Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm finding these old blog posts fascinating. Let's ignore the fact that Jack seems to think re-heating rice can make you seriously ill but doesn't actively discourage it: you CAN reheat cooked rice. It's not about the re-heating, it's the improper cooling. The longer it's out at room temperature, the more likely the bacteria are to sporulate. The spores can't be destroyed by heat (even if you do incinerate it into oblivion the Bootstrap Cook way) and that's what makes you ill.

Sorry but I thought Rice Reheating TS was marginally less tedious than AS Level Economics Jack. If she has a room dedicated to old post, does she have one dedicated to the tattered ASDA receipts? Must be a fire safety person's worst nightmare in there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
So what is she trying to say? Supermarkets are out to starve people?

I would be interested to see this deep dive into companies involves! :unsure:
Supermarkets want to kill the poor. Also, society is divided into those who buy Basics garlic and those who buy Charlie Bighams pies. There is no crossover between the two groups.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
View attachment 387660View attachment 387661
She’s so desperate for there to be a problem, an angle. Disgusting. Sad and disgusting.
It's actually quite sick that she wants there to be something wrong, so that she can be the one to angrily announce it to her followers, and start on another know-it-all rant. If she finds that all is well, and they've got plans in place - she'll likely be annoyed with that. Sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
I'm finding these old blog posts fascinating. Let's ignore the fact that Jack seems to think re-heating rice can make you seriously ill but doesn't actively discourage it: you CAN reheat cooked rice. It's not about the re-heating, it's the improper cooling. The longer it's out at room temperature, the more likely the bacteria are to sporulate. The spores can't be destroyed by heat (even if you do incinerate it into oblivion the Bootstrap Cook way) and that's what makes you ill.

Sorry but I thought Rice Reheating TS was marginally less tedious than AS Level Economics Jack. If she has a room dedicated to old post, does she have one dedicated to the tattered ASDA receipts? Must be a fire safety person's worst nightmare in there.
I’m not really a rice eater but occasionally order rice dish from Chinese/Indian. I often wondered what the issue was so this is actually useful information for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
235DD755-64F4-4BD5-BE1C-E6711CCB8CF5.jpeg

Well, you’d know re: ready meals. You pass them off as your own on Instagram enough.
*raises hand*

Er, Dine In is now £12, and is still excellent value. And it isn't a ready meal, its 4 different items.

So shut it, Mackie Jonroe.

Honestly, half the mums on Facebook know more about cooking on a budget than her, but they haven't got a load of mates in the 'media' to give them a platform to spout endless shite.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Her mums on FB sharing family job history again. Jack worked at the fire brigade 'since 2008/9'.. since? She isnt still doing that luv!
The whole family have had to go into heavy denial to cope with the horror of raising a slopgibbon. If anyone asks after Jack they say "Old Chief is as pleased as punch with her" then quickly change the subject. It's a terrible situation -like a Christmas decking.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I'm excited to see a 'deep dive' from the person who thought that printing out the Wikipedia article for the welfare state counted as research for her long overdue poverty anthology.
or advised to check out Ruth Bader Ginsberg on wikipedia. the bleeping turnip.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Wow, until Jack told me about rising supermarket prices, I never knew about inflation!

Not.

twit.
I heard their are families without a place to live but there are abandoned houses left to rack and ruin so they COULD
have a house, actually! Follow my blog for more no-longer-Hot takes on things I don’t understand
Feed. my. Child (coz I won’t)

Edit x it’s the autocarrot, I love it 🥕

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
She's going to piss of the teaching staff. duck off.

Also she is sooooooo boring. Petal to be honest my shopping habits have stayed pretty much the same in the last decade and with three additional people in my house hold my costs have only risen by a really small fraction. I don't eat any basic range and I buy fresh and cook from scratch.

I know this isn't viable for everyone but in my own honest opinion it's cheaper than chucking tinned beans Rinsed or otherwise into a Curry.

Call me for char on 0800findsomethingelsetotalkaboutyoutool.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
It's actually quite sick that she wants there to be something wrong, so that she can be the one to angrily announce it to her followers, and start on another know-it-all rant. If she finds that all is well, and they've got plans in place - she'll likely be annoyed with that. Sick.
Last time, it was bloody tit at first - but once it was sorted and people had it explained to them several times, it worked throughout the summer. Now, there will always be people who don't benefit -low literacy, lack of understanding, pride, no knowledge of doing things on a phone, whatever - but the majority of the problems will be ones we've already seen and dealt with in the summer, most families will already know how to use it (and will be wishing it wasn't them, but still doing it) and those who haven't can be guided and helped through.

Thing is, she wanted this, she's trying to claim credit for 'making it happen' in 24/48/72 hours (when we knew it was coming before Christmas whilst she was out spreading Covid in ASDA to pick up three copies of the Christmas Disappointment Feature). And then she's going to crow and witch about why it isn't good enough. She's the social media version of the person you offer a voucher to, who says 'well, I can't afford to go to the supermarket to spend it. Are you going to pay my bus fare?'. 'No, I don't like ordering things online. Pay for my internet'. 'I don't want ingredients, I don't have time or money to be cooking everything'. 'I don't want pre prepared stuff to reheat, who knows whether it's safe? And you need to buy me a microwave'. 'SANDWICHES? HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST WE HAVE SANDWICHES?'. 'I don't like THAT brand'. 'No, I don't want money, I want you to give me WHAT I WANT.' 'HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW WHAT I WANT?'.

Like a bloody toddler.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.