Jack Monroe #122 You don’t batch tweet when you’ve got a 106 fever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have some doggo floof everyone! (No, not dodgy floor, thank space you, autocarrot.) Someone enjoyed the squeaky present even if someone else woke me up by stealing all the duvet.
20201225_144735.jpg

20201225_150522.jpg

20201225_063210.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 87
Oh dear god Jack! It looks exactly as predicted, grimly revolting 🤢

Who could have imagined that cauliflower (no cheese) would have come out of an overnight stay in a slow cooker looking like a pile of tit? And the chicken cannot be saved by smothering it in Bisto, mate. We know what you did.
if that was on come dine with me it would be a laughing stock. it is a terrible effort for an alleged food 'professional'. probably went straight in the bin.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Merry christmas to all!

Just nipped in to say two things. Firstly, who the duck has porridge for breakfast on christmas day? And secondly, that slow cooker Slopmas dinner has depressed me more than being in teir 4

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I don't even own one slow cooker, let alone seven, but surely you'd never slice slow-cooked carrots so finely? Mush mush mush.

Also, open the freezing oven, Jack!!! Your potatoes are waiting in there FFS
I think she had one with a chalkboard, that was quite small so that is at least 8. must be like steptoe and sons house in her place.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Happy Christmas everyone, I hope you’re all having a fabulous day!

I’m sure I’ve mentioned before, however I don’t cook - my parents/grandma/anyone other than me cooks and that’s fine because I consider myself to be terrible, it’s definitely more won’t cook than can’t though 😂

Anyway I stupidly volunteered myself to make the starter for Christmas Day today, and I am so proud of myself - I didn’t poison anyone surprisingly. And I’m really confident my prawn cocktail would be better than anything JM could ever ever make. So here it is! No hands even in sight 🙄

A6EA4EE9-1264-4C5F-8E27-51C060C24055.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 106
So, 4 hours or maybe even less after a heavy breakfast of porridge made with cream and mincemeat, she sat down for Christmas day dinner/lunch/whatever you call it. I thinks not. If I eat porridge I can't eat anything else for hours afterwards.

Sure squiggle, sb couldn't wish for a better mum than someone who apparently told her son that Christmas is cancelled🙄
B43EA650-E3FC-4D4F-AA8D-54B18EC4A3C4.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
There's nobody bloody there
tit, you've cracked it. That does look like a dinner for one.. and she would totally post the whole spread if there was more. Just imagine how bonkers someone would have to be to pretend that they have a houseful of guests when really they're eating alone. Quite sad really.

• Wow
Reactions: 45
I’m just wobbling in, lovelies.
Merry Christmas now duck OFF. With jingle bells on.

Ps. Tarnished cutlery. Mucky mare 🤢

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
tit, you've cracked it. That does look like a dinner for one.. and she would totally post the whole spread if there was more. Just imagine how bonkers someone would have to be to pretend that they have a houseful of guests when really they're eating alone. Quite sad really.
I agree she so smug and arrogant, loves nothing more than showing off. not today jack.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Can we have a moment of quiet contemplation for the slow cooker broccoli? It didn’t make it 😩

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
The sprouts are yellow. The carrots look like the ones in canteens which have sat around for hours.

Did she duck make those Yorkshire puddings. Homemade YP never ever ever ever look the same. They never ever ever cook evenly because of the hot oil, there is always black bits

but then she’s a bleeping liar and a tit cook, so none of this is worth pointing out.

Reactions: 51
Merry Christmas frau and all. Thank you very much for all the giggles .

Just to report after a cooker malfunction I managed to produce Roast Beef and all the trimmings with a two hob hot plate and halogen oven in 3hrs start to finish without wailing and clawing at the floor and much sitting down inbetween . My Aunt Bessies looked just like Jack's yorkies too

• Heart
Reactions: 51
There's nobody bloody there
I agree. If SB and BB were there she wouldn’t have been able to resist a pic that had the backs of their heads in or their hands/arms.
If SB has been at his dads for the day, we will surely get this exact pic this evening to “prove us wrong”...

Reactions: 30
She lost me at "no roast potatoes" ...sorry to anyone who hates hem but CHRISTMAS DINNER WITH NO ROASTIES 😲😲😲😲

That is not a Christmas Dinner Jack, that's sadness on a plate.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.