Jack Monroe #203 Found a packet of pork mince

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most people's cooking improves over time, not necessarily Michelin standard or anything, but your skills and repertoire increase and your food gets better. Jack's has just got worse and worse!
Mrs Tunnel would disagree with you!

After gallantly working through a load of banana bread I made last week, she asked me (with a hug) if I could possibly put less bicarb in next time because it had a “slight aftertaste of soap”.

🙃
(Edit- I obviously just love soap)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Also a year ago today. To be fair to her, she didn't say which Spring the book would be out...

Screenshot_20210829-205930_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
I love how to she thinks everyone who talks to her without fawning is a cabal member.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I love how to she thinks everyone who talks to her without fawning is a cabal member.
To be fair, if I'd been as tit on a TV programme as Jack was, if anyone asked me if I was going on it again I'd have assumed they were taking the piss.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
ha! the "say hello to the coven" thing just crossed my mind this morning! iirc, there was another occasion when she said something similar to someone who she suspected of being a cabal member (but wasn't) who then asked wtf she was talking about and she backed down sharpish

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
It's been a long old break from TV all the same, hasn't it? A long old break from any work at all, actually 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Ah, they'll go lovely with the water rower and all the weights for bodybuilding.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
SB found a literal gym in a puddle and now the crappy bungalow is a Fitness First 🙄
Hang on. If somebody wanted a donation for them why were they left out on the street? And if it was a neighbour why did she need her dad and brother to help get them home?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
SB found a literal gym in a puddle and now the crappy bungalow is a Fitness First 🙄
It just all seems a bit...unlikely?
Why would you put stuff out on a Sunday with BH Monday coming up - who did the kind neighbour think was going to remove these items? Why would you put your old stuff out on the street? I just don't get it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Another load of heavy, bulky gym equipment for the bungalow 😬 the amount of stuff she has rammed into that place gives me anxiety

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Why would you put your old stuff out on the street? I just don't get it.
I can't speak for the donation thing (unless there was a sign on it or she actually asked the owner before just taking for once) but during lockdown it got quite common for my village to put stuff out that they were getting rid of, it was like shopping as you walked on your daily exercise!

Can I have some of that cake please @Into_the_tunnel - need to wash my mouth out for defending her

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I second @onlysunshine its gotten very popular to fly tip old tit offer unwanted items to passers by.
What would have been lovely would be if a certain smol pixie who could afford to drop £300ish for new versions from Argos, had actually organised a charity to collect and sell them on. But no, the items will stay in the same well heeled post code for Fack to clutter up the RENTED bung-it-in-a-low.
Tory.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Another load of heavy, bulky gym equipment for the bungalow 😬 the amount of stuff she has rammed into that place gives me anxiety
Maybe she'll end up putting it all in the shed and turning that into the gym, since there hasn't been much TV production going on in there lately 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I second @onlysunshine its gotten very popular to fly tip old tit offer unwanted items to passers by.
What would have been lovely would be if a certain smol pixie who could afford to drop £300ish for new versions from Argos, had actually organised a charity to collect and sell them on. But no, the items will stay in the same well heeled post code for Fack to clutter up the RENTED bung-it-in-a-low.
Tory.
Has she ever admitted to buying anything other than yellow sticker E. coli salad bangs?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.