Jack Monroe #122 You don’t batch tweet when you’ve got a 106 fever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really didn’t think it was possible to dislike someone I’ve never met so much
Neither did I until I brought her tin can book, bought some ingredients and every single recipe I tried failed. Dear reader, they were vile.
And I have been cooking for years, so it wasn't me, honest guv.
bleeping fraud she is...
PS: don't get me started on the trifle, the bleep.
PPS: Sorry about the swearing, I'm that annoyed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
The apology to That Man is great too, tucked away in her description of her terrible (and space time continuum-bending) covid experience. Interesting that she doesn't mention what she wants to "bury the hatchet" for, eh?
It feels quite odd. According to her, she'd already apologised. Wonder if she was instructed to publicly apologise. You know, Channel 4 and all that...

• Wow
Reactions: 36
Also, HOW has she managed not to write about her good friend and behind-the-scenes collaborator Marcus Rashford in her Express 2020 heroes column??

ETA : Jack's been liking stuff on twitter today, even though she's not posting. A highlight for me:

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 18.07.18.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
It feels quite odd. According to her, she'd already apologised. Wonder if she was instructed to publicly apologise. You know, Channel 4 and all that...
She should tweet her fulsome Express column apology. After all, her pile on was on twitter so the apology should be too. I wonder why she hasn't?

Reactions: 27
So is she a columnist for The Express now?
Covering for Carole Malone (?)
I can't decide if she's fucked off there's no digital footprint of it - ie no link to share - or relieved? It is absolutely bizarre that it's not been put on the internet, it's as though the shame of the collab is mutual? She had no problems sharing the crappy Xmas recipes she did for them but I imagine even *she* must realise that an ode to her Maj is a step too far. Plus the fact she's filling in for Carole Malone! It's certainly super annoying to me that only Express readers and the Coven (thanks to @discolisa and her dad 😊) are aware of this new career development.
Can I add that my dad reads a variety of papers but generally just wants a TV guide and the crosswords!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Can I add that my dad reads a variety of papers but generally just wants a TV guide and the crosswords!!
Lolll no judgement from me, my dad was the same, due to the nature of his work he used to get 5 dailies delivered to the house, from the highbrow to the low. Genuinely extremely grateful for your dad's crossword and TV guide taste, clearly this would have gone completely under the radar were it not for that!

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Unlesss your dad is shouting on Twitter about being a left wing activist there is no need to justify it! 🙂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Mine obsessively reads the DE, except that the only pages he actually reads are the ones with the sudokus and the crosswords on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
In her tweet asking her followers to nominate heroes she said she was including Lashana Lynch and Lewis Hamilton.

I'm disappointed to see they were not mentioned in her Express column?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Unlesss your dad is shouting on Twitter about being a left wing activist there is no need to justify it! 🙂
Nah, I didn't predict the strong daily express feelings that's all :ROFLMAO:. My dad was like 'why are you taking pictures of that, who is it'... There were no words to explain...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
In her tweet asking her followers to nominate heroes she said she was including Lashana Lynch and Lewis Hamilton.

I'm disappointed to see they were not mentioned in her Express column?
Disappointed, yes, but alas not surprised.

Reactions: 26
Oh god, the miraculous recovery was a sham, she's still going to go for the long haul #content, I actually can't bear it.
She hasn’t even had it for 14 days.

Long covid doesn’t set until a few weeks after the initial symptoms have waned.

Buckle in folks. I feel that 2021 might be challenging in more ways than one.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
Army Jack has been on a yomp again (with long COVID - the hero). Her brother must absolutely detest her.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Screenshot_20201226-183930.jpg

SB must be there - the body building pescatarian gets a large cod and he gets a battered sausage!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.