Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
when I was researching for the receipt of the “minimalist” claim I found this picture of what apparently amounts to less than 20% of her crockery. She says it is all necessary so she can stylise her food photography appropriately.View attachment 394932
This woman has a genuine hoarding problem. I'm sure it's a symptom of mental illness as well, but god... this reminds me of one of those clean-out reality tv shows :(

Reactions: 28
So come on and comment. I despise bullies too-we have a laugh and call Jack out for ripping people off, endless lies, damaging important causes with her narcissistic behaviour & nastiness (pile ons, bullying etc). She is snappy & rude to anyone who doesn’t brown nose her on Twitter too so legitimate concerns can never be raised-perhaps you could ask jack to explain some of her lies & behaviour without victim playing? I suspect a little more honesty & transparency from the off-and fewer mass deletes would have made her threads here far smaller.
Someone has replied to the Squig saying it was probably best not to tag Jack, Squig responded to her first message (there was a typo she misunderstood) but hasn’t responded to the fair comment that she’s tagged Jack in her tweet and made her aware.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I hope this makes sense.... so my brain just wouldn’t let me spend £28 on a door stop. I think it’s because I’ve never had money: okay childhood, student, then single parent for the last 15 years. It’s because I can’t justify it, knowing what £30 could get me, not because I’m good at budgeting (I’m tit).

This leads me to believe that she’s NEVER had a period where she has been poor enough to think that a doorstop is not worth £30. Her childhood, teenage years, adulthood. The more you have, the more you spend and live within your means, but I think your past ‘money life’ influences you. Even now that I have some spare money after bills come out, I would still cling to the ‘Can I justify THAT for THIS?!’ mindset. She just fritters money away... Jackie Von Scattercash.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Do you use a bog standard nail clipper for humans ? One of mine isn’t as light on his feet as he used to be and doesn’t go out to use the tree stump as he once did.
I bought something like this

used hold and stroke her paws whilst she was asleep on my lap, then just nip the ends off

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m laughing at the idea forum gossip comes up in GA - I’ve mentioned before my husband gets spoken about by MITHERING NINNIES on forums and never once have I had a GA tell me that Steve from Gravesend thinks he’s a fat bleep (still) 😂

ETA - the doctor gave a firm and apologetic nod, the results are in from google, you are indeed in need of a hair cut

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I’m laughing at the idea forum gossip comes up in GA - I’ve mentioned before my husband gets spoken about by MITHERING NINNIES on forums and never once have I had a GA tell me that Steve from Gravesend thinks he’s a fat bleep (still) 😂

ETA - the doctor gave a firm and apologetic nod, the results are in from google, you are indeed in need of a hair cut
I know this is so sad but I really love imagining who Eddie the Eagle actually is, like imagine if you were Mrs Rooney just casually chatting about tweet scraping and ltd companies on Tattle

ETA - omg if you are Victoria Beckham I will lose my tit

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Somewhat unrelated, but I just downloaded a ('free') ebook of Cooking on a Bootstrap; barely a page in and I'm already gritting my teeth at the long-grain rice risotto suggestion. Short-grain rice isn't that much more expensive, and long-grain rice just does!! not!! work!! in !! risotto!!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Sadly for Roadside Mum I think the press agency using the photo counts as factual usage (in that it records a political event) and the image was replicated many, many times by other users, so it would probably be allowed under Fair Use policy. Also they tried to contact her and she ignored it, which I understand but she did miss an opportunity to negotiate. And they’ll have proof of that.

It’s weird to me that she would kick off about the agency monetising her “copyrighted“ image but defend Jack who personally got paid for news appearances and columns all over the show for “HER story” (stolen from Roadside Mum). Hilarious that Lawyer Jack is back, though. You flex those rhetoric muscles, babe. Year 9 debating club all over again.

• Haha
Reactions: 69
I hope this makes sense.... so my brain just wouldn’t let me spend £28 on a door stop. I think it’s because I’ve never had money: okay childhood, student, then single parent for the last 15 years. It’s because I can’t justify it, knowing what £30 could get me, not because I’m good at budgeting (I’m tit).

This leads me to believe that she’s NEVER had a period where she has been poor enough to think that a doorstop is not worth £30. Her childhood, teenage years, adulthood. The more you have, the more you spend and live within your means, but I think your past ‘money life’ influences you. Even now that I have some spare money after bills come out, I would still cling to the ‘Can I justify THAT for THIS?!’ mindset. She just fritters money away... Jackie Von Scattercash.
Prrreeeeaaaaaach.

I just washed my perfectly fine white trainers because there was nothing wrong with them, they were just dirty. I'd been looking at new ones online but figured I really didn't need to spend the money. Made me laugh thinking of Jack's multiple pairs of expensive trainers.

THE POVERTY NEVER LEAVES YOU

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I think everyone, whatever their financial situation, knows there is a difference between 'things you can afford' and 'things you think are worth their cost'. People might say they can't afford something when what they really mean is it's not a priority/it's not good value/they could buy something that makes them equally happy more cheaply. But they do have the money. And that's absolutely fine, as long as they a. understand the difference themselves and b. aren't asking other people to pay for the not priority thing.

I'm also sure that tonnes of her stuff has been sent by brands, not as part of a collaboration, but just as a 'please try this and write about it if you like it'. Pretty low key influencers I follow seem to get sent loads so high profile people must be stumbling over stuff. I just wish she would say so and so do they, probably.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Does anyone else think the llama doorstop looks like Jack when she is pretending to be asleep?

They both have that smirk on their face.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Me too! I don't know what it is as I've never been in poverty, nor really poor (lower middle-class, I think, with financial ups and downs through my life as my parents' work changed) - but I always feel awful if I spend more than £20 in one go?? Even spending £7 on a book makes me feel bad, so I often buy them second-hand... Not sure if it's a remnant of childhood insecurity or because of parents drumming into me that I should 'learn the value of money'. I always buy the cheapest stuff and feel guilty for wasting things, plus I rarely go out to events etc. I feel the same way in regards to people spending tons of money on stuff I wouldn't buy; I try not to judge them as it's their money they're spending, but it feels a little uncomfortable, somehow. :confused: With Jack it's definitely the hypocrisy angle - the fact she's using other peoples' money and grifting so she can buy useless tat whilst her son gets ''maize snacks'' or whatever cheapo crap I'd feed myself 😨

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I think everyone, whatever their financial situation, knows there is a difference between 'things you can afford' and 'things you think are worth their cost'. People might say they can't afford something when what they really mean is it's not a priority/it's not good value/they could buy something that makes them equally happy more cheaply. But they do have the money. And that's absolutely fine, as long as they a. understand the difference themselves and b. aren't asking other people to pay for the not priority thing.

I'm also sure that tonnes of her stuff has been sent by brands, not as part of a collaboration, but just as a 'please try this and write about it if you like it'. Pretty low key influencers I follow seem to get sent loads so high profile people must be stumbling over stuff. I just wish she would say so and so do they, probably.
Where do Nike air max trainers fall in your analysis?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I know this is so sad but I really love imagining who Eddie the Eagle actually is, like imagine if you were Mrs Rooney just casually chatting about tweet scraping and ltd companies on Tattle

ETA - omg if you are Victoria Beckham I will lose my tit
Hahahah I assure you it is the yellow stickered Asda value 4% known meat wet ham to Viccy B’s Fortnum’s hog roast, hugely underwhelming x

Anyone else setting up a google alert for Jack now? 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Roadside Mum angrily denied that Jack had used her image and declared that people should contact her and that it was her (Jacks) story, when someone relayed to her what Jack had tweeted.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Hahahah I assure you it is the yellow stickered Asda value 4% wet ham to Viccy B’s Fortnum’s hog roast, hugely underwhelming x

Anyone else setting up a google alert for Jack now? 👀
please never tell me the truth, I love the thought of VB in her palace, typing away on tattle and being like “I know, I’ll tell them I’ve had a baby! That will throw them off!” ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Me too! I don't know what it is as I've never been in poverty, nor really poor (lower middle-class, I think, with financial ups and downs through my life as my parents' work changed) - but I always feel awful if I spend more than £20 in one go?? Even spending £7 on a book makes me feel bad, so I often buy them second-hand... Not sure if it's a remnant of childhood insecurity or because of parents drumming into me that I should 'learn the value of money'. I always buy the cheapest stuff and feel guilty for wasting things, plus I rarely go out to events etc. I feel the same way in regards to people spending tons of money on stuff I wouldn't buy; I try not to judge them as it's their money they're spending, but it feels a little uncomfortable, somehow. :confused: With Jack it's definitely the hypocrisy angle - the fact she's using other peoples' money and grifting so she can buy useless tat whilst her son gets ''maize snacks'' or whatever cheapo crap I'd feed myself 😨
I hate to defend her in any way, but I think it can go both ways. Both through my own experience and at work, a lot of people who get out of poverty will do stuff like impulse buy a Llama doorstop just because they can. Trainers as well is fairly classic, if they were unreachable as a kid while everyone around you had the designer ones the impulse to buy as soon as you can can be really strong. At one stage I had 5 winter coats because as a kid my mum couldn’t even afford one and now I could have them I wanted them. I had to make a real effort to stop impulse buying random tit that like the doorstop just because I could. Obv I wasn’t grifting for money at the time, but I think the impulse is fairly common and I’ve known people end up in serious debt because of it.

I don’t think poverty is Jack’s motivation but I’ve said before I wonder if her parents had strong ideas of what it was worth spending money on, and her impulsivity comes from that. One of the worst people I know for trainers grew up very comfortably but their parents didn’t believe in spending money on labels at all - so now they can buy them, they do.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.