Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone wants to immerse themselves Jack’s Ni cultural religious heritage please try a Mars bar and apple sandwich (it’s actually a guilty pleasure of mine) they used to serve them in the 90’s in the dunkin donuts in great victoria street- I think it is a centra now

Apple and mars bar sandwiches! They sound wonderful and horrific in equal measure.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
From the previous thread as I was too slow.

QUOTE="Kezzle, post: 3528777, member: 122981"]
Oh the shade! It has to be a deliberate omission
[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's a deliberate omission. I just don't think she registers with people who actually do the type of work she claims to do.

While she makes a noise on twitter, that actually appears to be all she does. There is no behind the scenes work for anything other than her trying to get work for herself.

Anyone that's of any importance will know who they need to contact and it isn't her.

Jack is now a rent-a-gob when others are too busy with actual work.

2 days ago I thought she had shoehorned herself in to the FSM issue but instead of capitalising on it, she decided to fight on twitter with anyone who questioned her.

As the song goes "you do it to yourself". I'd almost feel sorry for her but then I remember all the nasty tit she's done and then common sense returns.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Reading through the judgement of the case against Katie Hopkins, it's clear that Hopkins not being present to speak at the court affected her case badly, as she wasn't able to explain her words.

The judge was also dismissive of Hopkin's defense saying that Jack was revelling in the prospect of suing her, and Jack's obvious happiness showed that she wasn't upset. The judge just said that people react differently to upset, so Jack's documented glee didn't matter. The judge also decided that Jack wasn't dishonest in saying that she'd received a "torrent" of abuse, despite a complete lack of evidence of this, and her deleting a lot of evidence. He said that "torrent" was a figure of speech, or something. He also dismissed Hopkin's team's assertion that there was no evidence that Jack's reputation was actually harmed.

The judge clearly gave Jack the benefit of the doubt a lot. It's regrettable that she won, even against Hopkins. It sets a dangerous precedent for free speech and has made Jack feel invincible.
I think it has been bad for her overall. That she sued someone as loathsome as Hopkins gave it the fig leaf of striking back against racism and bigotry but it did no such thing and was never about that. For Jack it was an opportunity to have power over someone and I think it's a source of some misery for her that it didn't immediately cause everyone here to cower in terror when she threatened to sue us for laughing at her. Hopkins was in the process of destroying her own career anyway- she'd cost the Mail a fortune, the Sun let her go and a lot of people at LBC weren't happy about her being at the station so she was only one hateful comment off getting booted off air. Even the far right gig she got after being effectively no platformed in the mainstream media didn't work out. Not a single gig that Hopkins lost was influenced in any way by Monroe's action. Not one.

Jack seems to me to be entirely fuelled by a hatred and resentment that's forever looking for a target. All her campaigns have to have a bad guy, the issues are always secondary. All that case - her one big achievement has done is make a flawed human being much, much worse. It would have been better if it hadn't happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Apple and mars bar sandwiches! They sound wonderful and horrific in equal measure.
They sound amazing! My favourite uncle melts chopped up Mars bars in the microwave and pours it on vanilla ice cream. My teeth ache just thinking about it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I think it has been bad for her overall. That she sued someone as loathsome as Hopkins gave it the fig leaf of striking back against racism and bigotry but it did no such thing and was never about that. For Jack it was an opportunity to have power over someone and I think it's a source of some misery for her that it didn't immediately cause everyone here to cower in terror when she threatened to sue us for laughing at her. Hopkins was in the process of destroying her own career anyway- she'd cost the Mail a fortune, the Sun let her go and a lot of people at LBC weren't happy about her being at the station so she was only one hateful comment off getting booted off air. Even the far right gig she got after being effectively no platformed in the mainstream media didn't work out. Not a single gig that Hopkins lost was influenced in any way by Monroe's action. Not one.

Jack seems to me to be entirely fuelled by a hatred and resentment that's forever looking for a target. All her campaigns have to have a bad guy, the issues are always secondary. All that case - her one big achievement has done is make a flawed human being much, much worse. It would have been better if it hadn't happened.
I think she desperately wanted to be the person who made KH come grovelling to her, apologising and throwing herself on her mercy so JM could be the big generous woman who forgave her. Only it didn’t end up like that and KH didn’t even care enough about JM to turn up to court. The realisation that she could win a case and be “right” but still not get what she actually wanted seemed to be pretty tricky for Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Is it me or did her video cut off part way through her saying “feed the children” at “feed”

Yeah she wants to try hosting a big fry up of various fish for the local kids, direct action innit

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Her name's not on it - why would she want to give other people the credit for their work?
Honestly I keep laughing out loud at THAT MAN being on it. I'm kind of hoping some celebrities do one to back it up and Paul Hollywood, David Walliams and Stacey Dooley sign it.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Ooh I see she's acknowledged the thunderclap now!

ETA - she's been working day and night, obvs

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
honestly, are we really surprised she couldn't even see a bleeping hashtag through a second week?

I should have put it on the List last week!

and as much as it's not cool to dunk on squiggles, jack and marcus having a baby?? jack for pm?? these people need to get a grip!
Time for my straw poll results

1610656993378.png

1610657019535.png

I did assume everyone knew I meant how long she would stick to the hashtag and not others, worded it badly

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.