Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But why does she want to sue everyone.
I used to work with the very well to do in a country known to be highly litigious and they were all suing each other like the rest of us eschew slop, I couldn't keep up. Seriously, it was the one thing they were all into aside from hunting that I could not wrap my head around. So maybe aspirational litigation exists and it's that?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Side note: in that article about her being 'transgender', she says she came out as gay at the age of 15, but then, from the sounds of that blog post, has been pretty much exclusively dating men? I get that she might not have wanted to be out to the entire world, but it does seem a bit odd. Usually (at least in my experience) don't people come out after they've dated a member of the opposite sex (if at all?) ?

I used to work with the very well to do in a country known to be highly litigious and they were all suing each other like the rest of us eschew slop, I couldn't keep up. Seriously, it was the one thing they were all into aside from hunting that I could not wrap my head around. So maybe aspirational litigation exists and it's that?
I suppose it's a status symbol, as legal costs are pretty damn expensive (plus you can compete over whose lawyer is more forensic, more expensive, more qualified, sexier etc?)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Finished work at half 8 and have just gruntled the last 40 pages in shock. What is actually happening? Someone posted the new moon earlier...., her whole Twitter is a moon phase..... we are coming into the waxing crescent next!!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Just caught up. The problem with following the Jack threads on here is that I start with lots of questions about food hygiene and by the time I have caught up, she’s all about Corbyn. Slow down Jack please 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Meeennnnnnnndaaaaacioooouusssss

ETA: Abel and Cole supply fruit and veg subscription boxes to well off middle class people 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Dear Jack,

Please just stop now. This is painful to watch and I have a feeling it is going to end badly. Those overnight tweets were truly awful.

Telling people to just be nice to you because of your rejection sensitive dysphoria doesn't cut it. It is not the way things work. If you put yourself into the public eye and take on subjects like politics then people are going to call you out on your beliefs, just look at the abuse Jeremy Corbyn got. Any campaigner on the left or right of the political spectrum is going to have their ideas and arguments ripped to shreds and mocked by others.

If you instigate pile ons of people (The Reece Mogg woman, Edwina Currie, David Walliams) then you cannot expect people to just be nice. Any one of those people could have their own mental health struggles behind the scenes.

If you tell everyone you are living in poverty and need to feed three people on £20 a week then people are going to notice the inconsistencies.

If you post publicly that you feed your own kid cheap white bread, spready cheese and carrot sandwiches with a packet of cheap maize snacks then you sound like a hypocrite.

You've already talked about the crisis team earlier this year, they deal with people who are either actively suicidal or psychotic. You need to step away from Twitter for the sake of your fragile mental health. If being criticised is so painful it sends you on a downward spiral then you need to take yourself out of that world.

Respond to the criticisms with some dignity or ignore altogether. Getting defensive and snarky is not a professional look. If you want to be taken seriously then you can't behave like that.
I wish o could love this 20000 times. Well said.

Reactions: 29
Reading through her old blog, her command of the English language seemed to be a lot better back then. It may still have been self-obsessed claptrap, but she seemed more grounded and her writing was at least coherent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29
Been grunking all night because today was something else. I had to mute her on Twitter in the end cos she kept getting retweeted into my timeline and it was raising my blood pressure.

On another note, my granddad was Greek Cypriot (he’s DEAD!) from the occupied side. Ended up as a barber (cliche) then traffic warden though, not slum landlord Can’t bear that’s she’s also of GC heritage.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Meeennnnnnnndaaaaacioooouusssss

ETA: Abel and Cole supply fruit and veg subscription boxes to well off middle class people 👍
Though we should add that Jack's was a gift from Puddle Mate for she is a scrappy little working class urchin.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The Southend echo prints any old shite. I should know. Shot off a letter to them as I was enraged at someone on the letters page. They printed my letter. With my address. 😬

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
Matt tebbutt’s pretending he’s at the Groucho on his insta stories wonder if he’s imagining Jack’s there singing along to the piano or telling Jude to sit the duck down so she can see Redcar

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

Coming from a family where my father was a Gunner in the Falklands, and a brother currently serving in the RAF on several tours of Afghanistan, those servicemen are my family. Had things been a little different, I would have been standing shoulder to shoulder with my brother in the Royal Air Force, but Small Boy put paid to that, so instead I buy my poppy every year and visit the Cenotaph to pray for him when he is at war.

"Then I had you, darling, and you dashed all my career plans!" FFS

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.