Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Absolutely. A bit of bicarb isn’t going to zap the virus.

As someone who’s had the virus and had to supervise the deep-clean of a workplace, I’ve bloody lived this. PHE insist that cleaning products used meet certain standards of efficacy (BS 14476 if anyone is interested). That’s the anti-viral one.

Mrs Hinch’s beloved Zoflora meets that standard - your house will smell like your granny’s but a wipe down with that will ensure your door handles are virus free. A squirt of lemon juice will not.
Zoflora does come in different 'flavours' not all are grannied, but I have been thankful for it and it’s not hugely expensive, especially when on offer

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I hate to defend her in any way, but I think it can go both ways. Both through my own experience and at work, a lot of people who get out of poverty will do stuff like impulse buy a Llama doorstop just because they can. Trainers as well is fairly classic, if they were unreachable as a kid while everyone around you had the designer ones the impulse to buy as soon as you can can be really strong. At one stage I had 5 winter coats because as a kid my mum couldn’t even afford one and now I could have them I wanted them. I had to make a real effort to stop impulse buying random shit that like the doorstop just because I could. Obv I wasn’t grifting for money at the time, but I think the impulse is fairly common and I’ve known people end up in serious debt because of it.

I don’t think poverty is Jack’s motivation but I’ve said before I wonder if her parents had strong ideas of what it was worth spending money on, and her impulsivity comes from that. One of the worst people I know for trainers grew up very comfortably but their parents didn’t believe in spending money on labels at all - so now they can buy them, they do.
It just seems conflicted. She buys really expensive trainers, crockery and fitness gear which fits with being brought up being told not to spend on labels.

But then there is so much which seems to be bought for buying’s sake (and is much cheaper) and smacks of hoarding.

Surely it would be one or the other? Or maybe the compulsion is always there and the outcome just depends on the financial situation at the time.

To be honest, I don’t care as long as she isn’t taking from those who cannot afford it. In the immediate term I would like to see some resolution on Lindagate.

• Heart

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
Screw the mugs, why aren’t any squiggles asking about the rug!!!

I know the conversation will have moved on massively from ‘the rug’ now but any fellow Geordies 🔺 do you remember at Beamish in the miners cottages they have those rugs? So I’m sure they were made by women in the late 18/early 1900’s as a rug.

God knows why Jack has one though 🙄

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Maybe all those mystery ingredients from the last 6 months will make it into the book?

Wafer-thin chicken and milk carbonara
Rotting chicken livers à la grecque
Cleaning out the freezer fish pie (I used a few hundred pounds' worth of scallops, red mullet and more, but this recipe would work just as well with a tin of tuna and frozen Smart Price prawns)

I hope the boLorneaise makes an appearance!
Cold chip dauphinoise.
Yellow sticker iceberg Caesar salad.

• Haha
  • Sick

moosesauna

Chatty Member
ugh! all of us who collect the fines on free parking know we shouldn't. this isn't Brand New Information.

also, who brags about beating their child at a game?! i mean my dad, the secondary keeper of the to do list, never used to let me win at monopoly, which we played loads. and, while Twitter didn't exist then, he certainly wouldn't have bragged about it!
Gives me flashbacks to that 'Competitive Dad' Fast Show sketch!!

• Haha

Flivver

VIP Member
Zoflora does come in different 'flavours' not all are grannied, but I have been thankful for it and it’s not hugely expensive, especially when on offer
I know - despite my snarky comment, I am a fan too. 🙂

My mum used it years ago - she liked the floral ones but I like the cinnamon/winter whiffs.

• Heart

TurnedUpInTipp

VIP Member
I reckon she got the Linda Mc gig as a pay off for not kicking off over the blue plastic she found in their food.
They'll either keep her recipes up or take them down and have to compensate her in some way (Pay her off)

• Wow
Reactions: 22

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
Has anybody with a cat ever been able to file or buff their nails without having the implement stolen and chewed like a baby mouse?
I would love to know the answer to this, seriously, but also to add has anyone ever been able to file a cats nails without them scratching the shit out of you? I have a miserly old man cat and he barely goes outside so he has very long gnarly claws that get stuck in EVERYTHING. I can't find a way to get near him to try and sort them out myself! He scares me.

Also, if JM partners with SMOL I will be sending a strongly worded email to them in disapppointment. I use their products and find them really good.

• Heart
  • Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
[QUOTE="ReginaPhalangee, post: 3617953, member:

Is she just a bean-rinsing accidental conquerer of fears or is she Elle Woods

Thread title nominate

Edit- I messed up the quote

• Haha