Jack Monroe #197 Site currently unavailable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TK has written a lovely Instagram post, supporting Marcus. That’s how you support a friend and colleague Jack, it doesn’t always have to be you in the spotlight.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Just watching the show about Belle Gibson on iPlayer (Bad Influencer), the influencer that faked cancer. Wow. Very interesting how such people work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Marcus’ tweet tonight has broken me. I feel actual rage that he is somewhat associated with Jack. The humility he is showing.
LEAVE MARCUS ALONE JACK!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Shoving my two pennorth in as a smol black chappie: I totally agree with @MancBee. Race isn’t an issue, it was the lack of skill and judgment under pressure that should be queried - as well as Southgate’s judgment in having such young players taking penalties. And you should be able to critique players regardless of race, and certainly not because of it. Being black will always put you at a disadvantage (as I know too well), but that shouldn’t preclude honest and balanced opinions. Yes, MR has done incredible work for children in poverty, but he didn’t perform well last night, and for Jack to jump on that and post that hideous video…just ugh, as Oldest Teen observed 😬

Just watching the show about Belle Gibson on I Player (Bad Influencer) the influencer that faked cancer. Wow. Very interesting how such people work
Interesting- Mrs.B has also watched this today - she said she found it frightening on many levels.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Why did she have to tweet the video of her and Marcus as a rebuttal that her "three lions" photograph wasn't meant as critical of the three that missed the penalties? Why could she not just tweet, "I think you have misinterpreted my tweet. It was meant as support not criticism." She could have tweeted any number of positive comments about the players. But no, she had to make herself front and centre.

The fact that she was once paid to present an award to him is irrelevant. It doesn't prove she likes him, or supports him, or even knows him. It just proves she once got paid to do a job with him for one single day. After all, she normally hates people like Marcus that have been "up in her niche" the way he has for the past year.

Once again, she has tried to make the whole thing about her. The purpose of the video was to bring the limelight back to her. I am not sure it worked though. She's as transparent as a butcher's window.
She could be a one-woman football team!

Also, very well said MancyBee.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I can't think of many food personalities who have had the amount of attention that Monroe has over the years. It is the very opposite of criminal neglect. For a time, her every fart was newsworthy. Yet she has squandered so many opportunities, from turning up obnoxiously pissed and stoned to food media events in the past with a pissed and obnoxious plus one in tow,
Am fascinated by the pissed and obnoxious plus one here, surely not LJC or Allegra? Can remember reading Instagram captions following an Observer Food Magazine big night out a few years back which felt as if the evening might have been less enjoyable for everyone else there than Jack (maybe the one with the classic group photo of Jack, Jay Rayner and Mom?)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Eggy cup is a Northern Irish delicacy, most start with their mum/granny making it for them as a child but it's just as delicious in adulthood. Jack NEGLECTED to add its origin story. No doubt her mother made it often. AKA eggs bate up in a cup
Sorry, but I'm going to claim this one for Scotland where it's called a chuckie egg for some reason.

Mind you, my DNA profile showed 17% Irish DNA. I'm a 5th generation (or something) immigrant so maybe it's the Irish part of me that used to eat them!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Sorry, but I'm going to claim this one for Scotland where it's called a chuckie egg for some reason.

Mind you, my DNA profile showed 17% Irish DNA. I'm a 5th generation (or something) immigrant so maybe it's the Irish part of me that used to eat them!
and mine showed up very, very Scottish! 🤣 Well we know who DIDN'T invent it anyway and that's all that matters here!

How come we haven't had Greek mezé Jack this summer yet anyway, the Co-Op not got their 3 for 2 on yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Reckon Jack does the nerve to fully believe because that one day, they cooked a meal (yeah an embellished description of the activity), in a school, they can say they worked with Marcus on "school meals stuff". Didn't mention the word "free" in yesterday's tweets, but prob thinks it applies because gq got the shopping in that day.

I know everyone here has the nous to be over any why oh why jack thoughts. And now after delurking I have gone on to yell into the wind. But I'm just still always aghast at how Jack's pig headed ideas of accomplishment rear up.

The way Jack's twitter glinted when they saw how their ususal method of predation on others glory or misfortune had a golden opportunity in Marcus's current situation was horrid.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Am fascinated by the pissed and obnoxious plus one here, surely not LJC or Allegra? Can remember reading Instagram captions following an Observer Food Magazine big night out a few years back which felt as if the evening might have been less enjoyable for everyone else there than Jack (maybe the one with the classic group photo of Jack, Jay Rayner and Mom?)
So confused by the attachment versus the comment? Am I missing something, sorry? xx

Reactions: 17
Poca you made a mistake, here is Jack's actual letter to her bestie who refuses to acknowledge her existence.

View attachment 659928
Not enough likes in the world for this. Bravo. TS, Bravo.

Also - you have to love how wonderful these players are reacting today. Tyrone Mings was one of the guys doing a full time meals recipe earlier this month. To have the balls to actually confront Priti Patel (instead of posing outside the No10 door, and signing up to a Conservative Think Tank) is breathtaking. They are all showing how exceptional they are. Jack could NEVER come close to achieving a hundredth of these young men. I hope she fucks off back under her rock sharpish.

Oh - and Marcus tweeting has actually made me proper, lump in throat, tear up. And I am a hard hearted witch!

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.