Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hahaha the squiggles are all asking her to do a self care Saturday and turn her internet off for the weekend πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ They must be new.
To be honest they are right. She's just irritating the cause now. She's been clearly left out of that letter, just go on now and spend time with your kid.

She's just looks mad and desperate now.

Reactions: 32
I would love to know the true story behind Marcus Rashford and why Jack is being sidelined and unacknowledged. For that is what has happened. He has not publicly engaged with her once.
They met at the GQ shoot for the first (and possibly only) time but Jack does love to imply they have worked together for ages behind the scenes. If so it simply makes no sense for him not to have had ANY twitter conversations or even banter at all. Especially as she tags him at every opportunity.
And not being included in the letter? That is not accidental. People even commented 'don't forget Jack' in his comments and he didn't respond.
The saying she is working with him and Tom Kerridge is very odd.
I can't work out if MR just is really quite unaware of her, or is wisely not wanting to get associated with her chaos. He seems very generous with his praise and acknowledging others efforts - so it isn't a matter of wanting to keep glory for himself.

• Heart
Reactions: 86
to borrow a phrase, it's "terrible". mercifully short though. it's just her reading out her "statement" in her monotonous voice
Hmmm, do we think it was inspired by Marcus Rashford's Hunger video for Aldi? She doesn't usually do videos (thankyou Jesus), but if lots of people were sharing that one, maybe she wanted to hop onboard...

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I take offense in het using Gogglebox's name in vain.

(I admit that for years I was snobbish about the idea of watching people watch TV. And then I watched it and loved it πŸ˜‚)
Me too πŸ₯° and saw an Irish one where the families watched old TV shows/news etc - still very good despite not knowing who anyone was/no memories of the show!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She does this all the time. A while back she was droning on about people getting their water and energy cut off giving the impression that there's nothing you can do about it when in fact there are quite strict rules about when this can happen and a lot of help available to empower people to challenge it and/or negotiate repayments to avoid it happening. She seldom promotes any advice service and never suggests people get their benefits checked to ensure they're maximising their income (there are millions of pounds in benefits sitting unclaimed). Nor does she promote any of the charitable grants out there than provide one off/short term help for people struggling. It's like she wants people to be poor and frightened, feeling like they have no way out which is both sick and dangerous.
Why refer people to a Citizens Advice Bureau, or resources with voucher schemes or things like how to apply for the Warm Home Discount etc when you can tell them to use carrot peelings in a nut roast and rinse your baked beans?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Hmmm, do we think it was inspired by Marcus Rashford's Hunger video for Aldi? She doesn't usually do videos (thankyou Jesus), but if lots of people were sharing that one, maybe she wanted to hop onboard...

excellent point there. god, not an original though in her head, is there?

Reactions: 19
I would love to know the true story behind Marcus Rashford and why Jack is being sidelined and unacknowledged. For that is what has happened. He has not publicly engaged with her once.
They met at the GQ shoot for the first (and possibly only) time but Jack does love to imply they have worked together for ages behind the scenes. If so it simply makes no sense for him not to have had ANY twitter conversations or even banter at all. Especially as she tags him at every opportunity.
And not being included in the letter? That is not accidental. People even commented 'don't forget Jack' in his comments and he didn't respond.
I can't work out if MR just is really quite unaware of her, or is wisely not wanting to get associated with her chaos. He seems very generous with his praise and acknowledging others efforts - so it isn't a matter of wanting to keep glory for himself.
I wonder how much control Marcus has of his social accounts or if it's a team? That's no dig at him at all, he's a busy man balancing so much at the moment. If he's got a social person on his accounts or even someone heavily advising him on what to post then ignoring her is 100% a strategic decision lol. If not then I imagine he's just wondering who the hell this 12 year old looking smol activist is. I don't know which one is funnier πŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Also question why hasn't she asked MR why she was included in the letter,? I'm actually surprised she wasnt over that since she's been so involved in it,because if it is indeed the case he was being a bit rude.
She's shouted louder for lesser offences.

Reactions: 23
I wonder how much control Marcus has of his social accounts or if it's a team? That's no dig at him at all, he's a busy man balancing so much at the moment. If he's got a social person on his accounts or even someone heavily advising him on what to post then ignoring her is 100% a strategic decision lol. If not then I imagine he's just wondering who the hell this 12 year old looking smol activist is. I don't know which one is funnier πŸ˜‚
My educated guess would be that he has a social media manager that does the majority of his posts for him that just make it sound like they are coming from him. He, or more likely his management, will just sign off all the content that goes out.

I'm sure he does interact on there occasionally. But definitely not as much as his socials make out as it would be far too time-consuming. But it's important it looks like it's him to keep that approachable, man of the people vibe.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Got to admit, feeling a bit like a hypocritical wanker, for being amazed and disturbed at how much time Jack spends on Twitter, when I’ve been pretty much glued to Tattle for the last 3 days...I mean working on tattle for 20 hours a day. I am praying (Darren verse 12:4) she fucks off today so I can get some tit done.
Darren verse 12:4 has killed me off πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I am absolutely living for screenshots of 2012 Jack blog posts so decided to do some digging on my own (I can't quite remember life before being on part-time furlough, but I definitely didn't have this much time to dedicate to honing my detective skills)

I have managed to excavate an extremely important historical artefact - an ancient scroll from 2012 that one could consider to be origin of the 'and then everybody clapped' meme

View attachment 384354
So in October 2012, a two year old had his own room, and she had the money to frame scribbles on sugar paper for godparents (who left her without lightbulbs). Does anyone recall the date that she sold his dinosaur and his effing shoes and bed?? Or not his shoes and bed, depending on which origin story she’s telling that day.

I’ve had all of mine in with me at various stages, and all bunched in together for years at a time before. We were packed in pretty tightly in flats. It’s a nothing. It wasn’t true poverty, just that time that we really didn’t have any spare cash. If I’d been a single parent with just one child, I would have had them in with me and moved to save the cash.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
She's harmful to the greater cause. Marcus and everyone else want real change to happen, and for that you need measured rationality, not howling and clawing.

I doubt she really has had much involvement beyond gurning at him whilst they rinsed beans together. Even her article she wrote about him was all about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
It’s interesting that she was enraged at the radio this morning, although I was listening to 5 Live rather than Radio 2, I was impressed by the conversation they had. They had various callers discussing the issue, the debate was reasoned and interesting with various experiences discussed.

I also listened to 5 Live last night when council input over the half term vouchers was discussed. Again another reasonable debate and discussion.

To give her some credit, her video last night did take a calmer tone than her ranting nonsense but she doesn’t get the facts and she isn’t balanced. She is enraged about a paywall but the content was produced elsewhere and as a writer surely she appreciates that journalists need to be paid. She doesn’t think of providing any factual content. Her tweet about ’is anyone getting council vouchers’ has a stream of people underneath giving positive experience, instead of a reasoned debate she launches her flying fans to lynch the councils.

This episode has clarified to me that this really is another opportunity for self publicity and not giving people facts but expecting them to DM her so she can β€˜saveβ€˜ them is frankly dangerous.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
First of all-never happened.
Secondly- This is all you've got Jack? Seriously, making sacrifices for your kid and this is all you came up with?
God knows what she would do if she had to do some real sacrificing for her child.
Oh now you've done it. She'll be off on one about how she didn't eat for 28 years during the one year of The Poverty so that her son could have bread and jam mama.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I am absolutely living for screenshots of 2012 Jack blog posts so decided to do some digging on my own (I can't quite remember life before being on part-time furlough, but I definitely didn't have this much time to dedicate to honing my detective skills)

I have managed to excavate an extremely important historical artefact - an ancient scroll from 2012 that one could consider to be origin of the 'and then everybody clapped' meme

View attachment 384354
On a quick grunka but surely if she was such a superhero the β€˜sodding orange piece of sugar paper’ would be put up in the kitchen so sb knew that mummy appreciated his artwork. I still have artwork from my youngest when he was at nursery, he is 25 now, likewise granddaughter made a pic with pasta and paint and it still has pride of place on the fridge, she is now 10.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
He's a professional, so I expect his account to be managd for him to a certain degree, and wisely so. His work and his campaigning require focus and dedication. Social media can be a tool for that, and for profesionals is never a goal in itself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I wonder how long it will be before all the new followers see her for what she is and hit that unfollow button?

Reactions: 34
I doubt she really has had much involvement beyond gurning at him whilst they rinsed beans together. Even her article she wrote about him was all about her.
Yes didn't she 'quietly, gently' tell him her story. At length no doubt. Poor Marcus.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.