Jack Monroe #159 HarperCollins responded by saying the tweets were factually inaccurate

How long have you been sailing in the Good Ship Jacky Pop?

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Emmapism for the thread title! 🎉 Had to shorten it to fit. Your prize: your choice of one of Jack’s garden chairs, plus a slice of the lemon drizzle. Zesty.

Recap of last thread

1. Round two for David Walliams. Dave, just grey rock.
  2. Will you be free on 21 March? Join Jack in Digging In. Three brilliant food writers.
  3. All those who voted ‘Yes she can, but it will be shite’, give yourselves a little pat on the back. The book seems to be nearing / at completion?
  4. She’s allowed to chat shit about David Walliams because he’s a ‘literal millionaire’ and she’s just a lowly working-class urchin with eight bouncing rent payments.
  5. Look how many garden chairs she has. Is she hosting the next Greenbelt? Peace, pray peace for her. Her chairs are from Aldi. Just let her have nice things, Christ.
  6. She made a lemon drizzle cake. Solid effort. Solid.
  7. In her own words, she was ‘ONCE poor’.
  8. [*]
    Please use the words ‘thread title’ when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Swears are not allowed.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.
    [*]

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 99
Thank you @Pocahontas here we go again with another thread.

I've only been here since Sept/ Oct but it feels longer, probably because nothing has hapened to me in real life for a year.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Honestly, the worst thing (for me) about her compulsive spending and hoarding is that it's impacting her son. She openly admitted that she sold his toys during THE POVERTY [TM] (which can't have fetched much!!) before her presumably unused guitar, and seems never to actually buy him anything, or go on trips with him?
She feeds him the lowest-quality foods, rarely seems to talk to him and has forced him to move schools multiple times. She has more than enough money to send him to a decent school where he can make some permanent friends, get him some toys he can actually keep and take him on little trips out so they aren't cooped up in the RENTED flat all the time. It's so selfish of her to hoard all this useless stuff for herself - especially as most of it only benefits her interests.
If I had her income I'd be spending a bit of it on myself, naturally (mama needs her wine and chocolate 🍷🍷 ), paying bills etc, but I'd also want my kid to benefit from it too. All I've seen from Jack is selfishness.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
Question.

Is the poll from the start of lurkdom or from when we started posting/liking officially?

Question.

Where is July? If the answer to the question above is the second part, then my answer is not available.

Question.

Can you please let me talk about the granola and then I won’t be such a twit/Dwight-eqsue?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Thanks @Pocahontas!

I was lurking in That Man era when she shared Tattle screenshots and popped my head above the parapet to make my first post about the fricking Companies House birth date in April (can I just say I was the first to say it though, so duck OFF x).

I usually only ever lurk on forums but this thread was too good not to contribute to, you mithering bunch of ninnies

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
Got hooked during the first lockdown, fell by the wayside at the end of July when a full time job and her threads were not compatible even with a commute!

Reactions: 33
Sali Hughes' Freaky Friday Instagram rant brought me here in Sept 2019 (anyone who hasn't seen it should seek it out - it's a thing of beauty).

I honestly can't remember how long I've been on the Jack threads and I really didn't know that much about her before here, but well, here we in March 2021,159 threads later.

I'm not sure if this reflects more poorly on me or Jack, to be honest 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Question.

Is the poll from the start of lurkdom or from when we started posting/liking officially?

Question.

Where is July? If the answer to the question above the second part, then my answer is not available.

Question.

Can you please let me talk about the granola and then I won’t be such a twit?
Choose your own adventure!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Sali Hughes' Freaky Friday Instagram rant brought me here in Sept 2019 (anyone who hasn't seen it should seek it out - it's a thing of beauty).

I honestly can't remember how long I've been on the Jack threads and I really didn't know that much about her before here, but well, here we in March 2021,159 threads later.

I'm not sure if this reflects more poorly on me or Jack, to be honest 🤷‍♀️
Came for Sali, stayed for every other idiot influencer too! Jack's rants about Tattle can only really be topped by the tearful and threatening rant from Sali - don't think that will ever be topped!

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Question.

Question.

Where is July? If the answer to the question above the second part, then my answer is not available.

Question.

Can you please let me talk about the granola and then I won’t be such a twit?
Sadly I couldn’t fit in all of the variations and all of the months - it would make it a massive poll. I guess if you lurked since June, then put June 😂
What granola? I don’t know her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Love this poll! Long suffering thread 1 frau here.

With the last poll currently standing at 501, that makes us at least 105 members stronger than our previous highest poll count.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
(Lurked from thread 1, joined February 2020 for the screenshots)

Screenshot_20210303-124557_Twitter.jpg

(It's a vid)

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I'm here because I have no friends. The cats aren't even mine, I just wanted to feel included and I have no redeeming qualities.

I do have a Patreon though...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
It was the kitten incident for me. Sorry can’t do the spoiler thing so I do apologise if I’ve upset anyone by mentioning it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Thanks @Pocahontas!

I was lurking in That Man era when she shared Tattle screenshots and popped my head above the parapet to make my first post about the fricking Companies House birth date in April (can I just say I was the first to say it though, so duck OFF x).

I usually only ever lurk on forums but this thread was too good not to contribute to, you mithering bunch of ninnies
I'm the same, and voted wrong! I was so involved with the whole THAT MAN business I thought I'd posted then, but I just checked and my first posts were actually to do with her nonsensical replies to the @DKL food-related queries.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Very much looking forward to hearing from ChancellorJack. Surely the book deadline has been further extended to assist Rishimate behind the scenes?
I'm jolly pleased the £20 wooden calculator has had another airing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.