.
Perfect comment. I think her problems both THEN and NOW stem from a fundamental lack of understanding about money management. She claims she grew up poor because she didn’t have a lilac Mercedes or whatever the other girls had, because she really values status items. She’s earnt more than her skill set would allow on the open market yet has squandered it all, because of status items. To be fair to her this is a very British & I’m learning in motherhood a very middle class thing, like the compulsion to keep up with the Joneses with no thought to the future. Tbh she’s clearly expecting to inherit a significant sum off her parents but yikes 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Side note but if you look at Nigella's twitter you'll see she regularly retweets others with genuine words of support, is never snappy or snide, doesn't make everything about her, and consistently shares delicious recipes. Plus she's witty - this thread really made me laugh. She's actually changed her bio to 'Demonic Entity' 🤣 Unlike smol pixie, she doesn't take herself too seriously.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.