Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone imagining the scene from The Office where Brent asks Dawn who her hero is, and then she goes through everyone who is her hero until it finally lands on Brent?

Jack is David Brent and I won’t hear another word to the contrary.

Reactions: 74
Absolutely laughing up both lungs- genius

Reactions: 19
Shit, this is a nightmare. So close yet so far... isn't there some way to make happen even if you do end up leaving after the new year? Genuinely, genuinely hope this works out for you..
Thanks, my friend. There are some things that I can try but, in all honesty, I think it might be a stretch. My rights as an EU citizen (like all of us) end at 11pm on the 31st. The transition was a godsend in that it gave me a year to get sorted. I thought I had done so well, with my timing and only flew back on the 7th to wind things up here and get a family Christmas. I am (and have been) isolating at home in order to ensure if things change and a negative test will get me in, then I can take one. Apart from that, it’s all Up In The Air, anything else I can do.

Not going to be too gutted though (well, trying not to!), because it does smack of self centred whinging and I know I am lucky even to have the opportunity. Things have moved on somewhat from the days of doing Xmas food shopping with a pram, a toddler and a bad cold, on Christmas Eve because that’s when I got paid and couldn’t afford to do it before!

Btw - not caught up yet so almost certain it’s probably been said but...but I have seen the Jack fishing for love tweet. My god, there’s desperate, and then there’s Jack.

Reactions: 40
is this the same 10k already donated or another donation?

View attachment 356557

???

View attachment 356561
I have questions...
Why did she choose this charity? She's not mentioned them before.
Did they really let her choose? What if she chose Battersea Dogs and Cats home? All those ickle smol floofs of cattos and doggos. They'd bloody love a bit of pineapple. Or ten grand.

Obviously I'm being cruel. It's a good cause but ffs it hasn't come out of her pocket.

Also, please don't give floofs pineapple. It is poison to dogs and your cat will be so disgusted with you it will do a dirty protest in your slippers.

Reactions: 28
She might as well have posted, "I AM YOUR HERO OF THE YEAR, RIGHT? RIGHT??!?!?!"

Reactions: 36
In all my years I have never came across as anyone as desperate for validation and love from complete strangers as her.

Kind of makes me sad that no one in her real world seems to give her enough love and adoration( I mean this from both people's perspective, the giver and her) no one will be enough to her and she will never be enough ( in her mind) to them.

Reactions: 38
Can anyone find her mentioned on any Del Monte Twitter pages? UK... Europe.. USA even..
I can't but I'm presuming it's because she has me blocked.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.