Jack Monroe #209 Jack Monroe is late to conference

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack's had a very Important Day at Conference and yet her mentions are still 99 percent

"'made to make your mouth water'"

"is that [opal fruits] a Brexit dividend?"

"are they 20 years out of date?"

over and over and over again

and it's been compounded by her just not commenting on Conference (I am never going to get over this 😭) beyond two smol mentions at all!

I will never forget the palpable tension i was feeling at around noon today as it was becoming clear that she was never going to make it on time!

it's been wonderful traditional chaos type of day ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Jack's had a very Important Day at Conference and yet her mentions are still 99 percent

and it's been compounded by her just not commenting on Conference (I am never going to get over this 😭) beyond two smol mentions at all!

I will never forget the palpable tension i was feeling at around noon today as it was becoming clear that she was never going to make it on time!

Babe, same. I haven't laughed so much in weeks, the canal have been on top form!

I've even changed my profile pic to mark the occasion

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Look at the suggested follows that came up when I was having a look at Jack's Twitter. Vlad, you scamp!

Screenshot_20210927-221414~3.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I think she's probably napping, you know toddlers need a nap after a busy day counting out their sweets, whilst riding the choo choo this

• Haha
Reactions: 43
There hasn't been a homebound train chaos yet. Options are:

1. She's still there, lost at conference like an idiotic fly unable to find the doorway she entered by
2. She's still there and is at the very exclusive eaterie Five Guys with her new panel friends explaining how she could make the food better herself with tinned potatoes and grated corned beef
3. Louisa was following the outbound train chaos, rode her bike there at top speed, seized her phone and threw it into the sea
4. The train journey was uneventful

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

1. She's still there, lost at conference like an idiotic fly unable to find the doorway she entered by
2. She's still there and is at the very exclusive eaterie Five Guys with her new panel friends explaining how she could make the food better herself with tinned potatoes and grated corned beef
3. Louisa was following the outbound train chaos, rode her bike there at top speed, seized her phone and threw it into the sea
I go with 4 she ran out of opal fruits and she got a bollocking for being late.

Resulting in sulky Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 34

And more to come, Katch, announcements coming soon! Hopefully for the most chaotic time of the year -Slopmas!

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Train chaos with football fans.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
So has she ditched insta now? Is it one or the other but not both? Is insta just there and ‘better than nothing‘ when she’s not allowed Twitter?
Which is bizarre considering she completely spammed her Instagram feed with Trussell Trust posts, presumably because of this "fringe" (🤮), yet put nothing on Twitter in the lead up to it. How can someone who has spent so much time on social media be so useless at it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 45
So was that 24hours of internet access for smol sweeties pixie? Or 48? I could check but I can’t be arsed

Reactions: 19
Couldn't sleep so gently, softly tracked down an eyewitness account of Jack rocking up to Conference. PayPal details below, tysm x

13:15

Jack enters the conference centre and swaggers up to the main auditorium doors. A burly security guard stands between her and glory, arms folded.

"Hi, I'm Jack Monroe - writer, author, campaigner, activist, cook, TV presenter on hiatus, sideboard collector, daily Pythagoras user, ballot spoiler and lover of classic sweets -"

"Yes Mx Monroe, we're aware of your body of...work. However, there seems to have been some mistake. We have you down as being in the Regency room, just down the hall there."

"No, you must be mistaken. I was voted the 19th most important gay in 2014, was diagnosed gifted and once cooked a three-course dinner for Mary Portas, for duck's sake. I'm simply too well-known to be relegated to a fringe panel."

"I'm sorry Mx Monroe but I can only go by what it says here. You also appear to be *checks watch* 45 minutes late to your panel..."

"Yes, well, my train was delayed, I had a SEVERE stitch in my side from running all the way here and just as I got to the building I had to take a life-or-death call from a political prisoner wondering what to do with an old can of banana blossom, that OK with you?? Did the cabal put you up to this!?"

"Cabal? I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Never mind, I'm currently being held to account trolled by a mendacious group of ephemeral ninnies and am consequently seeing haters behind every sideboard."

Chewing her bottom lip (making sure to avoid the 50p size hole) she briefly mulls the situation over. Maybe she is mistaken after all. The Regency sounds suitably grand, so she'll probably feel right at home, and a whole herd of potential new Patreons could be in attendance. Her mind made up, she scampers down the hall.

Another security guard stands watch outside the Regency suite. Sadly, this one takes his job very seriously indeed.

"Hi, Jack Monroe. I'm here for the panel on food poverty."

"Let me see your ID pass, please."

"tit, I must have left it on the counter in WH Smith while paying for my two bags of massively overpriced sweets."

"Then I'm sorry, but I can't let you in. You could be just anyone."

"Look, I'm slightly late for my speaking slot. I can show you my tattoos."

"I'm sorry, tattoos are not a valid form of ID."

"How many people do you know who have the Hippocratic Oath tattooed on them?"

"That would be none. Also, you should have kept your legs shut. I know that's a complete non-sequitur, but I had to say it so you can include it in your anecdote later about how you were victimised yet again."

"Get to duck!"

Jack deftly kicks the guard in the shins then crawls under his legs as he doubles up in pain. She sprints for the Regency suite door, the world suddenly turning to slow motion.

"Come back here!" she hears him roar behind her in hot pursuit.

Grabbing a fistful of Opal Fruits from her bag, she throws them over her shoulder, hoping to induce a comical pratfall she can tweet about later for sweet engagement. Unfortunately, the guard is wise to her attempt at sweet-based sabotage and avoids the scattered cuboid smol slabs. He catches up to her and grabs her by the cuff of her 'Georgie from IT' anorak.

"White trash don't get to go to Conference," he snarls.

Suddenly a voice booms from across the hall.

"What do you think you're doing? Unhand that person at once. I'll have you know they're my dear comrade and I invited them here personally."

The guard gulps as Comrade Corbyn strides towards him. Sure, he's not the leader of the party anymore, but the guard still recognises his authority in this situation.

"Um...apologies for the misunderstanding, Mx Monroe. Please proceed."

Jack turns to shoot her saviour a toothy grin. "Cheers Jez," she gushes, following up with a signature awkward laugh. "I'll ping you over a copy of my new book when it's out in the Spring."

She pauses briefly before the doors to collect herself and go over her speech. As a former foodbank user and single mum on benefits...

That'll do.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
This thing about her company accounts/taxes does remain pretty murky though. We know she has a company set up (presumably for tax purposes). She said at the start of lockdown that she wasn’t eligible for furlough so was paying Caroline out of her own pocket. But the list the HMRC published of furlough recipients showed that Jack’s company had been claiming furlough payments throughout. (So she was fibbing - how very unlike her. 🙄)
Then she did that post to Rishi where she was blubbing because she wasn’t getting tax breaks for being self-employed. But if she runs everything through her company, she’s not self-employed - she’s an employee of the company. So was she trying to claim double from the Govt (furlough for company employees PLUS tax breaks for the self-employed)?? Cos if so, that looks very much like fraud.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Couldn't sleep so gently, softly tracked down an eyewitness account of Jack rocking up to Conference. PayPal details below, tysm x

13:15

Jack enters the conference centre and swaggers up to the main auditorium doors. A burly security guard stands between her and glory, arms folded.

"Hi, I'm Jack Monroe - writer, author, campaigner, activist, cook, TV presenter on hiatus, sideboard collector, daily Pythagoras user, ballot spoiler and lover of classic sweets -"

"Yes Mx Monroe, we're aware of your body of...work. However, there seems to have been some mistake. We have you down as being in the Regency room, just down the hall there."

"No, you must be mistaken. I was voted the 19th most important gay in 2014, was diagnosed gifted and once cooked a three-course dinner for Mary Portas, for duck's sake. I'm simply too well-known to be relegated to a fringe panel."

"I'm sorry Mx Monroe but I can only go by what it says here. You also appear to be *checks watch* 45 minutes late to your panel..."

"Yes, well, my train was delayed, I had a SEVERE stitch in my side from running all the way here and just as I got to the building I had to take a life-or-death call from a political prisoner wondering what to do with an old can of banana blossom, that OK with you?? Did the cabal put you up to this!?"

"Cabal? I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Never mind, I'm currently being held to account trolled by a mendacious group of ephemeral ninnies and am consequently seeing haters behind every sideboard."

Chewing her bottom lip (making sure to avoid the 50p size hole) she briefly mulls the situation over. Maybe she is mistaken after all. The Regency sounds suitably grand, so she'll probably feel right at home, and a whole herd of potential new Patreons could be in attendance. Her mind made up, she scampers down the hall.

Another security guard stands watch outside the Regency suite. Sadly, this one takes his job very seriously indeed.

"Hi, Jack Monroe. I'm here for the panel on food poverty."

"Let me see your ID pass, please."

"tit, I must have left it on the counter in WH Smith while paying for my two bags of massively overpriced sweets."

"Then I'm sorry, but I can't let you in. You could be just anyone."

"Look, I'm slightly late for my speaking slot. I can show you my tattoos."

"I'm sorry, tattoos are not a valid form of ID."

"How many people do you know who have the Hippocratic Oath tattooed on them?"

"That would be none. Also, you should have kept your legs shut. I know that's a complete non-sequitur, but I had to say it so you can include it in your anecdote later about how you were victimised yet again."

"Get to duck!"

Jack deftly kicks the guard in the shins then crawls under his legs as he doubles up in pain. She sprints for the Regency suite door, the world suddenly turning to slow motion.

"Come back here!" she hears him roar behind her in hot pursuit.

Grabbing a fistful of Opal Fruits from her bag, she throws them over her shoulder, hoping to induce a comical pratfall she can tweet about later for sweet engagement. Unfortunately, the guard is wise to her attempt at sweet-based sabotage and avoids the scattered cuboid smol slabs. He catches up to her and grabs her by the cuff of her 'Georgie from IT' anorak.

"White trash don't get to go to Conference," he snarls.

Suddenly a voice booms from across the hall.

"What do you think you're doing? Unhand that person at once. I'll have you know they're my dear comrade and I invited them here personally."

The guard gulps as Comrade Corbyn strides towards him. Sure, he's not the leader of the party anymore, but the guard still recognises his authority in this situation.

"Um...apologies for the misunderstanding, Mx Monroe. Please proceed."

Jack turns to shoot her saviour a toothy grin. "Cheers Jez," she gushes, following up with a signature awkward laugh. "I'll ping you over a copy of my new book when it's out in the Spring."

She pauses briefly before the doors to collect herself and go over her speech. As a former foodbank user and single mum on benefits...

That'll do.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I'd like to believe she didn't just use her invitation to plug a new book. I'd like to believe that but I am not sure I do. Arriving late, chugging Opal fruits, and afterwards being delighted that she had had a mention on something called 'Fesshole'.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
The photo at the start of the #fringeevent with Jack missing genuinely made me laugh out loud, it was perfect. Great Chaos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Which is bizarre considering she completely spammed her Instagram feed with Trussell Trust posts, presumably because of this "fringe" (🤮), yet put nothing on Twitter in the lead up to it. How can someone who has spent so much time on social media be so useless at it?
Useless is her middle name, if she can kybosh it she will

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.