Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly find it genuinely sad that she can’t ever say what she really, instinctively thinks.
I wonder if she really knows? People can get lost over time, when they've spent so long shifting their personality, image and opinions to match those they want to appeal to. Especially if someone has pretty much always done it, is their own identity even there anymore?
(Now have images of one of those corny "leaving to find myself" films 😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I guess thunderclap and veganuary are distant memories now 🥰
ETA: I was going to add covid to the distant memory list but that keeps making a convenient reappearance every time the heat is on her

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Sorry to be a broken record but after the last few days just mulling on why narcissists act the way they do and I can’t help but think of Hillary Baldwin again. The grift, if that’s what you want to call it, is less than ten years. It can’t be sustained in these days. HB is protected by her powerful husband (her wifey shtick is also annoying), but Jack has no buffer now, you can see why she’s spiralling.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
But but-the Hellman’s 5 figure sum, the DKL, this morning, articles...
Wtf is she spending it all on then?

388248-d6832e3aba829953653fe128c2ca99a1.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
thats one of the more authentic posts from her. And I believe it as it is clear that her mum is from a unionist background from NI...quite possibly her parents may have met if he was stationed over here. I think she should own it and the reality that corbyn makes her uncomfortable because of his views on Northern Ireland (I don’t want to derail this as we are all coming from different viewpoints on what corbyn’s views are/aren’t on this)
However I think that coming from a similar background in NI (without any Mediterranean arse genes) I think this is probably more of what she actually believes.

I think now she is just latching on to whatever seems to be the “right side” and not what she actually believes.
Yes, I think she's quite strongly unionist and small c conservative. To me the way she talks up her tattoos, single mother status, sexual orientation and daft chaotic behaviour show how conservative she really is. Yes there are bigots and arseholes out there but she acts as if the average person is looking at her in horror "Tattoos on a LADY!", "a child OUT OF WEDLOCK!" "she goes with women- I've never heard the like". Tattoos haven't been remotely shocking for decades and I think it's only a minority of children that are born to married parents. As someone old enough to remember the 80s, things are far from perfect but they're better than they were. The fact is most people won't find those things even remotely daring. FFS Her nemesis David Cameron has a tattooed wife. She's quite obviously not at all comfortable with who she is- maybe that has it's roots in attitudes within the family. Politically speaking I don't think she really believes in much beyond her inherited viewpoints, it's more fashionable to be on the left so that's where she sits her problem is picking the most acceptable section of the left to sit with.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
388251-cf9753e1590d4bbd64a061ca04f5909b.jpg
388252-51561ed4fa36e6e723b4b57b83b9623f.jpg

It’s getting more elaborate every time! Best go live on the sleeper, babe. Maybe don’t do a sweetie run on the way.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 95
Just because your rent has bounced doesnt make you poor like it does for a lot of people, in your specific situation jack it most likely means you are absolutely shite at managing money babe x

Once again she’s doing the implying poverty thing by being very careful about how she words things, she knows fine well people are looking at her, probably more than ever and that means donations from poor suckers who genuinely think she’s one of them.

View attachment 388282View attachment 388283
It’s getting more elaborate every time! Best go live on the sleeper, babe. Maybe don’t do a sweetie run on the way.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Who could have predicted the ailments coming out? Can she not for once just answer the point without making it all about her being a victim?
ETA sorry silver-you beat me to it!
388257-1ceaf2f582bff6294f0cfee694a63bef.png

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Sorry to be a broken record but after the last few days just mulling on why narcissists act the way they do and I can’t help but think of Hillary Baldwin again. The grift, if that’s what you want to call it, is less than ten years. It can’t be sustained in these days. HB is protected by her powerful husband (her wifey shtick is also annoying), but Jack has no buffer now, you can see why she’s spiralling.
I find the Hilaria stuff fascinating too. With social media such a huge thing now I find it so strange that these people don’t realise anyone can expose them any time. I wonder what power narcs have over their closest family/friends that means they don’t expose them?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.