Jack Monroe #197 Site currently unavailable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wouldn't touch the stuff she makes these days with a bargepole, some of it is like she's full on just cribbed it from the menu of some ostentatious medieval feast.
The ensemble of recipes on those post its did read like something out of Horrible Histories 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The website’s back. I bet she‘s done this to spite the thread title 😔

Who has voted it No 1 budget recipe website? Or by what measure is it No 1 budget recipe website. No 1 where, the UK, Europe, the world?

Unless she can clarify why she has called it No 1 budget recipe website, I would consider it a false claim.

And the second item on the website isn't even a recipe, it's things to do with empty cans. Well I can tell you, put them in the recycle bin where they can be melted down and put to some proper use.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
When I put "Budget recipes uk" into Google, the supposed #1 website isn't even on the first page

I suppose it's to do with Google stuff... SEOs etc .? But as Mancbee says, who says her website is number 1? #1 in House of Jack..

I need a picture of that T shirt..."I'm no.1 so why try harder?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
When I put "Budget recipes uk" into Google, the supposed #1 website isn't even on the first page

I suppose it's to do with Google stuff... SEOs etc .? But as Mancbee says, who says her website is number 1? #1 in House of Jack..

I need a picture of that T shirt..."I'm no.1 so why try harder?"
here he is

20210708_212139.jpg

honestly, if it was 40 pages later, thread title

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Can't see an 'about' page. Interesting exclusion.
There is a small paragraph on the title page. It lists Jacks current work in much the same way as their 'how it started, how its going' twitter pinned post does. It would be interesting to see the work with schools, childrens centres and food banks documented, I am sure Jacks followers would be interested and that its the type of work their Patreon followers are keen to support.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
There is a small paragraph on the title page. It lists her current work in much the same way as her 'how it started, how its going' twitter pinned post does.

No verbose origin story though. Makes a change.

You guys are giving her free advice!
Poor lass ain't worked for how many months now? Jack surely qualifies for free legal help, and you bloody know she'd be applying for any benefit going too (I've never bought her 'too proud to claim' schtick, I do believe the delay of funds in the original poverty story though)

• Haha
I also had a look to see if she could legitimately claim to be the #1 budget recipe site. There's a thread on Reddit where someone mentions her: seven links are posted by various users before someone posts hers. It got one upvote. If you restrict the search to the UK the first link is a Top 10 Budget Recipes list: she comes third. If you search 'budget recipes', THAT MAN's site appears on the first page while hers appears on page four. She must be citing this article from The Mirror where someone did the Below the Line challenge in 2015 and arbitrarily put Jack first as a source of recipes. Incidentally all the links in the article go to agirlcalledjack.com which is DEAD!

I hope they provided a fridge filled with Yakult like you asked them to @MancBee. Did you manage to pick up some wild garlic on the way?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I have arrived at the hotel. They've given me a top floor room. So using Jack's hyperbolic language, I'm in a penthouse suite.

It is 12 floors up, so has fantastic views across the city too. I'm so pleased I chose here. Bargain.

I would have liked to go to one of those independent burger places so beloved by Jack, but there's none close by. I think they are called Five Guys. There's not even a Dishoom close enough to walk to. What sort of a place is this?
When you stay at a Premier Inn you have to visit the terrible on-site restaurant for a mixed grill or burger and a sundae that is too melty and drips all over the table. It’s a tradition.

Plus there’s the all you can eat breakfast, which is most regrettable but you can steal lots of Nutella sachets.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I love how she just threw a little tweet out letting on she's casually folding laundry during the kickyball like everything is fine and normal lol Twitter is Jack's life and 'career'. Where's the money coming from to keep her afloat? The Patreon money for nothing is ridiculous but not enough for her to live on for this long. Must have a good whack in that savings account she paid the leftovers of her 'living wage' to!
Don't forget she's also halfway through her "no-spend year"!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
When you stay at a Premier Inn you have to visit the terrible on-site restaurant for a mixed grill or burger and a sundae that is too melty and drips all over the table. It’s a tradition.

Plus there’s the all you can eat breakfast, which is most regrettable but you can steal lots of Nutella sachets.
Last time I visited their buffet d’breakfast they had really nice yoghurts and muffins FYI. I guess buffets are closed due to Covid though 😕

Reactions: 19
It’s interesting that the origin story is gone from the website. I can’t find “Potatoes” either. Erasing as many lies as possible?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.