Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I screenshot the article and feel a bit dirty.

View attachment 384801

View attachment 384802
Articles like this will thankfully kill any possible work with MR dead. As others have rightly pointed out he’s got to keep squeaky clean and non party political to get the job done, he’ll have a team working on this stuff too (likely friends and family from the impression he gives with buying them property / putting his mum at the forefront of the work he does?) who won’t risk everything for someone like Jack.

She’s truly a disgrace, the panic inducing carry on over the last few days has been too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
It's going to be interesting to see whether this is the start of her being denied the oxygen to take over part in the campaign. Personally, I suspect that the awful racist tweet using African American Vernacular English was the thing that started it (would have reminded people about the false claim that Hellmanns threatened her if she said anything to support BLM), then trying to steal Roadside Mum's image and story for commissions and, having shrieked, howled and slandered/libelled the people with the actual power to do something about the situation (and reminded the boss that she was the prick that said horrible things about his mate in the immediate aftermath of the death of their son), she then sealed the deal by trying to appear to be a Labour fan again.

But, IMO, it was mostly the inherent assumption of privilege to have her voice heard (and paid for) over and above other far more marginalised groups.

• Heart

jenny2603

VIP Member
I would love to know the true story behind Marcus Rashford and why Jack is being sidelined and unacknowledged. For that is what has happened. He has not publicly engaged with her once.
They met at the GQ shoot for the first (and possibly only) time but Jack does love to imply they have worked together for ages behind the scenes. If so it simply makes no sense for him not to have had ANY twitter conversations or even banter at all. Especially as she tags him at every opportunity.
And not being included in the letter? That is not accidental. People even commented 'don't forget Jack' in his comments and he didn't respond.
The saying she is working with him and Tom Kerridge is very odd.
I can't work out if MR just is really quite unaware of her, or is wisely not wanting to get associated with her chaos. He seems very generous with his praise and acknowledging others efforts - so it isn't a matter of wanting to keep glory for himself.
There was a recent article about Marcus Rashford working with Roc Nation who seem to know what they're doing. I imagine they'll carefully screen who he and the campaign are associated with. Accepting an award from someone isn't much of an issue but to work with someone you'd want them to have a good track record and useful contacts. Jack has none of those things, if she'd put the work in and behaved like an adult over the last seven years she would have and would be very likely be working on his campaign. Sadly for her she's blown it and I think 2020 was the point of no return. After her screaming tantrum about THAT MAN she needed to be brilliant on DKL, she wasn't even mediocre. Her campaigning work is shrieking on Twitter which anyone can do. There are plenty people who'd love to discredit Marcus and his campaign, bringing a liability like Jack on board risks making the whole thing a laughing stock and undoing the good work he and his team have done to date. His campaign isn't about him and I bet if he'd been told from the beginning that he could achieve all he has without making it public he'd have done so.

• Heart

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I would be delighted to sponsor that Patreon and rest assured I would never chase up my prints because I know @Alansbigplate is both BUSY and considerate of the terrible stress the Post Office is put under by entitled wankers expecting them to deliver letters and parcels.
PLEASE don’t tag me directly BE KIND I was feeding children like Jesus would have wanted with potato smiles and fish fingers and beans

• Haha
  • Heart

KingBabar

Well well well, look what we have here:

https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...-whistlestop-tour-of-how-to-fk-up-everything/

In the above link from May 2012, Jack mentions the following:
  • She talks about being in the public eye, meeting Ed Miliband and the difference her blog is making. She talks of being stopped in in the street by complimentary and supportive strangers.
  • She mentions leaving the fire service in November 2011. I assume she had 9 months maternity leave; does anyone know when her son was born?
  • In the spring of 2012, she had at least two jobs: one in a pub for about a month, which she left because the hours she needed to work would have affected her working tax credit and housing benefit;
  • And one in a coffee/art place for 12 days, before she was sacked from the job trial, for reasons unknown. She agonises over what these reasons might be, including her social awkwardness.
  • She mentions she's trying to live on £1 a day.
  • The job hunt continues.
  • Most importantly, she says this: "I won’t stop until I am in a stable job that fits around my son, to prove to myself and every other single mother out there that it is worth it. Our Government says that being in work pays. You only have to flick back a few posts or to any highlighed in red to see the hell that I have put myself through in order to attempt to believe that tired old phrase. I could stay off work, claim my Housing Benefit, Child Support, Child Tax Credit, Income Support and Council Tax Benefit but I’m not going to. My small boy, aged only two, knows ‘Mummy work’ and knows he goes to ‘Sammys house’ because ‘Mummy work.’ Mummy work. Mummy will work, son. Mummy will set you a good example and Mummy will bring home the bacon, and Mummy will not stop documenting her hell-in-a-handcart journey until she can pay all of her bills, including accumulated debts since November, and prove that there is an end in sight. If I stop here, I have been beaten by a system. I dislike being beaten by anything, but especially dislike being beaten by a system."

So she purposefully held off on going on benefits, out of pride. Reason #83 why her "poverty" was a choice.
Also, I'm pretty sure that at some point in 2012 she got a steady job writing for a local paper. So The Poverty was less than a year, with some periods of employment.
I originally came across her on Facebook around the time she had given up her job/ was looking for work. IIRC she was trying to earn money by sewing/ crafting and umpteen people told her to just go on benefits for the sake of her son as it would be much less complicated in terms of claiming. She wouldn't listen and I remember the 'Mummy work' scenario. Of course that Facebook account disappeared!

• Wow
Reactions: 58

Whaa?

VIP Member
She's added the hashtag EndChildPoverty to her video, and removed her slogan FeedThe Children from the body of it. She was clearly not on board with the strategy planned and instead was launching her own hashtag which she hoped would then go viral and she could then claim to be the founder of.

Just say that you lend your support to the current campaign. Ask them (behind the scenes) if there is anything you can do. The tweet that you have been in contact with all the key campaigners, and the bollocks about your haters wanting to divide and conquer does not help the cause you are trying to promote.

• Haha
  • Heart

I’MBUSY!

Chatty Member
I am absolutely living for screenshots of 2012 Jack blog posts so decided to do some digging on my own (I can't quite remember life before being on part-time furlough, but I definitely didn't have this much time to dedicate to honing my detective skills)

I have managed to excavate an extremely important historical artefact - an ancient scroll from 2012 that one could consider to be origin of the 'and then everybody clapped' meme

View attachment 384354
That's hilarious!!!

I would like to know how if a two year old SB said Mummy, why a ten year old SB says Mama.

• Haha

sioc

My grunka of thread 31 is complete. Started off funny, ended up a bit sad. She's really very desperate for approval.

Like just stop searching yourself? She gets so much actual positive attention from squiggles but she has to namesearch and constantly deflect and defend herself because she can't bear being criticised.

• Heart

Harrybosch

VIP Member
Think she also admitted to using some of it for a holiday, despite also saying she gave it all to charity.
This is another bugbear of mine with her. I actually don't agree that she should donate her writing fees for articles to various charities. Writing is a job and you should get paid for it and other people aren't expected to donate their earnings to charities. (She also shouldn't muscle her way in to write about 'her story' when it clearly isn't her story, i.e. Roadside Mum).

It's just that she always makes these grandiose statement 'I'll donate any money from the court case/this article/this YouTube video to XYZ and then of course she never follows through or is at the very least non-transparent about what happens. Just think things through and be honest.

• Heart

KebabGirl

VIP Member
Finally caught up! I picked the wrong week to have to do appraisal stuff at work. Luckily my own was very quick, I put I'M BUSY, are not familiar with my work?

I was 37 when I first bought a house. So she's well ahead of me and I've had a "proper" job for 20+ years. By that I mean I have to turn up every day, work a set number of hours and finish tasks set for me. There is a benefit because every fucking month I get paid. Then I immediately pay rent / mortgage. Imagine that Jack!

Really bored of activist Jack. All she's doing is disagreeing with things - she's not campaigning and suggesting solutions other than what someone else has said. I almost think if Bozza said free food for everyone forever she'd disagree for the sake of it...

Anyway back to work, we corporate whores have to make it look like we're worth our money!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57