Jack Monroe #124 Jack Monroe has and had covid, coronavirus, rona, covid-19 and long covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know what the rules are down south at the moment but when my downstairs neighbour's daughter tested positive she only had to isolate for 10 days. Her mum had to isolate for 14 days despite never getting a positive test, purely because she was living with her COVID positive daughter.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
That therapist has, in my opinion, theorised a bit too far there. Jamie explained that he has to redraw most lines 3-5 times and the therapist concluded that he works 3-5 times as hard as some people. How can she come to that conclusion? What if most people have to redraw lines 5-7 times? Jamie would then be working half as hard as some people.

The therapist has no other data to compare what is a usual amount of line redraws. I think the therapist has speculated a bit far without any proof or even a cursory investigation, yet she thinks she has enough information to make that comment. I wouldn't go to any therapist that feels it's ok to come to a conclusion without checking out the data.

However Jack says that everything she cooks, she cooks right first time, so how does she relate that to rubbing out and starting over 3-5 times? Most recipe creators take many many times to perfect their recipes. Hence Jack works far less than most people, surely.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 101
I don't know what the rules are down south at the moment but when my downstairs neighbour's daughter tested positive she only had to isolate for 10 days. Her mum had to isolate for 14 days despite never getting a positive test, purely because she was living with her COVID positive daughter.
I have just read the guidance and Jack should still be isolating as she is still so severely and extremely ill.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
That therapist has, in my opinion, theorised a bit too far there. Jamie explained that he has to redraw most lines 3-5 times and the therapist concluded that he works 3-5 times as hard as some people. How can she come to that conclusion? What if most people have to redraw lines 5-7 times? Jamie would then be working half as hard as some people.

The therapist has no other data to compare what is a usual amount of line redraws. I think the therapist has speculated a bit far without any proof or even a cursory investigation, yet she seems able to comment. I wouldn't go to any therapist that feels it ok to come to a conclusion without checking out the data.

However Jack says that everything she cooks, she cooks right first time, so how does she relate to rubbing out and starting over 3-5 times? Most recipe creators take many many times to perfect their recipes. Hence Jack works far less than most people, surely.
You are, of course, correct, dear Mr Bee, but what you fail to fully understand is how special this guy is. Just like JM, his life is harder than anyone elses and you with your logic and reason need to stop raining on his parade. Also, did you know that JM gets all recipes done in one AND meticulously, forensically tests them?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Oh it was Canada squiggle that got snarked, but Rules squiggle has jumped in
That squiggle does ask a good question though. As far as I’m aware, the rule here is that if you’re still feeling ill at the 10-day point, you have to continue isolating (the NHS website says this). So if Jack is still claiming to feel terrible, which she seems to be*, she shouldn’t be going out.

* I know it’s all lies and bollocks, but you’d think the more gullible squiggles might be questioning this. Whenever they ask if she’s feeling better, she says she’s not. So which is it?

ETA: screenshot fromNHS website.
ETA: just noticed @Scarletfever has posted the same.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Erm sorry if this has been mentioned but I was out for a bit - she's replied to a tweet from an editor at the Daily Express with "cheers boss".

Sorry I am too angry at her bullshit to screenshot 😞

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 67
Oh it was Canada squiggle that got snarked, but Rules squiggle has jumped in
I'm sorry but is that squiggle cracked. I dont want to surmise...but I'm going to is this why this country cant shake off this pandemic if she thinks going to the chippy 10 days after a supposed positive test is ok? While still having symptoms? Is this common? Cos we look at the people that follow jack and think wow how dont they see it why cant they work it out. But are we the outliers? The minority? Surely not?

Reactions: 45
YOU'RE NOT WORKING CLASS JACK AND YOU NEVER HAVE BEEN!

View attachment 362188
Also, you are shite at presenting!! Jaysus, that last thread was epic...I was abused as a child, and a lot of the abduction chat was triggering, so apologies for not commenting much.

in other news, Joe Wicks (who I’m not a fan of) was on R2 interviewing THAT MAN today. He came across so well, very natural and very adaptable to varying needs when everyone was panic buying, and he was doing his quick budget recipe shows. Mrs. B bought me his ‘7 Ways’ book for Christmas, and it’s absolutely brilliant!

• Heart
Reactions: 56
So she couldn’t post her patraeon recipe cards in case the postman touched her ‘rona seeped envelopes, but is ok with endangering the express seller, the chip shop owner and (if the timeline isn’t lies) the express photographer and the lady who took her picture in two tan coloured underwear body suits. It’s not a bleeping surprise that the UK a has the highest COVID cases ever reported today, omg. Stay in your plague bungalow Jack!
Edit- plus whoever she met in the 50p dead mans coat.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 83
So she couldn’t post her patraeon recipe cards in case the postman touched her ‘rona seeped envelopes, but is ok with endangering the express seller, the chip shop owner and (if the timeline isn’t lies) the express photographer and the lady who took her picture in two tan coloured underwear body suits. It’s not a bleeping surprise that the UK a has the highest COVID cases ever reported today, omg. Stay in your plague bungalow Jack!
Edit- plus whoever she met in the 50p dead mans coat.
Not just the UK but “Southend-on-Sea now one of the worst affected areas in England following surge in Covid-19 cases”, according to the linked report.
Mainly due to bleeping idiots like Jack, no doubt, scampering about all over the place looking for newspapers and chippy teas while they’re meant to be isolating. 🙄

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.