Jack Monroe #197 Site currently unavailable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘Jack, where did you get your jumper / print / sofa / utensil?’
‘Ooh, it’s in the wash / a friend / from a charity shop / a puddle!’

‘Jack, when will you be posting the recipe for [that dreaded word]?’
‘Soon!’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
"it was a gift from a friend" is another classic Jack. Can be anything, clothes, toasters, ingredients.

Shaking with anger while writing about something as well
Smug fridge no1
Ok 🥕 that was quite funny, I meant Smeg fridge obvs

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Isn't today the Jackiversary of the trip to Celeryville?

I wonder if there will be a return trip? I'm on Amber Alert.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
The garden party for all Jack's invisible pals was a good time.
🪑🛋🪑🪑🪑

• Haha
Reactions: 45
How did she build such massive debts, owe so much on utility bills, and have such "severe" rent arrears, when she was moving house seventy billion times? Or however many times she was supposed to have moved.

What a fantastic point to make - one that I have never thought of before. In my very dark and depressing, thankfully distant, Jack-like past, it took me a year to get into such big debt problems that I ended up on metres and debt collecting on them. Yet, she has moved so many times in her Poverty Years that she couldn’t have possibly been anywhere to build up those level of debts and involvement with court orderded warrents for address entry (which I never got to, even after a year).

Another gaping narrative hole in the Book of Pov.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
How did she build such massive debts, owe so much on utility bills, and have such "severe" rent arrears, when she was moving house seventy billion times? Or however many times she was supposed to have moved.

In the Guardian first article, they wrote that she went from mains electricity to being put on a meter. Do these people pay their own bills? Do they not know that all electricity is metered? Do they live such odd lives that they just pay bills without knowing what they pay for? I think they meant that she went from quarterly bills to pre payment meter. Surely they have someone that reads these articles before they are printed to ensure they make sense.
It doesn’t happen, though weirdly enough. On that Belle Gibson documentary ( on iplayer) she was published with a narrative that was a complete pack of lies. No due diligence whatsoever. A good tale sells, and that’s what publishers are interested in.

Reactions: 31
‘Jack, where did you get your jumper / print / sofa / utensil?’
‘Ooh, it’s in the wash / a friend / from a charity shop / a puddle!’

‘Jack, when will you be posting the recipe for [that dreaded word]?’
‘Soon!’
On one of the first pages of the first thread Jack was waxing lyrical about the wonderful vegan crackling. It was definitely going into the Veganish book. It wasn't in it. Then it was going to be on her website. It has never been added. Then it was coming soon. Then it was something she has as a secret that she might tell us soon.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
The ridiculous origins of all her belongings are my favourite. She can't just go to a normal shop and buy something full price, it has to be an unwieldy piece of antique furniture purchased for £3.50 from a shop six miles away that she had to carry home on her back in a torrential downpour, slithering along on the floor in arthritic agony like some horrid grifty snail.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
What a fantastic point to make - one that I have never thought of before. In my very dark and depressing, thankfully distant, Jack-like past, it took me a year to get into such big debt problems that I ended up on metres and debt collecting on them. Yet, she has moved so many times in her Poverty Years that she couldn’t have possibly been anywhere to build up those level of debts and involvement with court orderded warrents for address entry (which I never got to, even after a year).

Another gaping narrative hole in the Book of Pov.
Yeah, that guy who stalked Jack was extorting money from them to stop stalking.
That’s how stalking works, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I like when she claimed to have learned to cook by reading the ingredients on the back of ready meals.

Has she actually read an ingredients list? It’s always tit like: water, sugar, reformed pork, sucralosedexahydrate… yeah I’ll just go pick some up from Asda.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I just find it hard to believe the stalking story. Which is terrible because so many people have cried out to be believed and haven’t been taken seriously with some horrific consequences. This proven liar makes me doubt myself. Who wants to look like a doubter in a scenario like that ? Despite all the red flags and constant lying.
She is clever.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
I like when she claimed to have learned to cook by reading the ingredients on the back of ready meals.

Has she actually read an ingredients list? It’s always tit like: water, sugar, reformed pork, sucralosedexahydrate… yeah I’ll just go pick some up from Asda.
It wasn’t even a basic range it was Lloyd Grossman which is one of the dearest ones.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
My favourite Jackism is “Thank you so Matt much, Matt” which obviously made me hoot up a lung at the time and continues to do so.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I’m a big fan of the tantrum which led to the revelation that the slot on This Morning had been lost due to slightly undercooking pasta. I think because of the nah-nah-raspberry blowing billy bigbollocks chat (on the work org wallpaper) before it.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
So I just clicked onto some DKL

About 11mins in Matt fucks up his salsa as he has added sour cream to one bowl.

then the two bbq women guests say they are huge fans of chucking everything into one bowl recipes…… did I miss this bit of shade??? I don’t remember it being discussed before (if I am behind then apologises but I never noticed this before)

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.