Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jenny2603

VIP Member
Reading through the judgement of the case against Katie Hopkins, it's clear that Hopkins not being present to speak at the court affected her case badly, as she wasn't able to explain her words.

The judge was also dismissive of Hopkin's defense saying that Jack was revelling in the prospect of suing her, and Jack's obvious happiness showed that she wasn't upset. The judge just said that people react differently to upset, so Jack's documented glee didn't matter. The judge also decided that Jack wasn't dishonest in saying that she'd received a "torrent" of abuse, despite a complete lack of evidence of this, and her deleting a lot of evidence. He said that "torrent" was a figure of speech, or something. He also dismissed Hopkin's team's assertion that there was no evidence that Jack's reputation was actually harmed.

The judge clearly gave Jack the benefit of the doubt a lot. It's regrettable that she won, even against Hopkins. It sets a dangerous precedent for free speech and has made Jack feel invincible.
I think it has been bad for her overall. That she sued someone as loathsome as Hopkins gave it the fig leaf of striking back against racism and bigotry but it did no such thing and was never about that. For Jack it was an opportunity to have power over someone and I think it's a source of some misery for her that it didn't immediately cause everyone here to cower in terror when she threatened to sue us for laughing at her. Hopkins was in the process of destroying her own career anyway- she'd cost the Mail a fortune, the Sun let her go and a lot of people at LBC weren't happy about her being at the station so she was only one hateful comment off getting booted off air. Even the far right gig she got after being effectively no platformed in the mainstream media didn't work out. Not a single gig that Hopkins lost was influenced in any way by Monroe's action. Not one.

Jack seems to me to be entirely fuelled by a hatred and resentment that's forever looking for a target. All her campaigns have to have a bad guy, the issues are always secondary. All that case - her one big achievement has done is make a flawed human being much, much worse. It would have been better if it hadn't happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 69

NP

VIP Member
So in the 40 mins between her last tweet and that photo, she was caught napping uncomfortably across a bunch of chairs and woke up to post the photo? Did SB give her a nudge and hand Jack her phone after taking the photo?

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

• Haha
  • Heart

HarderFaster

VIP Member
How magnanimous of her to tweet her thanks to all the plebs for carrying on her selfless work this week, almost an hour late. She was, of course, BUSY on the totally unrelated (citation needed) issue of free school meal boxes, of which she has no experience because she’s fucking minted.

I’m just really pleased that her lip filler looks lumpy as shit in that terrifying video. Nobody deserves dreadful cosmetic work more than someone who’s grifted the money for it while crying poor.

• Haha
  • Heart

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
You get paid over a grand a month by Patreon backers who get the square root of sod all in return. Sit the fuck down.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68

Harrybosch

VIP Member
There's a squiggle under this post who has tweeted links to all the relevant council pages up and down the country. It's hilarious. About 30 of the responses are his.

Screenshot_20210115-065343_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
I'm pissing myself that every time Jack appears on TV, another plant magically springs out of nowhere. If she carries on getting interviews, soon the whole shitty bungalow will be overrun 🥴

day of the triffids.jpg

(My cut out tool gave her a weird gap in her teeth - sorry Jack 😂)

• Haha

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
All the people I know who use "be kind" and "kindness matters" have been slightly dubious twats.

Honestly, if you need to be told...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

SoulRebel

VIP Member
Was life financially hard for your family or were you comfortably off?
I was never aware until I was an adult how financially difficult my childhood had been. Quite often, my parents didn’t eat dinner with us, and it took me being a parent to realise that’s because they didn’t have any.
Oh my fucking life!

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Oh God, same, I feel like I've given up my entire week to watching this shitshow unfold.
Me: I wish she’d fuck off so I can get some shit done today

Also me: still sat in my pjs since 4.30 am, with 3rd coffee, pressing refresh on Tattle to ensure I catch every comment 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I'm still busting to know what she actually said v what she said she said on Twitter 🥴
I think the word she used was 'disingenuous'. She probably thinks it means 'liar' as it's a word we use to describe her quite often here. Along with the word 'liar'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

colouredlines

VIP Member
20210115_162907.jpg

There are public figures I admire, but I can't imagine ever blindly protecting them from any and all assumed criticism. Her squiggles need to develop some critical thinking skills, fast.

• Wow
  • Haha
this kind of shit needs to be stopped as well

View attachment 384631

It's a great way of saying 'I'm been lumbered with 50 books that nobody wants to buy and I need to make space in the storeroom for the latest JO/HF-W/Nigella/Ruby Tandoh/Matt with the Arms/Cooking during Covid books that WILL sell. Will somebody PLEASE take these off my hands for me? Oh, and don't forget my bookshop, orders for things you actually want are on this link...' Makes him look good, gets some positive advertising, a few more potential orders for other cook's books AND he gets that corner of the storeroom free for somebody else's books to go in their place.

And then the oblivious knob chips in with another fifty of the bastarding things to get rid of. He should have just quietly, gently, painstakingly and forensically chucked them in the bins out the back.

• Haha
  • Heart

lalalanded

VIP Member
Nothing is sadder than seeing people you really like and respect being hoodwinked by this fraud.

• Heart
  • Sad