Jack Monroe #209 Jack Monroe is late to conference

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who wants to make a guess - how many times will Jack mention the Trussell Trust again after their appearance ‘at Conference’ is over?

My guess is zero times.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Who wants to make a guess - how many times will Jack mention the Trussell Trust again after their appearance ‘at Conference’ is over?

My guess is zero times.
Her promotions to me are very much like an after thought. Oh yeah i better do this.

goes-to-general-conference-just-to-yell-opposed.jpg
good luck today, i hope they manage to refrain from name calling today. I am BUSY.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Awh I want Jack to turn up just to see what god awful outfit she wears! Will the victorian ghost in dirty trainers spook herself back up? Will it be the leather lapel jacket, adorned with pins and badges? The mustard trouser suit inspired by Markle? A potato sack with her string of pearls plant as a necklace?

It's exciting!!! Hahahahaha
Moschino-Potato-Field-Print-Jacket-Skirt-Suit-Style-Fashion-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-2.jpeg

More here Feminine Starch Aesthetic

I'm not sure it comes in a traaaazer version but surely this is the choice for smol pixie

Also I am fuming about the TT thing (as our foodbank is a TT one). bleeping Garry come on mate and do your research you lemon.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I have spoken at a conference there 🔺

There is a main conference room with the keynote speakers in as listed on the timetable that you shared. Not everyone can (there is not always room) or wants to go to them all so outside in another area there are stalls, networking and side events going on. A lot less formal,

The fringe events are usually in this other area and are just a table with a handful of chairs (Jack - remember to count the chairs for us wont you?) and there will be more than one fringe event going on at the time within this other area. Its a sideshow basically.

Sideshow Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
I had a wee Grunka there and it was just like old times - multiple pages to read and a shiny new thread 🥰.

When she was tweeting again about having to carry shopping home (🥱) it made me think of my lovely dad. He fell ill when I was 5 and developed epilepsy as a result so had to give up his job as a Bus Driver. Back then (mid-80s) it was a lot harder to claim everything you were entitled to benefits wise and we were poor, no doubt about it. Every Tuesday he would collect his benefits from the Post Office and have a walk to our local convenience store which was more expensive but he wasn’t allowed to drive and he was a proud man. He would then walk home with the shopping and I never heard him complain once about it. He shouldn’t have been carrying things but he would insist on going himself.

So, so many people have experienced real hardship in life and not just financial hardship. She is insulting countless people by embellishing this period of her life and milking every last penny she can from it. My memories of both parents is that they made their best of things and got on with it and did what they could to shield us from how tough things were. SB is not going to have the same assessment of things imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 97
Would it not be more impactful / meaningful to collate feedback or life stories from pandemic / current food bank users than re hash her fictional trauma for yet another year? Incredibly worrying the trussel trust *aren’t* doing this?!

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I'm so invested in Conference, I feel like I am there (with my pal @FrumpyCat ). I've just checked the delegate guide. It lists the conference hours for today like this:

Monday 23 September
09.45 – 12.45
14.00 – 17.30

Is the panel discussion only 15 minutes long?
Is the panel discussion so fringy, it's not counted?
Is author and journalist Jack Monroe not a keynote speaker?

I need answers!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Would it not be more impactful / meaningful to collate feedback or life stories from pandemic / current food bank users than re hash her fictional trauma for yet another year? Incredibly worrying the trussel trust *aren’t* doing this?!
Jack may have convinced them that her binders full of non-GDPR compliant materials is 'current research'.
Edit: 'current research' from her 'forthcoming book'.

• Angry
Reactions: 38
Or even a couple of the 5.8 million claimants of UC in the UK, they could be more informative than Jack's rehashing of The Destitution.
It all feels so lazy, *sigh*.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
On their website they are asking people to share their stories. Perhaps the Trussell employee will read some of them out. It is hard to see what Jack will contribute to this, especially as her story is not current.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Three hours to go. Will she appear, or has the possibility (non-existent) that someone will ask her an awkward question put her off?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Morning all, excited to see new thread and looking forward to catching up!
Just wanted to say @Dogmuck I thought I'd been blocked too. She doesn't come up when you search her. Don't know why.
Maybe she's in stealth mode..

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.