Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh, that’s a shame cos the pass mark was 4.

Reactions: 28
Literally surprised she didn't suggest sacking the govt and giving all the money from their salaries and expenses to the poor

Reactions: 26
1) not fully caught up yet, but one of JM's many fans has complained to the Guardian's letters page about her not being given credit. Flying monkeys indeed.
Her dingbat defenders will only contribute to her demise, especially when they're denigrating the work of someone like Rashford.

Reactions: 32
Her fans are absolute cranks.

Reactions: 39
I think @holliebollie has called it up thread and there has been a lot of breadcrumbing of the forever house being just around the corner.

It reminds me a lot of the £20 shops in the way Jack underpins the Tory bootstrapping ethos, that even if you have 'nothing', to the point where you are shaking that tip jar/begging bowl, you can still buy a house and live happily ever after if you just try a little bit harder.

If she had any comprehension of how poverty actually works, she'd know that many of us with mortgages partly or fully paid off live in complete fear of the roof being damaged in a storm, the washing machine going on fire while we're out, losing work through becoming disabled or living with a condition that takes years to refer, investigate, diagnose and treat, giving up work to care for an elderly relative, or having to leave your job because they've changed your hours (oh wait a minute...), because all of those things can take away the financial security that you think you have in your forever home, in an instant. Costs associated with home ownership don't magically evaporate once you've planted your stupid flower in the garden.

Reactions: 80
Its as if she thinks she's Geldof shouting "just give us the fucking money"

Reactions: 48
If any Tory MPs are reading here can I appeal to you to respond as follows under Jacks Boris is a liar tweet as follows "Yeah well at least Boris knows the difference between a glove and a pigeon". It won't make me like your politics or vote for you but I will refer to it and say "fair play- that was pretty funny".

Last edited:
Reactions: 56
Lol, I don't think bojo cares if he's called a liar, he's been called alot worse by more important people, I don't think he will be putting thot shots of himself in is old stretched y fronts later for likes. Then again perhaps he will.

She's completely and utterly lost all sight of what the cause is. This is just her putting her middle finger up to the pm and his minions.

There is and has been so many better ways to address this and she's has been part of none of it. She's not helped, she's just creating chaos.

Reactions: 33
News desks scrabbling to be the first to break "cookbook author says Boris Johnson is being disingenuous on live TV"

Reactions: 42
Lol, I don't think bojo cares if he's called a liar, he's been called alot worse by more important people, I don't think he will be putting thot shots of himself in is old stretched y fronts later for likes. Then again perhaps he will.
This image may never leave me.

Reactions: 34
"Jack Monroe worked tirelessly to gather written and photographic evidence and get permission to use the photographs"

Worked tirelessly? She put out a tweet and people sent her pictures, unverified and unsubstantiated. Where is this tireless work they speak of? It took all of a minute to send the tweet, and what has she "tirelessly" done with those photographs? Retweeted them.

Reactions: 70
I'm from London () and call my mum 'mama', though I didn't start until I was about 8 or so. I started because that's what she calls her mum and I thought it sounded nice. As a younger child, she was 'mummy'. My dad is 'Papa', which is what he always called himself.

She probably just stole it from Allegra because she liked the sound of it, as she does with every part of her life.

Reactions: 26
No business what happened to the tenner guesthouse. I was looking forward to visiting after pandemic.
If this is one of her lies! I was looking forward to treating myself and staying 3 and a half days. I only pay myself the living wage you see the rest I buy fur coats and fake degrees

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.