Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In my next meeting when I finally solve some deep and ongoing problem with my current team, I'll gleefully shout out

'Yes, it's a kilowatt-hour!'

It's the new Eureka.

How? Just, how?

The talents exhibited on this thread never fail to astound me.

Now, for the granola.
This will open up the gateway for the Frauen to google 'how to make a gif' and trawl Jack's YouTube channel. I'm very BUSY right now, but I feel there are many treasures to be had.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I trawled through a few recipes this morning to see if there was one I could bear to try. I failed. I'm going to make some toffee instead.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
"Oh poor people don't understand their utilities bills" sounds a lot like "oh poor people don't know how to cook".

hashtag what is structural inequality
hashtag more clapping less paying
hashtag Tory mentality

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Do you think Jack’s energy campaign could have prompted the appearance of the interloper MaxRigger (or whatever he called himself) who claimed to work on an oil or gas rig?? V suspicious... 🤔

Pondering whether she’d have been given a lesson in production/steps before it reaches the end user... apologies for boring topic! 🔺

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Bulb do that £50 referral thing to, or at least they used to. £50 for getting someone to join, and £50 off the new client's first bill. It *has* gone up but I think it's still cheaper per unit than whatever I used before (Scottish Power IIRC). Plus, you get those cute little bar charts 😂
I'm with Bulb too!

My fave thing is how quickly you can get money out of your account if you've built up a lot of credit. Literally one email then it's done the same day.

Plus they will lower your monthly DD if you aren't spending as much. Sorta like Giffgaff with their phone tariffs if you aren't using all of your data.

Again a godsend for people who like to save some moolah.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I'm with Bulb too!

My fave thing is how quickly you can get money out of your account if you've built up a lot of credit. Literally one email then it's done the same day.

Plus they will lower your monthly DD if you aren't spending as much. Sorta like Giffgaff with their phone tariffs if you aren't using all of your data.

Again a godsend for people who like to save some moolah.
Totally! I was so, so skint a couple of years ago that getting my hands on the £100 or so credit I had on there (plus being able to reduce my monthly rate for the little while to took me to dig myself out the hole I found myself in) made the world of difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Who the hell at Octopus Energy thought I know we'll get smol slop slinger Jack Monroe to front some campaign ...I mean how...why ...was Martin Lewis too busy ,too expensive ? ...have they not seen her body of work ......make it make sense 🤦

• Haha
Reactions: 36
View attachment 572154On this day..
Jack showed us her Mediterranean arse and zippy new haircut done with a beard trimmer (allegedly). I don't know much about Mediterranean arses but(t) this one does not seem v. chunky at all. Especially if you factor in the sticky-out pose.

Today's news we see Jack has again partnered with Octopus. She 'learnt' something but did not share what that was.
That feels about a year ago but if you tell me Go Henry Gate was only a couple of months ago I will not believe you!

No facetune there.
#saltymanc
I love it!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I never understand 'they should teach this at school' type stuff. If schools are successful, broadly speaking and of course with exceptions, people should leave them literate, numerate and with some ability to reason. You can then use these skills to complete any number of life tasks without schools specifically having to teach each and every obstacle that may be encountered.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.