Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack is a bit Basil Fawlty isn't she? Comes out without outrageous things. Ridiculous lies. Going to extreme lengths to keep a lie going. Wee bit shady on how respectful she is to minority groups. Wants customers but hates them and resents doing her job. Massive ego. Inverted snob. Even the era fits Jack's weird anecdotes and interests.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
i knew as soon as i posted that that it would be controversial - this is based on one experience with a terrible maltese tbf 😂

what's a universally disliked and annoying dog ? that's what jack is
She wouldn't be a dog. She would be a Siamese cat. Haughty, destructive, annoying, dramatic and loud. They're also crap at singing and I've never known one successfully make an edible recipe or become a local MP

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Definitely! You look from a distance and think how lovely, get a bit closer and you get a taste of the vicious underbelly.

Most definitely NOT a five star love dog (Michael McIntyre).
I got bitten by a homeless man's chihuahua once. It's made me quite anxious around dogs ever since. Luckily it didn't break the skin 😖

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
From Wiki.

Monroe passed the 11-plusexaminations and attended Westcliff High School for Girls, a grammar school in Westcliff-on-Sea, before leaving at age 16, "bullied and disillusioned",[8] with insufficient GCSEs to progress to A-level (she sat 7 and passed 4 and a half of them).[9]

Just says she didn't have enough GCSEs to progress to A levels - nothing about being expelled.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Don't get all this chihuahua hate either, I have to say! Before I got my big boy, I was going to get 2 chihuahuas from the dog rescue, they were called Bubbles and Squeak, but I was DENIED because I lived too near to their previous owners (who they'd been taken from). I mean, I guess things work out for the best but I did spend many days mourning what could have been with those two precious little things.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Don't get all this chihuahua hate either, I have to say! Before I got my big boy, I was going to get 2 chihuahuas from the dog rescue, they were called Bubbles and Squeak, but I was DENIED because I lived too near to their previous owners (who they'd been taken from). I mean, I guess things work out for the best but I did spend many days mourning what could have been with those two precious little things.
I love Chihuhuahuas (but then I love all doggos). But they are super yappy and annoying and full of their own self-importance. And can be very aggressive if not trained right.

If the shoe fits.....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I have ADHD and it's incapacitating, I literally can't think straight, have no sense of time or organisational skills, and can't live independently. I also have autism and noticed the same thing as you, that it's self-diagnosed, exceptionally-high functioning people (or literally just not even autistic) who perpetuate silly stereotypes as if autism is just a funny quirk rather than a disability. They make a great big fuss about the most minor and most palatable symptoms of autism, like mild stimming and mild sensory issues. They are also the ones most likely to boast about how autism is a strength, not a disability. I have struggled to get support because of the stereotype that autistic people must have talents, genius, or special skills. Unfortunately, most of us don't, including me.

I don't believe that she was diagnosed. I seem to remember her tweeting about how she can't produce her evidence, as if having diagnosis reports lying around is the most ridiculous thing ever. I have all my diagnosis assessment/reports in a file, as I regularly need them for proof for things I'm entitled to.
I can’t hit ‘like’ on this post enough times! Perfectly put. I’ve found this exact same thing too. I was diagnosed with autism relatively late on (late 30s) and whilst I can look after myself and my husband and just about hold one part time ish job down that’s pretty much it. I’m permanently exhausted from just existing and really don’t have any outstanding talents or skills to my name.

I think she willy waves ADHD and Autism about like they’re a fashion accessory and an excuse for another ‘whoops I done a chaos, Betty’ - which does the square root of bugger all to promote either condition in a positive light.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.