Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
I did some law modules for my mainly useless degree and really enjoyed it.

I loved case law, lots of little stories with proper endings, like the one about the snail in the bottle of ginger beer.
Wow that is a blast from the past😱🐌 stirred memories I’d suppressed about college life 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Captainmouse

VIP Member
She is so lucky that her kids dad would take him so much, but doesn't she feel like she's missing out on so much( because she is) being apart from him, she missing out on lots of his experiences and how he deals with it.

From what I can see is she really has him 1 full weekend and for a few hours in the school week. No offence but in a few years I can see him going to live with dad as that were he most of the time going to his mum's must be like a little trip purgatory
FTFY 😇

too short

• Haha

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Hey, we need this info for the Sali thread!

To be fair he wrote a whole string of tweets saying he felt it would be a bit unfair if he went to the pub today to be served by someone in a mask who might not have had a vaccine but felt they needed to work, and the re-opening feels a bit soon. He’s pretty much saying he feels uneasy returning to normal so fast when not everyone had a vaccine yet which is a fair opinion.
Thanks for this, it is fair enough! We've had our mask restrictions lifted where I am. Only required on public transport and taxis but I'm still wearing one when I'm anywhere in public.

• Wow

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I don’t get this “disowning” thing about the likes of Morrissey. I loved the Smiths, I liked Moz, then it turned out he is a massive racist so I don't pay him much mind any more. 🤷🏼‍♀️ There’s plenty of people I thought were alright last century and now I don’t.
I get it with Gary Glitter- he was actively abusing children whilst famous, and using his pop start status to do it. And he continued to abuse children, being convicted again within the last ten years or so. Not playing his songs means depriving him of royalties ££££ so it makes sense to boycott him in that way. Jacko - the royalties go to whoever owns the rights nowadays, he was never convicted of child abuse, it’s slightly more complicated. It’s not the same at all as racist old
Moz ruining his own legacy, let him crack on being a dickhead. I won’t be buying a ticket to see him play neither will I be deleting the Smiths from my playlists, AFAIK there’s no mind programming racist messages hidden in the songs, I even have some vinyl perhaps Ican play it backwards to check??

On topic - people get cancelled a lot quicker these days (looking at you Jack)
Not quick enough in her case!

• Haha

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Hmmmm I seem to remember THAT MAN getting into a bit of a hoo haa over paella. Weren't Valencians horribly offended that he'd bastardised the dish by putting chorizo in it? Shouldn't a certain smol pixie be fully aware of this given how vocal she is about his appropriation of jollof rice? Shouldn't said smol pixie be ashamed that not only did she make an even LESS authentic version (by...baking it?? 🤮), she's made it look like a pile of vomit?

A cursory search reveals this... uh oh 😬

View attachment 525514
This looks really nice tbf.

Reactions: 16
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Bobtheknob

Chatty Member
Same! Aware of Morrisey/ The Smiths but can’t say I know their body of work and wouldn’t have a clue if they passed me on the streets! I was brought up on Queen, Guns n Roses and Stiff Little Fingers.
That's my band too! Saw them twice last year before the rest of the tour was cancelled. Still holding onto my ticket for London, now 2022!

• Heart

Flibbertigibbet

Chatty Member
There are some things you don’t mess with because of the huge aggro it causes and paella is one of them. Just call it a rice dish. Personally I don’t mind if people have their own go and ‘mess with’ recipes because food should be about experimentation but the Spanish get really worked up so don’t poke the bear with the chorizo publishing food writers!
Yeah, but that just makes me want to make JEHOVAH paella! (sorry @colouredlines and thank you for the rules and tips), and I think you might have annoyed them by calling them Spanish when they are Catalan anyway? I'm fairly sure the "outrage" is just a lot of eyerolls and curses with a few nutters on local radio or something, and the press loves to stir it up (like a paella risotto) because like Game of Thrones fans and suchlike, they're so cute when they're angry!

• Haha

ClarenceBeakes

One of my best teenage memories was going into town to do a bit of shopping and seeing Bernard Sumner driving along Deansgate in a red convertible on a sunny Saturday afternoon in the early 90s, blasting out his own tunes and living his best life. I never knew he was from Broughton, that's a bit closer into Manchester than where I'm from but not by much.
BS used to have a really shit-hot Merc convertable around that time.....

Reactions: 14

Eldorado

Depends on LA. Here, you have a revised bill sent through as soon as you have planning permission granted.
I don't see this on the official site? The gov.uk site only says exemptions apply for some circumstances- eg building a self contained annexe or something to do with leasehold properties.

Reactions: 11