Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading through her old blog, her command of the English seemed to be a lot better back then. It may still have been self-obsessed claptrap, but she seemed more grounded and her writing was at least coherent.
Yes, there has been a significant decline in her writing. In the old articles it was fairly generic light girl about town pish. Now it's a woeful mish mash of sub- Nigella food humping and poverty howling.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
It’s so good to see that the age of the influencer could be coming to an end. Jack will be teflon for a while longer but it can’t last forever. Outside of here and twitter nobody really knows who she is. Hillary Baldwin is now referrred to as Hillary ‘Hilaria’ Baldwin in the press and everything she says is prefaced with her scandal. One day we’ll see the same of Jack Monroe.

ETA - narcissism is honestly fascinating.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
The Southend echo prints any old shite. I should know. Shot off a letter to them as I was enraged at someone on the letters page. They printed my letter. With my address. 😬
Did Jack come round to your house and kick you in the shins as revenge or did she just quietly tell you she now knew where you lived and show you her knife?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
It’s so good to see that the age of the influencer could be coming to an end. Jack will be teflon for a while longer but it can’t last forever. Outside of here and twitter nobody really knows who she is. Hillary Baldwin is now referrred to as Hillary ‘Hilaria’ Baldwin in the press and everything she says is prefaced with her scandal. One day we’ll see the same of Jack Monroe.

ETA - narcissism is honestly fascinating.
I disagree, influencing enables ordinary people to become celebs, and distributes advertising revenue from big media companies down to lucky average joes. I hope it doesn’t end, it is basically an advertising and entertainment industry and hasn’t been affected too much by lockdown.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Coming from a family where my father was a Gunner in the Falklands, and a brother currently serving in the RAF on several tours of Afghanistan, those servicemen are my family. Had things been a little different, I would have been standing shoulder to shoulder with my brother in the Royal Air Force, but Small Boy put paid to that, so instead I buy my poppy every year and visit the Cenotaph to pray for him when he is at war.

"Then I had you, darling, and you dashed all my career plans!" FFS
thats one of the more authentic posts from her. And I believe it as it is clear that her mum is from a unionist background from NI...quite possibly her parents may have met if he was stationed over here. I think she should own it and the reality that corbyn makes her uncomfortable because of his views on Northern Ireland (I don’t want to derail this as we are all coming from different viewpoints on what corbyn’s views are/aren’t on this)
However I think that coming from a similar background in NI (without any Mediterranean arse genes) I think this is probably more of what she actually believes.

I think now she is just latching on to whatever seems to be the “right side” and not what she actually believes.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I disagree, influencing enables ordinary people to become celebs, and distributes advertising revenue from big media companies down to lucky average joes. I hope it doesn’t end, it is basically an advertising and entertainment industry and hasn’t been affected too much by lockdown.
It’s cool to disagree. ✌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm going to hold my hands up and admit I had no bleeping clue what mendacious meant and I've finally given in and googled it.

Please sign up to my patreon and start filling my tip jar so I can sort my life out and learn big words to further my twitter career
(No mendacious comments please)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
thats one of the more authentic posts from her. And I believe it as it is clear that her mum is from a unionist background from NI...quite possibly her parents may have met if he was stationed over here. I think she should own it and the reality that corbyn makes her uncomfortable because of his views on Northern Ireland (I don’t want to derail this as we are all coming from different viewpoints on what corbyn’s views are/aren’t on this)
However I think that coming from a similar background in NI (without any Mediterranean arse genes) I think this is probably more of what she actually believes.

I think now she is just latching on to whatever seems to be the “right side” and not what she actually believes.
I honestly find it genuinely sad that she can’t ever say what she really, instinctively thinks.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

I agree. I find it interesting that for all her flailing about the place and sticking her nose into issues that don't affect her (Benedict Cumberscotch, anyone?), she is astute enough to never give opinions on NI. Even she can recognise that's one can of worms too far...

But yeah. She loves poppies, loves the royal family, etc etc, so her Lefter Than Thou posturing reads very false.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.