Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That 'I've fallen and I can't get up' gif has set me off again 😂

I think it's just the sheer ridiculousness of it. I can't be angry about it
The clip on YouTube cracks me up, I sent it to my husband when he fell over on way to work last month 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34
This entry is about Jack's regret at not voting in the 2010 general election, or "recently" (I assume in local elections), and she encourages others to vote. She seems to support Labour, Lib Dems and the Greens. (Oh and that she'd lived in her flat for 5 months. That's a long time for someone who moved 24 times during The Poverty).

https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...ck.com/2012/03/05/voting-why-should-i-bother/

During the arguments with Corbynites, didn't she claim she had always voted Labour? Did she ever say she didn't vote in 2010?
"I’ll tell you why, if this sounds like you leading up to the local election, and especially if you, like I hadn’t, aren’t even registered to vote."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Hello Fraus,
I’m new (been reading for a few days) and delighted I’m not alone in my thinking re JM. My boyfriend describes her as “the epitome of virtue signalling” and when Roadside Mum’s photo was widely shared we watched the horror unfold and, well...here I am. Reading Tattle has taken over my life but...I’m not up to speed on all your rules yet...check a tweet from RM at 12:45 (I’m not sure if I am allowed to post it? Well...JM’s interview was 12:40 I think so I’m curious as to RMs tweet....?

PS Loving the sheer work gone into this and delighted to find you all.

• Heart
Reactions: 109
Hello Fraus,
I’m new (been reading for a few days) and delighted I’m not alone in my thinking re JM. My boyfriend describes her as “the epitome of virtue signalling” and when Roadside Mum’s photo was widely shared we watched the horror unfold and, well...here I am. Reading Tattle has taken over my life but...I’m not up to speed on all your rules yet...check a tweet from RM at 12:45 (I’m not sure if I am allowed to post it? Well...JM’s interview was 12:40 I think so I’m curious as to RMs tweet....?

I think I may have also seen this tweet and yes, you can definitely post it! I don’t think you need to squiggle given that she’s quite a key player in this entire fiasco (and deserves recognition which Jack stole...)

Reactions: 51
Hello Fraus,

Do you mean this?

Screenshot_20210115-171616_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 96
Hello Fraus,

Welcome, it’s so good to meet new members of the cabal. As you can tell, these threads move especially quickly. We’re delighted to have you here too, so pull up a pew.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Welcome, it’s so good to meet new members of the cabal. As you can tell, these threads move especially quickly. We’re delighted to have you here too, so pull up a pew.

Thank you! Honestly, since her antics at the start of lockdown, and sheer boredom last summer, I’ve read her Twitter with sheer disbelief. Finding this a few days ago was a revelation! 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.