Jack Monroe #209 Jack Monroe is late to conference

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm shocked that she hasn't moved onto carrying her belongings in a rag on a stick
She has ARTHRITIS you mithering ninnies she can only HEAVE a 90kg sideboard up a spiral staircase and POUND a treadmill she can’t carry a SATCHEL like a normal person*.

*I work in academia and this tweet just went viral among my colleagues so needless to say I am also a backpack wanker (my 10/10 recommendation is a Roka, btw - waterproof, recycled, stylish) so maybe Jack is just enacting her backpack birthright as a double doctorate? 🤭

E44BA8E7-4586-4848-A12A-5DEAA5138D28.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Ooh not long now! Is there a stream? Will we be the only people watching like every single other time she's made an appearance on something?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I should have thought about this yesterday in more detail, I don't think it's possible to just appear at short notice. Also I'm not sure I want to, I might get my skins kicked in. What time does her bit end?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
on a grunk but I'm quite literally ten minutes away from this panel at 12.30, and on my lunch break.... the temptation is there but I also really can't be arsed to leave the house
Awwww come on, don’t tease us, get your bad self there right now or it will be slop for a week!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
It looks like you need to register before going and the app won't work!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Jack's 'yes I am a nerd' offends me greatly. Who knew reading the back of sweet packets and posting about them on Twitter made you a nerd?

Oh wait, it doesn't.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
It looks like you need to register before going and the app won't work!
I think you could just walk in and shout Hello fellow comrades, it’s me Traazers, cabal member, mithering ninny,writer, author, comedian, bylines in unusual places...you’ll be reet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Jack was, at most, 10 when Opal Fruits became Starbust. Now I wasn't a 1978 truther, but these tweets got me thinking...

Also, my court outfit finally arrived in the mail, how do I look?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Jack was, at most, 10 when Opal Fruits became Starbust. Now I wasn't a 1978 truther, but these tweets got me thinking...
She's either older than she says or she's had an incredibly tedious life even by her own standards

I have downloaded Conference app, I hope it works. Also glad my wife is sleeping off last night's inadvisable decisions so I don't have to explain what I'm doing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Imagine Marcus Rashford, on his way to talk at Conference, tweeting wildly about the difference between Nik-Naks and Wotsits.

• Haha
Reactions: 69
Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall called it "The Wall of Sugar" at W. H. Smiths that you have to pass to get to checkouts. Kind of Jack to promote this overpriced confectionery

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall called it "The Wall of Sugar" at W. H. Smiths that you have to pass to get to checkouts. Kind of Jack to promote this overpriced confectionery
Remember when all the shops promised to stop all that? It lasted six months at most before all the sweets came back next to the point of sales.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

What about Marathons too?

I get how she goes on about sweets to up her engagement, but she doesn't eat sugar, right? am sure she said so.

Sorry @Pocahontas but you started it, would love to see Two Bags Went to Conference as a thread title. I might mention it nearer the time.

Back in the thread posters were having trouble locating J's Twitter. I don't follow or engage with her but I couldn't find it on search either, not for a while. It's really strange how a blue tick public personality uses different names across different platforms, surely it's very basic to have one clearly found work identity, even when your identity in the real world keeps morphing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.