Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please don't tell me I'm the only one who looks at those staged photographs and practically eviscerates my innards through cringe and second-hand embarrassment?
It is a strange feeling.
I want to laugh because it is so pathetic and obviously staged.
But then follows the cringe. Sort of like being deflated, but from the inside. It is how I would imagine going through a black hole would be.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
It is a strange feeling.
I want to laugh because it is so pathetic and obviously staged.
But then follows the cringe. Sort of like being deflated, but from the inside. It is how I would imagine going through a black hole would be.
It genuinely makes me anxious for some reason. I just cannot deal with the embarrassment of her and it starts making me feel sick haha

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Stop trying to make double denim happen. You look like Shakey.

Worryingly, when i typed in 'Shaking Stephens' it came up with gifs of Stephen Hawking.

The above is true but if you laugh you will burn in actual hell.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Thank you! Honestly, since her antics at the start of lockdown, and sheer boredom last summer, I’ve read her Twitter with sheer disbelief. Finding this a few days ago was a revelation! 😂
Did you know that she graced us with her presence last summer? Thread 31!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
@Alansbigplate 🤣 Jimmy with blonde hair, you genius

On the bbc vid she only looked confident and sounded less shaky, in fact was almost smirking was when she was slagging off the government. That’s what she knows, not stats and solutions
Boris is bletheriñg on about closing borders and highest peak of deaths since the pandemic and he didn’t mention feeding kids once. Disingenuous twonk.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Someone earlier said who takes a nap across two chairs.

Is a plank the answer?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Thank you! Honestly, since her antics at the start of lockdown, and sheer boredom last summer, I’ve read her Twitter with sheer disbelief. Finding this a few days ago was a revelation! 😂
Oooh, I love it when someone finds the light!!
Tell us, how the hell did you bite your tongue for a year? Do you get road rage type thoughts when a friend or loved one goes on about how wonderful she is?
And, of course...tell us your origin story, how did you find us?
(also, Wilkommen)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Her tweet about the BBC news "liar" thing has 47 thousand likes.

How many of them have actually seen the video, which shows the massive difference between her version (censored by the BBC for telling it like is) and what really happened (rambling talking head says "disingenuous" in flat tone)? This just makes me lose more faith in humanity.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
Blimey - that ‘exhausted martyr’ selfie. 😬

Have we reached peak twonk?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
We must be due a bio update?
"Cat napper, crap chatter"

She's distracting the Twitter Twatter by getting them to find the cat in the photo. Looks like she's lying on him!
They love the double denim. Do they have no shame?! 😕 (n)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
This is a very good blog from Jack, about a couple who were stopped from continuing as foster carers due to membership of UKIP. I wouldn't expect her to be so reasonable now (which is partly not her fault, extreme, divisive politics and ostracism are the norm nowadays and people are expected to go along with it). She also doesn't centre herself, and only adds personal detail that is actually relevant. There are other good quality early blogs from her in which she just talks about the issue and doesn't centre herself. Notably about gay marriage, in which she doesn't even mention that she's bisexual or lesbian at all.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130202005750/http://agirlcalledjack.com/2012/11/26/foster-carers/

Anyway I added this link because she says they began foster caring in 1994. She was told when she was 5 or 6, so 1993 or early 1994. Taking into account the time it would have taken to arrange for them to become foster carers, that means Little Miss Two-up-two-down grew up in the big house with a spare bedroom (or two) since early 1994 at the very latest. The very oldest she could have been in any two-up-two-down is 5 going on 6.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
That photo is just laying the groundwork for the next grift .
Long Covid, burnout, collapsed with exhaustion blah blah 😕
I’m cynical now about everything she does sadly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.