Jack Monroe #118 Diagnosis: gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a quick google to see what early info was out there - came across a couple of press interviews with her dad. It sounds like money (and the lack thereof) was often spoken about in their household.
B565081C-E23B-4D02-9BC4-C6D28B074715.jpeg
6CE1B11E-3C31-4054-B0F7-72BBC60CA18A.jpeg
8CA7CE24-C49A-4AE6-BE34-F96A230B963C.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
[Insert slop texture food] + egg on a soft, soft, soft white roll that gently embraces your lips as you take the plate to bed with your aching fallopian tubes to finish it all off like greedy goblin.

Had a quick google to see what early info was out there - came across a couple of press interviews with her dad. It sounds like money (and the lack thereof) was often spoken about in their household.View attachment 346462View attachment 346463View attachment 346464
God they all love a good whinge about random stuff don't they. Your third front door? You poor lamb, I didn't realise how much of a struggle life could be until I read that

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I had eggs on toast for lunch. How spooky is that? Mine were poached and served on lightly toasted buttered (FANCY) softy soft soft white bread topped with POBP. No back story though. I just like poached eggs.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Dear God, over-reaction much? Me thinks she doth protest too much. What normal person would be outraged and on the verge of issuing legal threats because a silly internet site claimed you were a millionaire?

Anyway, plenty of millionaires RENT. It's not the pov hallmark she thinks.
Didn’t Adele rent? 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I remember Adele renting that house - much excitement here as it’s just down the road, in fact I’ll be driving through there later on the way to teach fitness classes 🔺 Never bumped into her though....

Didn’t Adele rent? 🤔

Reactions: 14
The fostering article is a difficult one because the LA does not really cover the costs of fostering. It may vary by authority but some have a monthly amount too (for clothing and equipment) but yeah it seems daddy has worked out that fostering has cost him in the region of 3.5 k per child per year.
I wonder if the comment on the article a few pages back, asking about another son was not in referenCe to a birth son but a fostered or adopted child, as this says “two” birth children.

Edit 🥕🥕🥕

Reactions: 19
An eight year campaign of harassment that's lasted six months. I am Jack. I am exist outside time. I am everywhere and nowhere at once. Do not try to know me.

All fraus need to watch The Good Place on Netflix.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Well said. I agree with everything you wrote.
These bits of commentary are life-affirming!

I really loathe modern parlance (wnaar) around mental health. I mean, I'll be the first to say we need to talk about it more for my own personal reasons, but that seems to have sometimes swung into what I refer to as "I adulted today" mental health discussions.

I really worry that 'normal' levels of stress, anxiety, pressure, and worry are quickly shaped into a mental health problem, and some people will often use that as an excuse for poor behaviour or as an identifier (see also: putting letters after your name) without as much as a sniff of a diagnosis.

I also feel like waving the self-care flag trivialises things for people who are genuinely poorly. A bit of body lotion and a hot bath won't cure your mental illness. It's one thing to make sure you're eating well, adhering to good sleep hygiene guidelines, and not self-medicating, but quite another to be balls-deep in Sanctuary products, posing for the 'gram in your tub, shrieking "sElF cArE HeAlTh iS WeAlTh hUn".

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Here's her DEAD grandfather's obituary:

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/10080874.john_savva_hadjicostas/?ref=arc

Confirming he did indeed own a restaurant and a chain of guesthouses. Soooo working class. You can't even forgive her for thinking her parents had done well for themselves, so still identifies as working class. She's at least third generation middle class!

In the following link, she says she worked in her uncle's fish and chip shop, and her other uncle's Wimpy bar, but then says she eventually learnt they are not blood relatives but in the Greek community, good friends become like aunts and uncles and she got work from it. She claims she was paying her parent's rent from this work. Never mind that her parents have owned their 5 bed for so long that it has no "last sale" information on Zoopla.

https://www.metro.news/my-money-food-writer-jack-monroe/957090/

She also insinuates that her grandfather exploited her: "When I was 13, I used to help my grandfather in his guest house on the seafront in Southend-on-Sea. I would work the whole weekend and get paid a tenner, but I was young and didn’t have any bills, so it seemed a good deal."
jesus reading this she cant even keep her story straight about her part time jobs as a kid!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She thinks a crappy website that says she’s rich is slander! Slander is supposed to be a false statement that’s damaging to one’s reputation.

Only someone who makes a living out of grifting and poverty cosplay would consider that slander.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
The way she talks about working in her grandfather's guesthouse really pisses me off. The ungrateful little tit. It is perfectly normal to give kids "jobs" for pocket money, so that they can feel grown up and do a little bit of work and learn a little bit of responsibility. Of course he wouldn't give her more than 10 pounds because it wasn't a real job (she's definitely highly exaggerating how hard she worked), and giving 13 year olds too much money causes them to go wild. It is an insult that she's implying her was exploiting her labour for peanuts.

Reactions: 20
Just watched a Christmas cooking programme with THAT MAN.
He made a bread Christmas tree with Camembert. Five different ingredients. No random tinned fruit in it. Looks cheap and easy to replicate. Totally different to the shite offered up in the paper this weekend. Probably works out cheaper than her started and actually looks good

You are not alone. I am sure that KS knows that JM will be following her output forensically now. Is this a subtle dig via Jamie's parenting skills?

1607956865090.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
You are not alone. I am sure that KS knows that JM will be following her output forensically now. Is this a subtle dig via her Jamie's parenting skills?

View attachment 346487

Just noticed that and thought the same!
THAT MAN even managed to make a veggie/vegan Christmas lunch that was very affordable and didn’t look like dried up saw dust.
I bet there was no howling or clawing a the floor either.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.