Jack Monroe #159 HarperCollins responded by saying the tweets were factually inaccurate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started reading a lot when everyone was trying to SEO all of their posts and it was both hilarious and infuriating - can’t remember what thread number it was

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
That post by @Petelgeuse is an instant classic.

Question, cabal. I've been thinking about the wiki (I know, I know, I never shut up about it.) It's written by lots of different people and copied and pasted from posts here. Because of it, it includes repetition and quite a lot of tattle-speak. Would it be useful to edit it to make it more streamlined and remove tattle-language like grunkaing, doing a chaos, etc. to make it easier to read for new members? Obvs wouldn't touch the glossary, the Jack for dummies or the to do list.

😡 = leave it alone, you demanding prune
🤢= get on with it, you mithering ninny
😮 = I vote both, ninny-prune

I'm saying yes to streamlining, but maybe leave the Tattle speak. I love all the ridiculous words, and they are explained in the glossary. Maybe update the glossary with ‘Ya prune!’ If someone hasn’t already 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I came over just after ThatMan. I originally came to take a peek at the Hinch threads, but curiously started to peek at the Jack ones when she was going on about being immunocompromised then forgetting she’d said that and then back again. I’d been sus for a while so it was nice to see others noticing the inconsistency too. It took me a lot longer to start posting!

Reactions: 30
Oh when we were saying that Laura Waddell should look into Jack Monroe who lives with Louisa Compton. Good times.
Guess what lads, there IS such a thing as a Brexit tin 🤣

*please let’s not discuss brexit

A28E6796-05E9-4286-97E5-DF7C3B8C506D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I'm still thinking about the 17 chairs. These are chairs in addition to her indoor chairs, so what's the true chair total? Is she including the egg chairs in that? She's definitely got that antique captain's chair she wheeled three miles home from a second-hand shop and at least two more plastic school chairs so that brings it up to 20. That is a lot of chairs for one arse, even accounting for the fact that she sleeps across two of them at a time when approaching a book deadline. That's not even including other chair equivalents, like the sofas.

@Vanelope by sheer coincidence I was just searching for the Jack-asleep-on-chairs photo (no luck) and came across #123 CAROLE MALONE IS AWAY which I believe is the thread you are referring to. I was almost crying with laughter reading it at the time.

@HotesTilaire of course, it would be butter, her nemesis!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
is that Louisa Compton Head of Channel 4 News, Brexit Tin Thief and Cushion Refusenik?
In my maverick little brain Louisa Compton is now Blackadder's auntie who believes in sitting on spikes because chairs are an indulgence.

Lady_Whiteadder.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I think I started lurking on here around May/June time.... I'd seen a comment somewhere about tattle and wondered what is was about, which lead me into the Hinch threads.
When I saw JM had a thread here I read for a few months before posting. Things started not adding up for me when she started posting on the MGATG page (Mrs Gloss and the Goss page).

She was still declaring to be poor, yet had this amazing amount of high end makeup and sometimes rather fancy clothes. It made me question how she could stretch her finances to it when I was having to constantly juggle mine and couldn't and still can't afford those frivolities. The fact she got a real high from posting on there, reminded me of the ways of my mother who is a narc. I never interacted with her posts on there and I don't have twitter. (I looked once and it just seemed too confusing, so I happily stay in my little bubble).

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I'm still thinking about the 17 chairs. These are chairs in addition to her indoor chairs, so what's the true chair total? Is she including the egg chairs in that? She's definitely got that antique captain's chair she wheeled three miles home from a second-hand shop and at least two more plastic school chairs so that brings it up to 20. That is a lot of chairs for one arse, even accounting for the fact that she sleeps across two of them at a time when approaching a book deadline. That's not accounting for all the other chair equivalents, like the sofas.

@Vanelope by sheer coincidence I was just searching for the Jack-asleep-on-chairs photo (no luck) and came across #123 CAROLE MALONE IS AWAY which I believe is the thread you are referring to. I was almost crying with laughter reading it at the time.

@HotesTilaire of course, it would be butter, her nemesis!
Why does she need all these chairs?! I've never known her to have any kind of party in the years I've followed her. We know she's had at at least one dinner party before because we've heard the stories from it repeatedly but for the life of me I can't think of any gatherings, groups or parties at her gaff? Not even for the kid's birthday over the years? (I'm talking pre-pandemic obv)

Reactions: 37
[
This doesn't mean a lot. My ex is an upstanding pillar of society with a job in the caring profession who places a lot of emphasis on how he is perceived. Doesn't stop him being an abusive ass to his partners and children.
Funny you should say that, have read loads of pieces on him over last few days, and it did make me ponder a few things.
Jack has clearly got a lot of issues and nothing adds up ref her and The Poverty period. Something ain't right and I feel really uncomfortable commenting any further about her.
You are a gorgeous lot though, much love and all that.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 29
That post by @Petelgeuse is an instant classic.

Question, cabal. I've been thinking about the wiki (I know, I know, I never shut up about it.) It's written by lots of different people and copied and pasted from posts here. Because of it, it includes repetition and quite a lot of tattle-speak. Would it be useful to edit it to make it more streamlined and remove tattle-language like grunkaing, doing a chaos, etc. to make it easier to read for new members? Obvs wouldn't touch the glossary, the Jack for dummies or the to do list.

😡 = leave it alone, you demanding prune
🤢= get on with it, you mithering ninny
It looked amazingly neat and well-organised the last time I checked it - if you feel it necessary to make it even more perfect, have at it.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I don't think this is going to be a popular opinion but is anyone else uncomfortable with the increased Tattle/Twitter crossover?

I see lots of talk of the squiggles uprising but I would say 99% of them are quite clearly here. There's nothing to be gained from doing it, tweets tagging loads of people in from accounts with no followers, it is just trolling. It substantiates everything people say about here.

I don't know. It makes me really sad, I used to like reading here but it's making me really uncomfortable.
I agree.

Reactions: 14
Used to pick her up in the taxi occasionally from her stint when writing for the local rag . (2012-14?) She was even then quite a strange young lady, quirky if anything not demonstrably weird. I remember congratulating her on taking Katie hopkins to the cleaners a couple years later- I was really in awe of her for that feat I recall. Fame,fame, fatal fame eh. Can play hideous tricks on the brain.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Why does she need all these chairs?! I've never known her to have any kind of party in the years I've followed her. We know she's had at at least one dinner party before because we've heard the stories from it repeatedly but for the life of me I can't think of any gatherings, groups or parties at her gaff? Not even for the kid's birthday over the years? (I'm talking pre-pandemic obv)

It's the same reason she needs all the high end makeup, all the rolls of wrapping/wall paper, all the similar clothing, all the HIGH end clothing, all the cutlery, all the seasonal cutlery?, all the pots and pans, the 3 freezers, oh and all the bowls/dishes/cups/stolen milk bottles, the cotswold sideboards, oh and all the fancy trainers. (How could I forget them) Plus many I've probably forgotten. The need to keep and gather various items is a compulsion, her needs and desires are above anything else. That's her priority, as I've said previously narcissists can't put anyone or anything else first but themselves. Even at the detriment of close and loved ones.
the pets (all of them) show this hugely.... she doesn't think about their wellbeing or needs being met... it's what they can do for her sadly.
So what is actually rational is completely different to her, it makes sense in her world. The fact the umpteen chairs and everything else comes before paying rent securing a safe household for her child shows this inability that she actually can't and won't do it as that does not fulfill her needs. Which will always come first.

sound familiar?
  • Grandiose sense of self-importance
  • Preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  • Belief they are special and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions
  • Need for excessive admiration
  • Sense of entitlement
  • Interpersonally exploitative behaviour
  • Lack of empathy
  • Envy of others or a belief that others are envious of them
  • Demonstration of arrogant and haughty behaviours or attitudes

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
why oh why are there so many manga ads, vlad, why? 😭

don't let go... of the granola recipe

20210303_230657.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Why does she need all these chairs?!
This is what I want to know! duck the granola (sorry @Into_the_tunnel) I demand an explanation for the chairs! Her garage must look like a school assembly. The number doesn't even make sense, as we all know she owns everything in triplicate and 17 is not a multiple of 3. My god, if it turns out we've been working with unreliable data this could completely undermine all our previous work at the Jackademy of Mathematics.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I’m raging about Dash, there is no way that is suitable housing.

As everyone has already mentioned he needs a hard surface he can scratch nails on not soft flooring. Unless he has a litter tray (which I doubt) the tiles will end upgoing rotten and maybe infested. I want to steal him away and give home a proper home, she is too self involved to look after anything. Especially as she can’t even look after herself 🤬🤬🤬.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.