Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
I can’t believe she’s invested so much time bleating on about smeg fridges, it’s so off brand for her, too fancy! 😂
And to think she quibbles about the price of a tin of beans and won’t splash out on real lemons.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
all very quiet on the court case front too. Saddened I won’t get to have tapas and a goss IRL tbh as we sit through a dramatic reading of the threads in order to try and find one (1) singular piece of libel/slander.

Also that CK bra needs throwing out I think it’s been washed on too high a heat? I have the same one they’re in sale at the mo hun x

• Haha
  • Heart

emm

VIP Member
To add a new job to the list, in the guardian article she’s saying she was a reporter in the local paper , not totally sure when/ how that fits into her myriad other jobs

• Haha

PennyLoafer

Chatty Member
@Nottonightbabe I think you suggested making soda bread the other day, when I was asking about wholemeal SR flour... was this the recipe you had in mind?

View attachment 133716
I noticed that she posted this in response to a foodbank users question. She's suddenly remembered that they exist, eight days before her book comes out. How timely. Just like the last time she had a book in the offing.

Just to go back to the 2019 Scotsman interview that someone posted on (I think) the last thread, one thing that stands out is that the interviewer doesn't challenge her on this. In fact, no interviewers ever challenge her on any of her BS.

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 17.48.02.png

Encourage people to donate to food banks? Yes, great. Donate a percentage of the proceeds of your book to food banks? Yes, also great. But urge people to buy your non-essential book for food banks? Brazen hustle. She derails the question and gets away with it. And there's been plenty of spoon-licking, skimpy pants, gratuitous boobage etc to appeal to a certain element of her fanbase.

And this is a horribly rude and patronising way to talk about her social media audience. Contradictory, too, given her insistence on keeping her DMs open, despite all the 'abuse', because people NEED HER. Her followers don't expect to be kept 'under control'. The poor slavish fools either want advice and/or a little attention from her, or they want to show how virtuous they are by supporting her. Ugh.

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 17.58.59.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Sorry off topic but I love your user name, it sums most of us up here 😂
🙋‍♀️
Mind you @People-huv-tae-know, your user name is pretty braw too

What is it with these people biting the hand that feeds them? I know we never know what goes on behind closed doors but if she’s not painting a picture that her folks didn’t care enough about her (even though her mum’s on Twitter and can see everything 😔) then that other bloody national treasure Joe Wicks has been slagging off his mum for not breastfeeding him when he was a baby!!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I know! Not to derail the thread but Joe Wicks' poor mum just seems like she was very young and skint having kids, and was probably a bit overwhelmed, his childhood diet doesn't sound any worse than others of his age. Jack's parents were clearly decent, kind people who were comfortably off financially (not "working class" as she claims) and it's unlikely that she and her son "froze and starved for years" (direct quote). What is wrong with these people slagging off their parents in public, on forums where they can read? I find it quite shocking, especially as they're parents themselves and know how tough it can be.
Couldn’t agree more! Your viewpoint changes with your own experience but I’m not that much older than Jack and both my parents are dead. I didn’t always appreciate my folks as much as I should (especially my mum, I was 18 when she died) but I can guarantee I would not have slated them on social media, knowing either them or their friends/family would see it!

• Heart

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
And if she posts a link to the fridge she gets with an affiliate code she’ll make a very tidy sum.

On the plus side she won’t be able to lie anymore about a mysterious and generous friend gifting her white goods.

• Haha

MarmiteExtract

VIP Member
Wait a minute. Leaving aside the blatant cup-rattling, she's debating which new Smeg fridge to buy? Aren't the tall ones at least a grand? And if her 'broken' one is only three months old, why doesn't she just get it repaired?
Good point. A Smeg is a rather FANCY purchase, isn’t it?

• Haha

kirkvanhouten

I personally think her books will start tanking. More people are bored. She lost a big opportunity in lockdown, when people were adapting, making lock down food - even bloody doing tins, just miles and miles better she was doing what? Having a tantrum weeks in because JO was employed by his employer??

She had a weird presenting 2 weeks where she had no distinguishable feature, she can guard the comments but its quite obvious she (allegedly) hasn't been asked back.

Theres only so many times you can put various different pensioner foods out there for people to give a shit. These people on twitter - might buy her book i guess, but im not sure she will be getting the old levels of success.

• Haha

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
I hope that Jack has the decency to properly test the recipes for this book. When I'm low something as minor as spilling water when I'm making coffee can set me spiralling. Depressed people certainly don't need recipes that are destined to fail.

Nope, she has 589023 recipes to "concoct" this week, no time to test out any recipes. However if you are willing to pay $84 a month you can test them for her!

eta - there are only 17 spots left for this opportunity.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick

PennyLoafer

Chatty Member
do Checkout assistants usually inquire about what you’re going to do with your sausages?
To be fair, they often do where I live - a small town with mostly familiar faces coming and going. The Co-op staff are a particularly chatty, friendly bunch, whether you're in the mood for it or not. I remember that once I was buying something like a couple of lemons, a roll of tin foil and a bottle of wine, and the lady said "Ooh, it looks like someone's going to have a fun night tonight!". I know, me neither.

That said, Jack's little sausage story sounds dubious to me. What was to be gained - apart from maybe food poisoning - from defrosting sausages in different parts of the house? Like pretty much everything she says, it doesn't make sense when you hold it up to the light. I just think she can't help lying and embellishing at every turn, even when it comes to small everyday occurrences.

• Haha
  • Heart

emm

VIP Member
Yeeessh. Ok, ok we get it! You’ve had a bad week love.
But why complain about online negativity (attention) when you court it so?
I also really hope for her sake that she actually conducts her exercise in a more supportive sports top and not in jeans!
I bet if anyone commented she hold say she’s too poor for anything else

Joe Wicks is an absolute dick. If the worst thing that has happened to you in life is that mummy didn't breastfeed you, you really do have issues!

Jack has a really weird relationship with her family and the father of her son. Her lies are so public, it must really hurt them when they read it.
Yeh when she made that comment about him getting upset for reading criticism of her online all I could think was how much more hurtful your mum basically saying you ruined her career would be

ChokingOnZofloraFumes

• Haha
Has she mentioned in front of Smeg that this fridge is brand new and has broken? Surely from a brand PoV they would want to show their great customer care & get that fixed rather than doing this awkward dance around which new one she’s buying / being gifted?!

Can anyone who has one explain (apart from the aesthetic ) why smeg fridges are so good? If she’s as poor as she claims surely she would get a less expensive one?.
IMO it’s 100% branding. They’re beautiful fridges, I was genuinely really shocked when I saw inside one (we were going to buy it) as I expected to see a high spec fridge with mod cons but it honestly looks like when they open those fridges that Coca Cola salesmen used to travel the states with in the 50s? It’s even a weird cream coloured plastic.

• Wow
  • Haha