Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She does this all the time. A while back she was droning on about people getting their water and energy cut off giving the impression that there's nothing you can do about it when in fact there are quite strict rules about when this can happen and a lot of help available to empower people to challenge it and/or negotiate repayments to avoid it happening. She seldom promotes any advice service and never suggests people get their benefits checked to ensure they're maximising their income (there are millions of pounds in benefits sitting unclaimed). Nor does she promote any of the charitable grants out there than provide one off/short term help for people struggling. It's like she wants people to be poor and frightened, feeling like they have no way out which is both sick and dangerous.
Yes! And that is also one of the reasons why she is not up to scratch to be a proper advisor on something. They need facts and resources to provide and not anecdotal evidence that she too was once poor and therefore not being able to open doors (apart from fish deliveries and other things )
I have got a few friends who were heroin addicts 🔺and who are now sponsors with NA and while they have the background to be able to relate to others, it is the stability they gained over the years plus the resources at hand what helps current addicts to get through and break away from drugs. Anger and anxiety is not what vulnerable people need, it adds to their fears they are currently experiencing.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
this kind of tit needs to be stopped as well

View attachment 384631
Some of you will have been there, others won't but imagine that right now you were poor, really poor. You're struggling with your bills skipping a payment on one so you can get another off your back. There's barely an food in the house, it's a dark and miserable January and you don't know what the hell you're going to do. Then you get given a book full of bleeping recipes that don't work as if your situation is your fault because you don't know how to make tit the Bed stew out of potato peelings, fruit cocktail and POBP. Book burning is an ugly, ugly thing and no matter how ghastly the book you'll never convince me it was the right thing to do. That said there are occasions where my sense of smell lets me down and I can't smell burning paper.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Her main goal seems to be as much self publicity as possible. Appearing on any tv or radio station that will have her, or announcing new hashtags in competition with existing campaigns. Her interview on the BBC was completely wasted. She repeated that children are hungry, and backed it up with nothing! Proper campaigners and activists know how to get things done, and it’s not like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I can't listen to it, no access here 😖
I messed up anyway, I must have been watching on a 10 minute or so delay so that by the time I posted the link, the 1 o'clock news had started and the 10am-1pm show had finished. Don't see the 3 hour news programme as available on iplayer now, dammit.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Can you imagine having no food and someone gives you a bleeping cook book. It gives me the rage they are given away at food banks. They want things like pasta and sauce, quick, hot and filling food.

the thing about the video and TV is she is so utterly without charm. Why do we love Prince of the Forearms (apart from the forearms obvs) because he can pull out the charm and has a twinkle in his eyes. That’s why she won’t ever get a TV series. Bouncing about and grinning manically isn’t nice to watch, she’s either angry or hyper on TV.
And yes her accent is bleeping horrible. I’m from the NE (I speak nicely though 😜) and honestly it’s like nails down a blackboard. I have friends from that part of the country and I do find it unpleasant. She needs to learn to turn it down a bit, lots and lots of people on TV have had to do that, it’s not personal or anti working class, they’re not asking you to sound like you went to private school. Just something more palatable.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Goodness, my sphincters were only just recovering from slamming shut with the sheer cringey embarrassment of being missed off the letter and now there’s more maverick, reporter in the field, Jack! I thought the grown ups were wising up to the fact that she’s a complete liability. I’m sure MR has been warned off her by his management.

How do you actually manage to function? I don't do pre-records apart from the one I did last night. 😝

Twitter Twatter are still in thrall:
“Please take a break. Many people have joined the fight now, and you have earned a rest.” Ouch, I think that’s the problem. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I messed up anyway, I must have been watching on a 10 minute or so delay so that by the time I posted the link, the 1 o'clock news had started and the 10am-1pm show had finished. Don't see the 3 hour news programme as available on iplayer now, dammit.
I'm still busting to know what she actually said v what she said she said on Twitter 🥴

Reactions: 27

Does anyone think of chers speech when she talks.

Also since this whole feed the kids debacle she's not mentioned thunderclap or lockdown larder.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm still busting to know what she actually said v what she said she said on Twitter 🥴
I think the word she used was 'disingenuous'. She probably thinks it means 'liar' as it's a word we use to describe her quite often here. Along with the word 'liar'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.