Jack Monroe #122 You don’t batch tweet when you’ve got a 106 fever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need to have a go at removing FODMAPS in the new year. I strongly suspect I will find onions to be the problem, though I really hope they aren't!
I was told red onions aren't as bad, and they don't affect me as badly. There is a good website that lists all the fodmap foods. Can't eat beans anymore, rinsed or otherwise😭

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Sorry, can we just go back to her admission that she has SEVEN slow cookers? I'm sure they were all gifted or discovered in some whimsical manner like under a hedgerow but still, ridiculous. I hope everyone's bringing a straw to the table or she's serving dinner in a glass because nobody's going to be able to find anything they can stick a fork in.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
I was told red onions aren't as bad, and they don't affect me as badly. There is a good website that lists all the fodmap foods. Can't eat beans anymore, rinsed or otherwise😭
Oooh, thanks very Matt much Matt for the tip!
I got diagnosed with IBS nearly 20 years ago, but only found out about the FODMAP thing when someone mentioned it on Food and Drink (I think) a few weeks back. I'm baffled as to why no one (medical) has ever thought to suggest it. Would have saved me so much in time, trouble and Movicol 😂 It does say you shouldn't try it at times of high stress though, so I'm getting Christmas out the way first...

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Happy Christmas Frauen und Herren! See you on the other side. May your meals be slop-free and your gravy unctuous.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Same, no onions or beans for me. Or cheese, or too many white carbs in a day. I still eat all of those and pay the horrible price. It is worth keeping track of how far I've gone with each to avoid any incidents though :(

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Oooh, thanks very Matt much Matt for the tip!
I got diagnosed with IBS nearly 20 years ago, but only found out about the FODMAP thing when someone mentioned it on Food and Drink (I think) a few weeks back. I'm baffled as to why no one (medical) has ever thought to suggest it. Would have saved me so much in time, trouble and Movicol 😂 It does say you shouldn't try it at times of high stress though, so I'm getting Christmas out the way first...
Forgot to include the link🤦‍♀️ had too much chocolate tonight. Cauliflower is another one too, tuna triggers me as well but isn't on the list. https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I need to have a go at removing FODMAPS in the new year. I strongly suspect I will find onions to be the problem, though I really hope they aren't!
Onions, garlic and apples are very high up on the FODMAP list. Good luck with it, once you get your head round it you'll feel much better xx

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Well, good night and a very merry Christmas to you all. Strangest year made tolerable by the Cabal.
Love you, now duck right off xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Merry Christmas to the bestest, kindest bunch of bullying ninnies one could ever hope to meet. This is the funniest, loveliest corner of the internet and praise beans I found you all. Now please do duck off, it’s what Jack would have wanted.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
I have IBS too, but volcanic 💩 I still eat every troublesome food going. I cant imagine a life without onions, garlic and pulses. Its just not happening.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Now duck off to those of you who wish to...I’m shielding alone in T4 (🔺not Liverpool😱) so there is every chance I will be on at some point tomorrow. I’m not one for Xmas anyway so I’m not too bothered but any frau or herr who wants to stop by (whether you’re on your own and lonely or feeling lonely yet surrounded by people) this canal member is around to chat!
I’m just going to put this trifle in the slow cooker before I got to bed, save me getting up early to do it tomorrow

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 94
That slow-cooked slop sounds utterly joyless. 😐

Merry Christmas everyone. :) Hope you manage to enjoy the day despite everything that's been going on!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
As it's officially after midnight, a big fat MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all! Hope your day is joyous, not too stressful, and filled with as many pisses and sandwiches as you need

Now duck off! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Now duck off to those of you who wish to...I’m shielding alone in T4 (🔺not Liverpool😱) so there is every chance I will be on at some point tomorrow. I’m not one for Xmas anyway so I’m not too bothered but any frau or herr who wants to stop by (whether you’re on your own and lonely or feeling lonely yet surrounded by people) this canal member is around to chat!
I’m just going to put this trifle in the slow cooker before I got to bed, save me getting up early to do it tomorrow
I'm putting water and a teabag in my slow cooker overnight.

Have a good day @HotesTilaire !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.