Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did have lessons about taxation and bills when I was at school. Did I listen, no. Would I have remembered it all anyway, no.
I went from halls to various student places often with bills included. The only one we cared about was the phone bill and counting up our calls. It was many years before I had a bill in my name.

I still have no idea about gas bills. I just pay it. We occasionally switch deals for a better one . What else is there to know?

Reactions: 35
So, been away.
Missed anything important?
Has the top tip book appeared?
Has the Marcus/Tom project been shared?
Has the granola recipe materialised?
Where has JM been & any idea how ‘serious’ it is?
Has the crappy bungalow been vacated?
Is Mrs Jack still about?
Who’s looking after SB, Cooper and dash?
I thank you in advance...
Did she share the Tom and Marcus thing? If she didn’t she’s disgusting. But we know that already

Reactions: 35
What does she need a multi-temp kettle for anyway? I thought that's what the slow cooker was for.
Exactly. It's easy to get the perfect cuppa with a slow cooker.

You stick it on for six hours for white or green tea, seven hours for English breakfast. If you're going to want a cuppa about noon, simply set your alarm and get up nice and early to stick it on. Don't forget to Tweet about how early you're up and how busy you are before buggering off back to bed.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I did have lessons about taxation and bills when I was at school. Did I listen, no. Would I have remembered it all anyway, no.
I went from halls to various student places often with bills included. The only one we cared about was the phone bill and counting up our calls. It was many years before I had a bill in my name.

I still have no idea about gas bills. I just pay it. We occasionally switch deals for a better one . What else is there to know?
The whole premise is stupid “81% of under 25’s don’t know what the word ‘tariff’ means”. - The all have phones and they all are aware of Google but none of them can be arsed to look it up because, at the end of the day, it’s less of a priority than their Facebook status. There may be a crisis but it isn’t some dastardly campaign to misinform.

Reactions: 31
Hello Hausfraus! Lurker and first time poster here. Been reading this thread from the very beginning for a couple of months now and this is literally 😅 the best thing that I have ever read! Aside from JM's antics, you guys are all incredible and I have loved finding out about you all ❤. Only on thread 37 and even stopped following JM on Twitter just after I discovered her and then subsequently here so that I don't know what madness is coming next 😅. Anyway back to thread 37 and grunka lunkaring away, I hope what's to come is good 😉.
Welcome

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Exactly. It's easy to get the perfect cuppa with a slow cooker.

You stick it on for six hours for white or green tea, seven hours for English breakfast. If you're going to want a cuppa about noon, simply set your alarm and get up nice and early to stick it on. Don't forget to Tweet about how early you're up and how busy you are before buggering off back to bed.
If you want to be really posh my darlings, you can even put the slow cooker on a timer plug. Fancy.
🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Evening, glorious cabal! Having a mini grunk and ever so surprised to learn the Twatter posting has resumed 🙄. My theory is that she hates cooking, hates food and is looking for a new direction, helping people budget (insert sniggers and numerous eye roll emojis here 🤣🙄🙄🙄).
She’s made a flying start, then 😬
I’m hoping we will never see BuilderJack, I might explode. The shed ‘conversion’ was enough for me...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Surely a trigger warning was warranted?
Or did you post this in a fugue state.
Poor birdies of exotic flamboyance are no more.
There were another pair close by, but as they were outside the tube I figured trying to take a picture was risky to say the least.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The whole premise is stupid “81% of under 25’s don’t know what the word ‘tariff’ means”.
As someone who has both written for the public and evaluated public information, if we found that kind of result from our effectiveness research, what we'd do is find another way to say it that made sense to the targeted group of our audience, then retest understanding with a larger sample size. We would not find someone who can barely use the English language effectively and have them be really odd on camera and punt it out on Twitter as a solution. Language usage changes. Tariff can mean a few different things. Literacy levels in the UK are not good. Just pick a more accessible word.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
What does she need a multi-temp kettle for anyway? I thought that's what the slow cooker was for. Not a chance I'm going to watch that video either but I do hope 'Yes! A kilowatt hour!' is going to catch on in cabal parlance.

Tonight's the night, I'm buzzing for headrush spaghetti lads. I bought the fresh parsley and vegan hard-style cheese this afternoon for the finishing touches and I'm pretty sure that is what's going to give it that final flourish and make it <chef's kiss>
This is the same feeling as Eurovision Eve and will hopefully make up for my team currently being involved in a kickyball match that as is dull as the poverty story

• Haha
Reactions: 20
We would not find someone who can barely use the English language effectively and have them be really odd on camera and punt it out on Twitter as a solution
But that’s all anything ever these days, no? - less an effective means of public service, more creating a social justice issue out of thin air and giving some no-mark an opportunity to promote themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm with Octopus, you do have a referral link to share. You receive £50 credit on your account for each person who signs up on your recommendation. With £50 credit for the person who clicks on your link to open an account. Maybe Jack is wanting to share the link to get bagfuls of ££. ( you get a free spin the wheel too to have the chance to win credit each month when you input your meter reading).

• Wow
Reactions: 26
I don't get why she is doing this anyway.

I mean she's a food writer/ spoiler. I know people who are skint need cheap bills too, but shouldn't she stick to her niche. I mean you don't see nigella going over to British gas and stating can understand their complex bills because she is a real chef and a daughter of a literal Baron.

It really makes me believe she is a complete sellout and that none of matters as long as their wads of ££ involved.

Reactions: 41
I'm with Octopus, you do have a referral link to share. You receive £50 credit on your account for each person who signs up on your recommendation. With £50 credit for the person who clicks on your link to open an account. Maybe Jack is wanting to share the link to get bagfuls of ££. ( you get a free spin the wheel too to have the chance to win credit each month when you input your meter reading).
God that is so 4 years ago when Richard Herring did it with Bulb

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.