Jack Monroe #122 You don’t batch tweet when you’ve got a 106 fever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sketchbook and pencils present sounds like another thread of her Victorian childhood narrative. So oddly quaint. And unbelievable.
Happy Boxing Day blethering ninnies.

Yep - She definitely portrays him as a child of days gone by.

Rosy-cheeked elfin child. Is he outside playing with his spinning top and hoop n stick?

The poor bugger is 10! He’ll be glued to a screen chatting to his mates online. He won’t be colouring.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
My child is in the year above. She spent a lot of the day watching anime, Spotify on in the background, chatting to her friends. All at the same time.
She also got piles of drawing stuff. There was no whooping.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I crashed and burned after lunch and board games so now I am awake at 5am. Happy Boxing Day!

Santa should have brought Jack a steamer for that veg. Sad she didn’t mention what she got for SB- I really hope he’s at his dad’s.
Merry Christmas to you all...I would also like to echo the thanks and praise to everyone here for keeping some laughs going through 2020.

Funny that after you mention SBs presents, she drops a comment out about one of them. I am sure she will hint at protecting him etc etc if she was directly asked but we all know that she is supremely self centred and that’s the reason why he’s not mentioned - along with it being his dads turn this year.

I would LOVE to know why she doesn’t even have any of the fake milks in stock - with her being Vegan-ish. When we were rolling over a Brexit stockpile, I bought and used both UHT and Soya milk - it’s perfectly good for cooking (if not the number 1 choice for cereal).

Come on, Jackie - it’s obvious you’re reading here. How DO you make such even looking, perfectly risen Yorkies without any sort of milk??? Vegans around the globe would love to know.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
All this whooping the kid does makes me feel so sad for him.

If true, I think it may come from her not happy with his reaction in previous years, that he now over acts appreciation whether it be food or small gifts.

Hopefully, she's just bullshitting his reaction.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Ahh - thanks @Marmalade Atkins . I missed that. At least she isn’t pretending she made them then.... could this be progress? Or is it just that even she couldn’t dram to pull off such a blatant lie. Also - why are the Brussels and cutlery so massive looking? Is it because it is a side plate or a small plate? It is a very sad looking dinner from a food writer and recipe inventor.

Not sure how heretic this is but we didn’t/don’t have yorkies on Christmas. For quite a few years, it’s been expected that I make Beef Wellington. With that, plus the 10odd types of veg I cook, they are really not missed.

Kinda sad that I have cooked my last big English Christmas dinner. And it was only for four of us. Still - it’s a big old job, spread over two days so at least I will get more time to myself next year!

Reactions: 27
Finished my little Christmas Grunk. Hallo! Have loved reading what you've all been up to.

We actually quite enjoyed our Christmas yesterday. Treated ourselves to one of those M&S two bird roasting joints with stuffing in. I'm looking forward to the leftovers in a big sandwich with pickled onions on the side 🙂 Watched the new Pixar film 'Soul' and had a good cry at that too.

@traumatised sideboard I'm so glad that someone else picked up on the fact Jack was working her way through the entire Del Monte catalogue as potential porridge toppings. I look forward to her suggesting people eat it straight from the tin, chuck it in their coffee, pop it in a toastie.......all the while failing to declare it an AD. Classic Jack!

I can't believe Jack has had corona for two weeks. Time flies when your whole life is a lie I suppose!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
View attachment 360040And just like that, Christmas is over for another year! I hope you all had a lovely a day as you could manage, and were all patient and kind with yourselves ❤

I have had many wines and am about to collapse into bed, but I thought I'd post a pic of my trifle! (Sorry I know someone specific wanted to see it, but can't for the life of me remember and am much too tipsy to scroll back). Not the prettiest thing in the world but twas delicious! I am completely stuffed with good food and managed to time everything without stressing so tbh feeling a bit smug. Now finished my last wine of the day and am off to retire. Much love to you all ❤
It's a thing of beauty JUST AS I DREAMED

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Morning all.. new to this thread but have loved reading through almost as much as I dislike JM. Her relationship with SB actually bears remarkable resemblance to the script of ‘About a Boy’ minus Hugh Grant and Rachel Weiss... just wanted to also add yesterday I cooked a full Christmas dinner (minus the turkey which was cooked on Christmas Eve) in one hour. It was delicious. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to put a roast in a slow cooker.. she should be put in stocks for such a crime!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
I am SHOOKETH at her admission of buying Asda Smartprice yorkshire puddings! I mean, we all knew it but .... what sort of expert (and one who has been paid to tell people how to cook them) buys ready made yorkies?? Anyway, it led me down a toad in the rabbithole and THIS is her version of toad in the hole. It's not meant to look like that Jack!

Toad In The Hole, 18p – Jack Monroe

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 11.01.23.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
She mentioned the Yorkshires yesterday:

View attachment 360141
What an absolute fraud, she's shameless. Lest it need to be repeated, but this is the woman who considers herself a food expert and is a so-called professional cook and recipe maker. - And here she is, suggesting that to make a basic yorkshire pudding mix and throwing it in the oven is somehow a mammoth effort. Just imagine any. other. professional. chef using frozen YP, imagine them even accepting a frozen YP as food let alone attempting to justify it. She quite literally just doesn't have the talent, isn't remotely interested in food and is conning her way through this apparent career. Why the duck don't her gormless followers see this?

(And that's without even mentioning that she seems to be picking and choosing the affects that this apparent bout of covid has had on her energy levels, most likely more bollocks).

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Guten morgen Frauen. I am back after a traumatic Xmas day at my in-laws, which featured a dinner not a bit festive or delicious, sadly - so in that sense, remarkably similar to our scampering fake ‘rona pixie.

We had something that I think might have been a duck, once. Or a pair of Nicks trainers. It had obviously had a very long and hard life, not made any easier by having been ended by a cook only marginally less cackhanded than JM. I’m still chewing on the memory of it now.

Never mind, as the dessert was next. Christmas pudding (homemade by me) for those who wanted it, and the promise of a delicious M&S chocolate dessert for those who didn’t (there were three none Xmas pud takers, me included). MIL decided not to open it as she wanted to keep it all for herself, so we were treated instead to some stale fairy cakes with icing that had clearly been prepared before Mafeking. Delicious.

Sister in law got hideously drunk and, for the second or third time, proceeded to let me know I’d never really be family until I’d given birth. What to, I’m still unclear on.

Anyway, I had a good cry in the shower when we got in, and thankfully we don’t have to see her again for the foreseeable as we’re in Tier 4 now. Never been more glad to be home.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 115
I am SHOOKETH at her admission of buying Asda Smartprice yorkshire puddings! I mean, we all knew it but .... what sort of expert (and one who has been paid to tell people how to cook them) buys ready made yorkies?? Anyway, it led me down a toad in the rabbithole and THIS is her version of toad in the hole. It's not meant to look like that Jack!

View attachment 360164
View attachment 360163

I'm actually not hugely familiar with toad in the hole (as a body of work) but surely it doesn't usually look so... Embalmed?

Also the lack of roast potatoes in the final lunch is unforgivable. WHERE DID THEY GO

• Haha
Reactions: 43

View attachment 360164
View attachment 360163
Oven not hot enough. She doesn’t know how to cook!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.