Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably an unpopular opinion but I really don't understand the love Jack gets for suing Hopkins. All it really did was make a situation that was already bad for Hopkins a bit worse and speed up her inevitable financial difficulties coming to a head. Hopkins was already on her way out at the Mail as she'd cost them a fortune settling with the Mahmood family in 2016, with another separate libel case against the Mail pending well into 2017. She carried on working at LBC for several months after the Monroe verdict and might be there yet if it wasn't for her awful comments about the Manchester bombing. If she hadn't continued saying increasingly hateful things and being a total liability to her various media employers she might have been able to absorb the losses from Monroe's action. Hopkins did herself in, in terms of her mainstream media career- Jack had no impact at all on de-platforming her. Jack's case is only interesting because of the Twitter aspect, it hasn't made Hopkins any less hateful and I'm sorry but a mouthy racist living in a smaller house than they used to isn't much of a victory. The way Jack swaggers about like she's struck a blow against fascism is pathetic and I'm mystified as to why so many people seem to believe it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 103
Anyone else getting pass ag vibes from this?
Sister wants to be nurse, kid wants to be nurse, her mum was a nurse.
When you add that to Brother in military, Dad was in military and fireman.
She just sounds jealous.
Yes - she seems to be in some competition with her family. Maybe they are all the same? She wants to be seen as "better" than they are. My sister is very similar, everything I do is belittled and her life is much better than mine, thank (space) you very much. Even though she's not at all happy, she has to be seen as more successful.
I see a lot of similarities between Jack and that sister, and I don't like it!

Reactions: 22
Probably an unpopular opinion but I really don't understand the love Jack gets for suing Hopkins. All it really did was make a situation that was already bad for Hopkins a bit worse and speed up her inevitable financial difficulties coming to a head. Hopkins was already on her way out at the Mail as she'd cost them a fortune settling with the Mahmood family in 2016, with another separate libel case against the Mail pending well into 2017. She carried on working at LBC for several months after the Monroe verdict and might be there yet if it wasn't for her awful comments about the Manchester bombing. If she hadn't continued saying increasingly hateful things and being a total liability to her various media employers she might have been able to absorb the losses from Monroe's action. Hopkins did herself in, in terms of her mainstream media career- Jack had no impact at all on de-platforming her. Jack's case is only interesting because of the Twitter aspect, it hasn't made Hopkins any less hateful and I'm sorry but a mouthy racist living in a smaller house than they used to isn't much of a victory. The way Jack swaggers about like she's struck a blow against fascism is pathetic and I'm mystified as to why so many people seem to believe it.
I agree. If the case had been about racism/hate speech, that would be one thing. But it wasn’t. It was simply libel based on mistaken identity.
And let’s not forget that Jack was roundly criticised by the judge in the case for deleting evidence.

Reactions: 47
So, hang on. Her ‘job’ is to provide recipes for beans. Just beans? That’s very niche....and limiting.
You can do LOADS with beans
-rinse them
-add plenty of black pepper
-eat them like a greedy goblin

• Haha
Reactions: 62
I agree. If the case had been about racism/hate speech, that would be one thing. But it wasn’t. It was simply libel based on mistaken identity.
And let’s not forget that Jack was roundly criticised by the judge in the case for deleting evidence.
Indeed and let's not forget three years later Jack would be boasting about physically assaulting her brother who is in the RAF despite her reverence for the forces. Just as well the festive decking didn't take place before the case or there might have been a rather different outcome.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Yes, it was touch and go wasn't it? Not as clear cut as she likes to make out.

Reactions: 31
I agree I didn't know much about her then, but I don't see it as much as victory.

I don't see sueing someone as something to be proud off. If you have to do it then ok and if you win with a good case great, but there where it should end. I think

Reactions: 26
She clings onto the Hopkins notoriety like a baked bean clings onto the tomato sauce before it’s rinsed.

• Haha
Reactions: 78
She clings onto the Hopkins notoriety like a baked bean clings onto the tomato sauce before it’s rinsed.
Every time KH is in the news she does a very smug/sanctimonious, "People are @ing me about it but I honestly just want to move on, I'm not going to talk about it babes x"... even though that's literally what she's doing in those kind of tweets 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 54
She clings on to the NHS/Fire/military because it makes her look like a good person.
Same with Hatie Kopkins. And like with many Jack examples, it looks good - from a distance? Apply cursory scrutiny and it smells like thrice boiled beetroot water

• Haha
Reactions: 55
You can do LOADS with beans
-rinse them
-add plenty of black pepper
-eat them like a greedy goblin
Adding a smudge of mustard and a tad splodge of ketchup does the trick for me. I triple tested it.

She clings on to the NHS/Fire/military because it makes her look like a good person.
Same with Hatie Kopkins. And like with many Jack examples, it looks good - from a distance? Apply cursory scrutiny and it smells like thrice boiled beetroot water
Yes, a narc thing for taking pride by association (family members) to compensate for her lack of achievement, which in her case is mixed with ambivalence as I guess she would also have liked to have completed formal training in one of those valued professions but did a chaos and now she gives 'advice' to squiggles.

Edit: I did not edit this..it was one of those unintentional reply mergers...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.