Jack Monroe #169 Please don’t argue about turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She doesn't have the first clue how to promote herself positively.

It's mind-boggling.
Her social media audience is her biggest asset. She can still pull in quite a lot of engagement on Twitter as we've seen. She could have done live cookalongs, Twitter threads that break down each recipe, written blogs to promote the launch about mental health and food, done competitions to win signed copies/ingredients sets. And if she was struggling MH wise herself then she should have handed control over the her publisher/an assistant who wasnt furloughed to run it on her behalf.

The social mediabmarketeer in me finds it infuriating! So many wasted opportunities.

Reactions: 52
Well she obviously has miraculously green special smol pixie fingers, if she is harvesting every week from one plant
she never feeds, protects from birds or insects or frost, I doubt she waters
I think the chard in a pot maybe like Trigger’s broom.

Reactions: 32
OT but can you share? This will go down v well in some of my circles

We're in Australia, but I'm pretty sure he gets the Japan crate. Think it ships all over, but the second one might give you more options.

Reactions: 15
Right back at ya @ChocolateMuffin !

I want to paint my internal doors white, have the paint but not the motivation, you may have inspired me! First task today is fixing a drawer in kitchen that needs replacement sliders. Jack needs to count her blessings in her RENTED home, if something breaks, it's not her problem!!! (off topic, but why isn't there a 'standard size' for drawers, took me days to figure out what size sliders I needed?!)

I can't believe how hard Jack has gone done the botanist route in a couple of days. If she really cared she'd be showing how easy it is to grow herbs in pots and tomato plants in grow bags etc, all helping ease the food budget by growing your own, and also, yummy fresh flavours to cook with. Jack is the type of gal who gets yellow sticker salad bags to dry up into green dust for flavouring. Or how plants help mental health. But nope, it's all the Jack Show, and all I see is a blooming twat!!!

Reactions: 33
She just never promoted it at all. And constantly tells people in interviews when she feels down, she just eats crisps, sweets, and pot noodles. Nothing inherently wrong with that, we all have our crappy mood foods, but to claim to have written *the* book on food for bad days, and then admit to never eating them is really stupid (and it's not like she can't lie about stuff either!)

Reactions: 54
Professional is not in her very limited vocabulary, she has no clue what it means, like many other words

Reactions: 36
Is there not a risotto recipe in there? Hahahahaaha.

Admittedly, I can't watch Jack without grinding my teeth, so not watched much of her book shilling, but, you're right, all she goes on about is eating six packets of crisps and curling up in a ball. Granted, we all need days like that, but that's not an answer to the question asked. She's a grade-A idiot in everyway.

Reactions: 27
This is stuck in my head this morning. Plant Mom Jack is the wooooorrrrrrrrst.
edit: dammit tried to insert Jean-Ralphio gif but the wrong one appeared

Reactions: 18
Not inside a sandwich they arent! They are amazing, not immense but comforting as I hark back to my student days (curry flavour super noodles, white bread). Lovely. Off to write a cookbook now.
Add a dairylea triangle on the days you're feeling fancy and that right there is an absolute SNACK!

Reactions: 24
Exactly this.

If I was in charge of her career, I’d have maxed her out on Twitter over lockdown. Rather than replying to every query she received on the #LockdownLarder, I’d have maybe collated five and uploaded a quick Twitter / Insta vid responding to them, giving well thought out and accessible recipe ideas. This would be pre-filmed and uploaded daily.

This way, she’d have been getting valuable video experience (without the pressure of it being live) while carving out a niche for herself that few other food personalities were filling.

She could have still done the #LockdownLarder hashtag, but it would have been so much more cohesive and useful - both for her followers and for her brand.

Reactions: 49
Super noodle sandwiches with dairylea triangles? Cabal I love you but I’m starting to see why some of you followed Jack for a fair while

Reactions: 67
The chard has self sown across her meadow-like garden. I'm inclined to think it's actually dandelion leaves, or fox glove, but leafs is leafs
Which would she prefer in a salad - urinary incontinence, or heart palpitations?
With her expert gardening knowledge green is green is green. She’s probably drying the foxglove leaves on the radiator to make tea and wondering why she has palpitations!

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.