Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh, God. That monstrosity. What a bleeping waste of ingredients.

Japanese food isn't 'throw everything from the Ocado order in with any old random tit from the cupboards and boil it for hours so it loses all its colour and texture'. A couple of hours on YouTube would leave her wailing and gnashing her teeth, ouchy or otherwise, at how assorted women in their twenties and thirties can take a handful of ingredients and make food that looks amazing, tastes great and brings them a good income people are interested in.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Im so horrified by the mushrooms that I’m prepared to take one for the cabal and give it a go. Does she boil them whole then fry them whole?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
This morning in the Times the lovely Nadiya is getting up in Jack’s food waste niche... using vegetable peelings and banana skins too 😱
Brave woman, she also has a 'salad bag pesto' , doesn't she know this has been all but trademarked?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I'm not keen on the peeling and skins thing. I know food wastage is a big issue and the skins has all the vitamins( thanks mum) but I just can't do it.

I compost what I can and anything else goes to my neighbour for their rabbits.

I dunno, it just grosses me out.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I'm watching it too!!! Triangulate this, but the lady he was swimming with is my good friend! She said he was absolutely lovely

My friend said Gregg wallace was so funny and told lots of awful jokes to make the swimming ladies feel at ease before filming. He doesn't sound like hard work at all. I imagine mcjackie would make it all about her.....
As a person who very much dislikes Greg Wallace on tv I really like reading this. Always nicer to hear people are lovely off camera than the othr way around.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Jack’s dress sense is very odd. She seems to choose things based on label (viv, Diana jumper), to look quirky (tall Christmas trainers, jazzy traders) or to fit her double denim brand, or to match/ impress her partner (poppins, or matching with Allegra). I don’t think she really stops to think about what she feels confident/ comfortable in. Maybe she doesn’t know. I think she looks nicer when someone else perhaps picks the clothes I reckon someone else picked a lot in second group except for droopy black dress.
97EA0F40-2905-4288-943E-D506C0421DBB.jpeg

113FAD38-23CF-46C3-B9F6-C4AE76DA8F5E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I think she suits the 50s aesthetic, fit-n-flare dress with the hair wrap thing. Sorry, I'm not well today so I'm having trouble expressing myself.

Like the swing dancing look is what I mean. I think it really suits her face and body.

Ah, pin-up is what I'm looking for, ffs.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Spag Bol is all vegan apart from the mince (😉).

Quiche is all vegan apart from the egg.

Cheese and pickle sandwiches are all vegan apart from the cheese.

However, if you put a bit of effort in these items can all be made vegan. She is such a bork.

Sorry @Harrybosch I didn’t read your post before writing ❤
I have never heard the term bork before I am so using that from now on. I am creased up laughing in the opticians at it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.