Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[/SPOILER]

Oh, that's not really a thing anymore. Some of us are careful with pronouns, others not because Jack keeps changing them.
Oh tit - I’m usually really aware of pronouns, and have just twigged Jack’s preferred is ‘them/they’. Sincere apologies to anyone I may have offended x

Yes! I would love it if Darren from Debenhams paid a visit to the threads.
This part is amazing. While working on the cheese and ham counter she learned a lot about.... cheese and ham.

View attachment 575064
Ok, one of the jobs I had as a young lad was on the deli counter of our local supermarket, and I can assure you that I was never trained in how meat was cured, nor of the finer differential points of cheeses...it was more about upselling the stuff we had loads of and was on offer, and learning how not to lose digits in the meat slicer 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
@Billybellend Don't feel bad! I felt awful, really upset at myself for not using preferred pronouns, I try to do the right thing by people.
Then Jack went and changed them on the bio.

Then changed them back again.
I felt as though Jack was manipulating people by changing the goal posts, so to speak. Now I don't care if I slip up and write she or her. I tried, we all respectfully used the pronouns only for Jack to change her mind.

Please don't let Jack's games make you feel bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
@Billybellend Don't feel bad! I felt awful, really upset at myself for not using preferred pronouns, I try to do the right thing by people.
Then Jack went and changed them on the bio.

Then changed them back again.
I felt as though Jack was manipulating people by changing the goal posts, so to speak. Now I don't care if I slip up and write she or her. I tried, we all respectfully used the pronouns only for Jack to change her mind.

Please don't let Jack's games make you feel bad.
Thank you...I like to refer to people however they choose to identify themselves, just as you do; I just got confused 😕 x

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Oh tit - I’m usually really aware of pronouns, and have just twigged Jack’s preferred is ‘them/they’. Sincere apologies to anyone I may have offended x

Ok, one of the jobs I had as a young lad was on the deli counter of our local supermarket, and I can assure you that I was never trained in how meat was cured, nor of the finer differential points of cheeses...it was more about upselling the stuff we had loads of and was on offer, and learning how not to lose digits in the meat slicer 🤣
I was being careful with the they/them pronouns (or just referring to Jack by name where possible), but then she referred to herself using 'she', so I took that as she doesn't mind either.

I honestly wouldn't worry that you've offended anyone Billy, it's hard to keep track with Jack when she changes them quietly all the time in her bio. X

• Heart
I have procured pineapple rings. The jackfruit abomination will happen this week.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Matt has acknowledged DKL publicly but with the most boring snooze fest of a comment re: driving from Wales to London being eery. Don’t care hun give us the bleeping chaoooos

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Yes! I would love it if Darren from Debenhams paid a visit to the threads.
This part is amazing. While working on the cheese and ham counter she learned a lot about.... cheese and ham.

View attachment 575064
I thought when she worked in a supermarket she used to go around with her pricing gun giving £20 turkeys to people for 3p. More jobs than Barbie.

• Haha
Matt has acknowledged DKL publicly but with the most boring snooze fest of a comment re: driving from Wales to London being eery. Don’t care hun give us the bleeping chaoooos

Oh wow that’s brilliant.

Interviewer - “So, tell us about DKL”

Matt - “emails, sent in from viewers“

Interviewer - “and how was your co-presenter?”

Matt -

Interviewer - “your co-host? Jack Monroe?”

Matt - “eerie roads man. Eerie.”

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I was being careful with the they/them pronouns (or just referring to Jack by name where possible), but then she referred to herself using 'she', so I took that as she doesn't mind either.

I honestly wouldn't worry that you've offended anyone Billy, it's hard to keep track with Jack when she changes them quietly all the time in her bio. X
This is just what I was away to type! If she changes back to they/them pronouns I will do my utmost to respect them.

I think it was when she said something about “she has strength” when hashing out that ridiculous tile on the train fairy tale so I thought that meant she was ok with she/her again.

She’d be hard pushed to have a go at us for that and to be fair, I don’t think she ever has publicly.

Reactions: 33

Lollll
“I was fortunate to carry on working, so that was good, we carried on doing Saturday Kitchen.”
“We also did a two week every day show,” he added.

• Haha

Jack, how is brie different to camembert?
It just is. 🤷‍♀️

This is just what I was away to type! If she changes back to they/them pronouns I will do my utmost to respect them.

I think it was when she said something about “she has strength” when hashing out that ridiculous tile on the train fairy tale so I thought that meant she was ok with she/her again.

She’d be hard pushed to have a go at us for that and to be fair, I don’t think she ever has publicly.
Someone tried to defend Jack's pronouns on Twitter and got a crappy response, so I don't care if Jack doesn't.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Godspeed @Fruitjack dear heart. There are probably enough of us now that can raise our hands having felt personally victimised by Jack's recipes that we could apply for a group litigation order. We might be able to take her 100% success rate in court down to 50%.

OG Bungle looks like he's just taken a huge hit of headrush spaghetti and now he can see into the eleventh dimension.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.