Jack Monroe #209 Jack Monroe is late to conference

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can hear her now...

"It is important to listen to the stories of people who are in poverty now. Here is a story about Jane from Yorkshire. Jane had a well paid job, but had to give it up when she had her child as a single mum. I know how difficult that is, because I too gave up my well paid job when I became a single mum."

Followed by a half hour retelling of the poverty.
I'm looking forward to her inevitable one-man show about it all

eta: that reminded me of the Radio 4 series about her. The BBC website has this absolutely thrilling quote:

'Omnibus of five episodes: Why isn't Grandma talking to Jack? And discover why soda bread is her favourite recipe.'

Sadly they're all unavailable to stream.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
This made me hoot and fizz considering we are coming into bird flu season
D72453B4-1385-4A55-867A-CC660176032C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I have a roving reporter in a pub near the venue (my mate who I once shared DKL with 🐴)
2E69F4CE-44EA-4C97-AF34-5928B4DB93E2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
miniGif_20210927151349.gif

Exclusive leaked footage of Jack on her way to Conference...
(Sadly couldn't work out how to photoshop a gif or I would have replaced the water bottle for a bag of Opal Fruits)

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Screenshot_20210927-150603_Chrome.jpg

Yes, jolly good job everyone. No one will be going to bed cold, hungry or desperately despondent about the future for themselves or families. You've solved it... Opal Fruits for everyone!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Squigs have moved on from Opal fruits now. Not into poverty, god no. They’re talking about oily tinned onions for some reason. Wonder why she was the first person who came to mind as an expert on dark, oily onions?
A7BF8DA9-ED5A-4602-941C-EA79AC19DF75.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I’m 12+ pages behind but surely a chaos happened at Barking station? I can’t begin to think of which crime to mention to demonstrate what an utter shithole that station is, I’m shocked a smol pixie would recreationally loiter there tbh
I spoil you all! This has to be the train Jack was on.
Based on the schedule for tomorrow, you would arrive at Brighton at 1117 if on this train out of Southend / TB. As it is rush hour travelling, I would have gone for the 0804 which would be in Brighton at 1043. That would allow for food on the way somewhere.
1632752342457.png

(No, I don't get out much but to be fair for 18 months that has been government approved. The previous 42.5 years I have no excuse for)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
View attachment 783222
Yes, jolly good job everyone. No one will be going to bed cold, hungry or desperately despondent about the future for themselves or families. You've solved it... Opal Fruits for everyone!
”hopefully one day we won’t need to hold fringes like this”
Maybe making sure everyone’s paying their taxes would help?

I’m just sad that people will possibly miss out on help because charities like the Trussell Trust haven’t checked who they are working with properly. Jack hasn’t paid her taxes, doesn’t promote TT much (not include the weekend insta spam) and gets her followers talking about sweets more than poverty. Surely there are other campaigners that could do a better job.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
So was she actually late or had she just popped out to the loo? Did we all invent a chaos? Was there a chaos?

I'm confused but entertained. That was one helluva grunk.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Or use them as a base for a riff on a Ribollita.

There, between us we've covered the entire spectrum of her recipe ideas!
Even though she has been harping on about this for months I only discovered it was ribo-LITA and not ribo -LATA about 2 weeks ago

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Ah my mithering ninnies. What a day it’s been! My first live chaos. I’m off I’m for a lie down.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.