Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Flash123

VIP Member
I feel like I should know this, but what's the story of Jollof rice (not the dish I mean, the JM story)?
In the THAT MAN chaos she launched into criticism of him being given a channel 4 show saying he was getting all up in her niche in the same way that he did a ‘jerk rice’ recipe which was accused of cultural appropriation

Reactions: 31

Malkiavelli

Chatty Member
I love you dear heart for saying how much you 💘 eating. Me too.
Perhaps Slimming World could sign up Jackie next. Gold stars all round with weight loss cos no-one would eat that fuckers recipes would they.
Maybe *this* is her true calling - producing food so bad that even greedy fuckers feel repulsed by the idea of eating what she comes up with...

• Haha

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Absolutely. Having a baby makes you the centre of any encounter. Even strangers make a fuss of both the baby and the mother. She would love all that attention.

Can you imagine the Twitter content? The adoration from the sycophantic squiggles? The descriptions of the most mundane baby tasks and how much she has to struggle on her own? Everybody fussing over her as if she is the only person to have ever had a child. Doesn't bear thinking about.
She'd love all that, though she'd be incredibly resentful of the other side of it, having to actually take care of someone round the clock. No more dino naps when she fancies, no time to play dress up for Twitter and take a ton of selfies. She'd hate having to put someone else's needs first 😕.

• Heart

Fraggle

All this doesn’t add up ( what a surprise) if she’s not in the RENTED bungalow how has she managed to get hold of this frozen wonder :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 30

MancBee

VIP Member
She'd love all that, though she'd be incredibly resentful of the other side of it, having to actually take care of someone round the clock. No more dino naps when she fancies, no time to play dress up for Twitter and take a ton of selfies. She'd hate having to put someone else's needs first 😕.
She would treat it like a dolly, passing it back to Owen whenever the going got even in the slightest tough. Either that or make her son do stuff like nappy changes and all the mundane tasks. She would say she is teaching him the responsibilities of adulthood, all in the guise of palming off what is her responsibility. She said she would only have one with Owen if he synchronised with her other child's father.

In other words, she would only have the baby around when there's her other son to take care of it.

Last edited:

Hollaaa

VIP Member
Just out of curiosity - is this the same area that New Order are from? Because Bernard's description of where he grew up is so bloody bleak I actually thought he might have been joking?!? But reading these recollections make me feel differently.
One of my best teenage memories was going into town to do a bit of shopping and seeing Bernard Sumner driving along Deansgate in a red convertible on a sunny Saturday afternoon in the early 90s, blasting out his own tunes and living his best life. I never knew he was from Broughton, that's a bit closer into Manchester than where I'm from but not by much.

• Heart
  • Wow
oh LJC, we did Kevin breaking up people’s marriages and getting people up the duff at least three years ago
Fuck me, only three years ago? My arsehole ex was pissing himself laughing at my saying something like that in around 2001. I've been through two long term relationships and the best part of a decade with Mr D since then.

• Haha

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I think it's the latter @colouredlines. If one has put time and emotional investment into a public figure they might feel silly when that person starts being a dick, hence the defensiveness. Idk, just my thoughts on it.