Jack Monroe #197 Site currently unavailable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, passed that. The comments on her first Guardian article are priceless. Talk about middle class supporters of the acceptable face of poverty. Anyone making even an enquiring comment was crushed and pounced upon and called all sorts. #bekind not anywhere in evidence.

Jack's timeline didn't add up, but anyone even suggesting that there might be an issue were hounded into submission. They made assumptions that the father of her child was a wastrel, in prison, abusive, deserted her. All without any evidence to suggest such a thing.

Much of her hyperbolic ramblings have been disproved here. The house share is never actually called that by Jack herself. Her verbatim quote was "I share a house with five others". It was her family home, not what is known as house share in homelessness parlance.

She is tricky with her words. If anyone called her out on it, she would truthfully say that she'd never said it was a houseshare. That is just the tip of the iceberg.
Homelessness parlance has done me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
My favourite Jackism was indignant, stabby defensive Jack.
In restaurant parlance.
IN RESTAURANT PARLANCE
😀😀🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I am just settling down to watch the Guardian's vegan cook-along again 🥰

This gig appeared on her brag list of jobs 🙃

She appears to be a headless torso?!

My fave time was matts face whilst saying the words TERRIBLE at something she had made. If that doesnt tell you, you cannot cook. Nothing will.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
“Are you aware of my work Barbara?” is a classic Jackism for me. If it was any other “celebrity“ you’d hope they were being tongue in cheek, but she actually wrote that with a straight face. It’s just hilariously arrogant.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
If ever there was one single incident that sums up Jack perfectly, then it has to be the way she was simultaneously pretending she only had £20 a week to feed three people, whilst also hinting about having COVID and getting deliveries of expensive food from Ocado.

The detective work, the screen shots, the proof via the mink headshot/avatar on Facebook that Jack had shared, the going private so quickly after it was mentioned here. It was worthy of an episode of any high drama.

If there is a Lifetime Achievement award Sloppie - I vote for the Peeky Mink Affair.

Don’t forget the poor, bemused dinner ladies who must have wondered what the duck was going on during The Creation of the Meatballs/Rinsing of the Beans.
And the hunt/dance around the kitchen asking for a masher, was it? I would pay £20 premium on my Disney plus to see all that days raw footage - never mind Black Widow!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
If ever there was one single incident that sums up Jack perfectly, then it has to be the way she was simultaneously pretending she only had £20 a week to feed three people, whilst also hinting about having COVID and getting deliveries of expensive food from Ocado.

The detective work, the screen shots, the proof via the mink headshot/avatar on Facebook that Jack had shared, the going private so quickly after it was mentioned here. It was worthy of an episode of any high drama.

If there is a Lifetime Achievement award Sloppie - I vote for the Peeky Mink Affair.

And the hunt/dance around the kitchen asking for a masher, was it? I would pay £20 premium on my Disney plus to see all that days raw footage - never mind Black Widow!
The forensic work of you guys is amazing. You should solve crimes. I loved the "look i made mezze" ( from a packet)

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I have thought of another one.
It was an interview ages ago, I can’t remember where I saw it but Jackolieo referred to her...wait for it...
Ears like a church mouse

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I like the Jackism that the local postie is drawn to the waft of cookery emitted from the crappy bungalow like rats to the pied piper, like a kind of “ah, bisto” fugue state. But also that Jack is terrified of post and scampers away howling and clawing at the rugs on the floor if a Man in Uniform dares approach the front door because apparently TWICE the gas or electric have come in and installed a meter in their RENTED home (probably given a key by the landlord but also probably didn’t happen) because Poverty TM

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I like the Jackism that the local postie is drawn to the waft of cookery emitted from the crappy bungalow like rats to the pied piper, like a kind of “ah, bisto” fugue state. But also that Jack is terrified of post and scampers away howling and clawing at the rugs on the floor if a Man in Uniform dares approach the front door because apparently TWICE the gas or electric have come in and installed a meter in their RENTED home (probably given a key by the landlord but also probably didn’t happen because Poverty TM
Also the time THAT other MAN put a for sale sign on her lawn. Complete mistake but she had a tit fit.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
It must really tick her off, here we are chuckling away and her noisy toy has been put on a shelf really high up.
The next time she is unattended I predict an extra special chaos.
Keep digging that hole or stop scamming. That’s all you have to do Jack.

Reactions: 29
Anyone else ever have a wee creep on PR 'another A+ pass for kitty' Vix? She's gigging a lot on the comedy scene. Haven't watched any but from her posts would imagine it as Amy Schumer type comedy but British (messy, loud, drinking culture vibes). She's one of the only known actual real life mates of Jack - most recently gave her the AA tag necklace I think? Seems a fairly odd pairing

Reactions: 21
How did she build such massive debts, owe so much on utility bills, and have such "severe" rent arrears, when she was moving house seventy billion times? Or however many times she was supposed to have moved.

In the Guardian first article, they wrote that she went from mains electricity to being put on a meter. Do these people pay their own bills? Do they not know that all electricity is metered? Do they live such odd lives that they just pay bills without knowing what they pay for? I think they meant that she went from quarterly bills to pre payment meter. Surely they have someone that reads these articles before they are printed to ensure they make sense.

• Sad
  • Haha
"it was a gift from a friend" is another classic Jack. Can be anything, clothes, toasters, ingredients.

Shaking with anger while writing about something as well

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.