Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MancBee

VIP Member
She needs to learn how to speak to people. She’s rude as fuck, has the attention span of a goldfish and at times downright offensive
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, it is something Jack doesn't like to mention, but she has been diagnosed as having ADHD and autism. It might come as a shock, as she never talks about it or use it as an excuse for bad behaviour or poor attitude. Perhaps cut her some slack, eh?

Nah, I'm with you, she's rude and offensive.

• Haha
Reactions: 84

colouredlines

VIP Member
She has categorically NOT "lived this". She is a middle class person whose brief stint on benefits ended when her son was a toddler.

The last thing she wrote for the national press was an article bigging up the queen. Voice of the downtrodden!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
RoadsideMum seems to be doing a good job handling this publicity and isn’t mentioning Jack at all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
@heretoreaditall2019 sorry that happened to you.
Agree though, think we took the right action as no unnecessary attention was needed, I managed to edit, just, but forgot to say why I edited.

On topic, in short -

Jack Monroe is not poor any more. She does not represent the current poor or working class.
Jack Monroe has 350+ patreons paying her monthly as well as PayPal donations, 4 book deals in two years work circa 28k each plus royalties, and brand sponsorship from Del Monte and a Hellman’s collaboration as well as presenting Daily Kitchen live.
Her company was late to file accounts last year with Companies House
Last week she tweeted Rishi Sunday with a crying picture asking why she is #excludeduk for SEISS
She said she had covid on Christmas Day but went out and about looking at chip shops on Boxing Day and bought take away despite still having covid symptoms. A few days later she met relatives in a supermarket for a chat.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 81

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Thank you @Pixieboots for popping my title cherry, can I now call myself a FOUNDER? Feels like I've finally made it TBH. I also want to slowly, gently, restfully give a mention to @Terrible for the hilarious "SloppyJackieGoesBallisticHerLiesAreAtrocious" and @Fruitjack for the incredible and apt "Practically vegan in every way." Now fuck off!

I wonder what fresh hell awaits us today? The past 24 hours have reminded me that anything is possible on Planet Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81

Emmapism

VIP Member
But it's soo easy for her to convince herself that the reasons she names are the ones that stop her attaining the celebrity she so craves - rather than accepting the truth, which is that she's talentless, egocentric and abrasive. In other words, fucking impossible to work with. Case in point, and this is only info picked up in the news as am personally not based in the uk, but haven't they just employed a lady with a thick and broad brummie accent to be a *main breakfast tv host* over on ITV? Who knows, she may even have tattoos...

And regarding Roadside Mum: she's doing it, right before our very eyes - she's manipulating the narrative in her favour by attempting to give the impression they're all chummy when it's clear as day that the messages she's sending, after she had already ripped her off, are nothing more than an after thought. In her narc, manic little mind she's knows that she's been busted but if she just pretends to be mates with the woman then maybe it will all go away...
Also agaaaaaain I hate to burst your bubble Jack (not really you shit bag) but I also have tattoos and have a slight cockney accent. Being raised by an actual working class family and everything 😬

Didn't stop me from carving out a TV career. Nobody cares! What's next on the excuse list? This is fun!

• Heart
Reactions: 80

Puddy Muddle

@Cactus said:
“First we feed the people “
Who’s we? She sees herself as some kind of Messiah. Tit
I know it's been 84 years since Jack's Poppins phase, but ...

Feed the Herd/Tuppence a Bag

@Lanie said:
All jokes aside I do feel a smidge bad for her. I mean imagine, a topic comes up she tweets about, some other blue ticks get involved and get more interest than her despite her saying pick me to front it.

After all this time she still has to work as hard as she claims to be noticed. I mean all the others did was tweet it she'd had to to the whole shebang.

I feel sorry for her. There I've said it.
I hear this, and her frustration is definitely on full display. But that's part of the problem, I think. Less manic flitting hither and yon in a bid for attention! any kind! & dopamine! for any reason! and more knuckled-down focus on steadily, gently etc etc making a name for herself in *one specific area of focus*, and things could be quite different.

Also, to a certain extent, it's just the way things are - some voices get elevated, while others, even excellent ones, can remain on the fringe. There are just so many factors beyond our control. I say 'our' because I'm drawing analogies with my own situation - as a writer, an excellent one, I think. I do quietly well, but have to work super hard for traction in any public sense and despite being in the industry for some 15 years [🔺], if I don't keep producing quality work - a book each year or so - and doing the hard, hard promotional yards, which is totally antithetical to my introverted personality, and being pleasant and prompt and professional at all times, which is totally antithetical to my natural impulse towards procrastination and chaos (which has a lot more in common with what I see in our Jack than I really care to admit) ... if I don't keep doing all these difficult, necessary things, what profile and career I have would disappear very quickly.

Meanwhile, new voices burst onto the scene all the time and make a huge, immediate splash, for all kinds of reasons - maybe they brought an existing platform from another field; maybe they've harnessed the zeitgeist in some ineffable way; maybe they have connections I don't. Despite this wall of text I've just blurted, I can't and don't waste any mental energy thinking about that, or cosplaying for attention. I just crack on with the work because that's why I'm here and I'm dead lucky I get to do this in the first place.

[Also I have to work really hard on writing shorter sentences with fewer clauses but hey. One thing at a time, right?]

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 79

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Squeezing two plastic dinos while she goes on the radio to speak with the growed ups. Fuck sake 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
The fact she has these blue tickers (Ayesha and that ST writer) up her arse about how she should represent the poorsTM shows there’s a very clear media bias against actual poor & working class people. It’s okay for their stories to be filtered through the acceptable middle class / “bootstrapped” her way out of poor Jack Monroe, it’s not okay to talk to people currently in that situation / who will likely be in that situation for a very long time. Their stories don’t get told because it’s uncomfortable and unpalatable and guilt wrenching. Jack doesn’t get commissioned cos the quality of her work doesn’t match her rates so outside of any political agenda (eg the Express flaunting their good poor) she won’t get booked. That’s that.

Choosing to speak like this only once & directed to a black man is utterly disgusting & embarrassing. Hopefully people from his camp are aware and that safeguards him from any future contact with the beast.

___839-31b07c48557bbc2fca8d29696d069478.jpg

Thick Essex accent? I’m sorry you sound like Alan Partridge but I don’t think that’s why you’re not getting booked. Again she’s got such a narrow world view - tbh I’d say anyone southern has a huge comparative advantage over anyone north of the M25 re: media acceptance. She’s talking about a long gone time in the 80s when all you’d hear is RP. Conscious of making this long but my northern husband has always been conscious of his voice because people are vile about it. He turns down nearly all podcasts / radio cos it’s not worth the insecurity inducing/exacerbating flack, recently had some knob compare him to a tv show character who isn’t even northern is just dumb (for lack of a better word? Silly dumb? It’s a comedy character) - that’s the shit northern ppl put up with. We’ve all worked in places or gone to uni where people make a big deal about NORTHERN regional accepts, ppl actually try to acquire London adjacent as a #rebranding exercise! Also a Christian country? Looooo maybe if you’re thinking of the 70s? Just because your five bed was on a white and Christian road doesn’t mean the rest of the country is soz hun

She should have been fully cancelled when she said the vile shit about Ivan Cameron but sadly she’s still here being an absolutely vile bitch x

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
Inadequate yes, but they'll eat better at lunch than what she showed she gave SB
This is the cognitive dissonance I don't get. I saw a comment from one of her followers sneering that the lunch boxes probably don't rotate different types of vegetables each week. Jack herself turned her nose up at lettuce...

...but she feeds her son "cheap soft soft white bread", cooking bacon scraps and endless servings of the nastiest sausages she can find, all cooked up in LARD. It would be one thing if she were actually making healthy, varied food. But - as she would say - "that ain't it."

• Sad
  • Heart

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
In regards to ‘politically difficult’, the person at the helm of this campaign is a young black man from a single parent family who grew up on a council estate in Manchester.

You don’t get much more opposite to the establishment than that.

But rather than defining himself by his lived experience, he’s using it to inform his wider campaigning.

• Heart

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I have memories of having to check on my mum when she would have 'bed days' aka was very depressed and couldn't get out of bed. To this day she is still embarrassed about it and feels very guilty that I even saw her in that way.

There is no way anyone of sound mind would dress up a child parenting the parent as cute, whether it's bringing food, or checking a passed out parent is still breathing :mad:
Yep. Solid weeks of my Mum in bed depressed, begging her to get up, feeling really lonely, wondering what was for dinner. Its not cute, Jack. Youre showing yourself to be a shit parent.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 77

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Her “investigative team of friends” is basically twitter squiggles. She just takes what they say and passes it on.

Hope her agent calls for a chat again.

She really annoys me because She makes the left look like aggressive bullies. Whoop de doo, sometimes government contracts stink of nepotism. It’s like the head of the sixth form student committee thinking they’ve sniffed out a massive cover up. I’d rather have Rick (he spells it with a silent “p”) from the Young Ones writing poetry about it, she’s that tone deaf she embarrassed me.

Also Jack, the press don’t have anything against tattoos or gays, when they say they don’t think you’re a good “fit” for them, they mean your behaviour, personality and writing is the problem

Last edited:
  • Heart

jenny2603

VIP Member
View attachment 385016View attachment 385017
She’s so desperate to try and find some angle nobody has spotted.
She's a total halfwit. Both the government and Chartwells HAVE ALREADY ADMITTED the pictured parcels don't meet the standard. Literally everyone is agreed on that part. We're now at the bit where we see what they're going to do to put things right which will not include "putting Jack Monroe in charge".

• Haha
  • Heart