Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nobody asked for a picture of her entire kitchen, did they?
No. But when the landlord says they're deducting for cleaning the house from her bond, she'll whip this out as a receipt...seeeeeeee all my followers said my kitchen is spotless and I have proof I even cleaned the grout all damn day

• Haha
Reactions: 34
#toastertruther

She has got a genuine problem, I really do believe that. She’s a pathological liar and attention seeker.

As anyone with a narcissist and/or pathological liar in their lives knows, the lies can be about the most mundane of things. Even just complete waffle, it’s still somehow worth lying about. I think it’s something to do with their sense of self having no basis on reality, so then even just a random discussion is like they’re writing poor fiction. They don’t think about what is the reality, they live outside of those confines of the truth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Does anyone else think the idea of a forever home is a bit naive?

Of course, you might have a dream home, but to think you are going to live there forever is very shortsighted.

What if your family, health or financial circumstances change? You might have to downsize, upsize (to fit in extra members) or move to help family.

But, I suppose she only thinks of herself and therefore she will live there forever, no matter what, so that is ok.
She uses the words "forever home" because it's emotive, as people subconsciously associate it with abused and abandoned shelter animals. It's to make people feel sorry for Jack and subconsciously think that she's been vulnerable to homelessness. Painting a picture without having to lie.

I do agree with you though, forever home is not a thing for humans, there's too much that can change.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 72
#toastertruther

She has got a genuine problem, I really do believe that. She’s a pathological liar and attention seeker.

As anyone with a narcissist and/or pathological liar in their lives knows, the lies can be about the most mundane of things. Even just complete waffle, it’s still somehow worth lying about. I think it’s something to do with their sense of self having no basis on reality, so then even just a random discussion is like they’re writing poor fiction. They don’t think about what is the reality, they live outside of those confines of the truth.
You know what you are? Founder of a hashtag

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
I have ADHD and it's incapacitating, I literally can't think straight, have no sense of time or organisational skills, and can't live independently. I also have autism and noticed the same thing as you, that it's self-diagnosed, exceptionally-high functioning people (or literally just not even autistic) who perpetuate silly stereotypes as if autism is just a funny quirk rather than a disability. They make a great big fuss about the most minor and most palatable symptoms of autism, like mild stimming and mild sensory issues. They are also the ones most likely to boast about how autism is a strength, not a disability. I have struggled to get support because of the stereotype that autistic people must have talents, genius, or special skills. Unfortunately, most of us don't, including me.

I don't believe that she was diagnosed. I seem to remember her tweeting about how she can't produce her evidence, as if having diagnosis reports lying around is the most ridiculous thing ever. I have all my diagnosis assessment/reports in a file, as I regularly need them for proof for things I'm entitled to.
With ADHD it can be quite difficult to tell sometimes whether someone's been formally diagnosed, especially when there's a wealth of stuff correlating basic attention issues with the disorder, and it's also a bit of a spectrum afaik. For Jack, however, I agree that she probably hasn't had a professional diagnosis - most people I know to have ADHD or autism don't make as big of a deal of it as she does, and they never use it as an excuse!! It's pretty frustrating to see someone piggyback off of the daily suffering of not one but two groups of people, let alone try and use it as a get-out-of-jail free card.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I wonder if Allegra has ever given the reason she was expelled... maybe the root of the story is there.
I found this interview with Allegra which mentions her being expelled, but it’s a bit vague. It does say though that she still went back to do her exams. 🤔 (See 6th and 7th paragraphs).
The article is 15 years old so pre-Jack.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Jack lives on Inception time so she has probably done all this, completed an MA in Education and wrapped up the old NPQH award just for shits and giggles.

I would LOVE to see her teach online, home school SB, tweet 24 hours a day, have the 12 hour sleeps and still manage to operate a laundry machine.
Does Dr Jack think that her honorary doctorate is a real qualification
#toastertruther

My narc (ex) best mate used to make toast under the grill "because it just makes the best toast ever; darling, I'd never bother with a toaster"
Me, clearing out mother in law's house after she died: "do you want this toaster"
Mate: "yes please"

Oddly enough, the same also applied to the microwave oven.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
She uses the words "forever home" because it's emotive, as people subconsciously associate it with abused and abandoned shelter animals. It's to make people feel sorry for Jack and subconsciously think that she's been vulnerable to homelessness. Painting a picture without having to lie.

I do agree with you though, forever home is not a thing for humans, there's too much that can change.
Some might say that it’s “misty eyed rhetoric”, or something of the sort. Not sure who would use that term, though 🙄

We’ve moved about 6 times since my eldest son was born. It just went like that, we changed and gradually improved our circumstances, inch by inch. Obviously moving was mega stressful for us, but was never ever projected onto our kids. We never really discussed in any other way with friends and family than just like yeah, moving’s a nightmare, but the next place has one thing that’s a bit better for us. On it goes, as happens for most people who don’t have a huge safety net or inheritance etc.

The house we live in now has had to have tonnes of work done that’s battered us physically and financially. Is it our “forever home”? Dunno 🤷‍♀️ probably not! I’ll wait till my kids go off to wherever they go, and then see. As usual, Jack has to add a load of emotive bollocks to draw in the Patreons, innit.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Her kitchen is so ...bland. It's like the interior design equivalent of a Thrifty Shades of Beige postcard. If they existed, that is.

I just wanted you all to know that after I criticised Jack for using the same word repeatedly, I am aware I doubled up on 'danger' in one sentence in my previous post and it's too late to edit it. I'm a filthy hypocrite, I'll never live this down. On the plus side I'll probably get a column in a tabloid now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Last time I was up to the early hours chatting shite, then eating all the carbs and cleaning excessively it was because I’d been drinking. Does that mean I have asthma?

Anyway do any “publicly available” account Fraus want to see if they can find the 30k ish donation she made to the Trussell Trust off the back of the Kickstarter? Should have been made in 18-19 financial year, charities publish accounts so....

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
She says the pictures are deceptive and the kitchen isn't that big. We can all see the appliances and units, we know what is in our own homes. We can estimate the spaciousness based on our own experiences and our eyes.

The kitchen is not huge for such a massive not a bungalow, it is not a kitchen diner that most people these days have and it doesn't have an island.....BUT she has got a separate dining room.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Why does she tell the most pointless bleeping lies? No one cares if you have a toaster or not!
Engagement, darling (said in an annoying Joanna Lumley voice...) - it gave her the engagement she wanted on that particular day.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Does Dr Jack think that her honorary doctorate is a real qualification

My narc (ex) best mate used to make toast under the grill "because it just makes the best toast ever; darling, I'd never bother with a toaster"
Me, clearing out mother in law's house after she died: "do you want this toaster"
Mate: "yes please"

Oddly enough, the same also applied to the microwave oven.
I have a toaster, but I do really love toast that’s been baked in the oven. It goes so crunchy and is totally different to toaster toast

Reactions: 28
Yet when her favorite coal tar soap (that she mentioned on twitter that day) appeared on her step bearing the price label of the local shop, she assumed it was a kindly neighbour. She dosn’t know her neighbours but she has the streets communal skip on her driveway or something. (Therefore sign) Who bleeping knows
Oh yes, and then in a Tweet on a later date (when she was trying to get the Hermes driver in trouble) she mentioned she has cameras on her door, so there was no need for her to assume it was a neighbour. She could have just checked the CCTV. But it’s all lies anyways. Honestly, her lies are mostly just pointless. Lying about not having a toaster and having or not having CCTV and gifting yourself soap on your doorstep. Just why?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.