Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MancBee

VIP Member
Ahh I did wonder, after mackies rant about 'trolls' contacting her employer 🙄
I never mentioned her by name, just made general comments. No doubt these comments would identify her as at least one person to be concerned about having as ambassador and contributor, but by no means the only one.

I suggested that it was a fine balance between providing cost effective meals, and suggesting two people could comfortably eat meals that cost £20 a week. I also called into question the quality of these meals and their nutritional value. I highlighted where this was counterproductive in their work with the government to improve the benefits system.

I made suggestions that they should be aware of the SM of everyone that they are connected with. There is no way they would forward on my email to her. It was more about the TT vetting procedures really, and who they want their "brand" associated with.

So no, Jack would not have been made aware of my email. An email that I have every right to send as it contained nothing but the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 93

jenny2603

VIP Member
How it began...

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 16.58.46.png

How it went...

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 16.53.46.png

The gap between what Jack says and reality grows ever wider. It's quite, quite something to state in public that you're off to prep then appear with no visible signs of preparation whatsoever. I suppose we should just be grateful she managed to put clothes on at all.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 93

colouredlines

VIP Member
I mentioned on the F&D thread that I taught a blind student this week, so Jack was particularly pissing me off. Having ruminated a little further, I think it's this:

My student told me that she hates people defining her by her disability. She is a blind person, and there's no getting around that (she also hates people pretending not to notice and going "you can do anything!" because, like...driving? No), but "blind" is not a personality trait. Coincidentally, I also had a student this week who works as a sign language interpreter, so there were some interesting discussions about disabilities and how we react to them.

Reality: we need to tailor things to be friendly to people with disabilities. This week, for example, I never wrote anything on the board without saying it out loud, I removed a few video- and photo-based activities, and so on.

Jack world: "...so that's why we use the present perfect continuous here. Do you all see what I mean? OH SHIT, SORRY, I SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID THAT! I'm so sorry María, of course you can't see, can you? Now, moving on, has anyone been watching an interesting series lately? Not you María, you can't watch things of course, but maybe you could listen to a series?"

Who the fuck wants to live like that, with people around them constantly singling them out and drawing attention to their medical conditions?

I have GAD and I spent more than half my life battling bulimia. I do not introduce myself as "HELLO I HAVE ANXIETY SO IF I FREAK OUT PLEASE #BEKIND."

This is the most annoying Jack yet, I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 90

Sooverthat

Chatty Member
Well..... aren't you lot an absolute bunch of wonderful and understanding and inspirational humans. Everyone who has contributed to this whole labelling talk. I'm literally screaming inside at Jack for her stupidity in all she is saying. Many have worked so so hard to move away from what she is declaring we all should do! We are not our illnesses or disabilities, they do not define us, we do not use them as an excuse! We embrace them and adapt and develop and progress and with support and confidence overcome hurdles as they arise. I for one will not be labelling all my issues and ailments. Because I am SO OVER THAT.
Now FUCK OFF JACK and everyone else come here for a hug! That includes those delightful sheep!

• Heart
I also think this putting letters after your name thing is really ignorant of the people who don’t have the privilege to be open about their health. There’s still a massive stigma attached to mental illness and, in a professional role, I would not feel comfortable signing off an email listing them after my name. I wouldn’t even feel comfortable with my boss coming across my twitter name and seeing details about my health. We don’t all have the privilege of shouting our disabilities/illnesses from the rooftops as for most of us it would seriously impact how we are perceived professionally. She gets to be quirky but most people working normal jobs would be seen as a liability.

Obviously she doesn’t acknowledge any amount of privilege because she’s literally the poorest, illest, most downtrodden person in the world and couldn’t possibly have it better than anyone.

• Heart

Pocahontas

VIP Member
63 - I’ve got ADHD
85 - my grandad’s no longer alive
24 - postman’s sniffing at the door
56 - this is my mate Vix
22 - Arsehole stew
58 - Staying up late
44 - Knocking on BB’s door
55 - All the Five Guys
33 - Me, me, me
66 - Fucking pick n mix

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88

DeviledSmeggs

The planet account tweeted a full ass link to tattle today to one of Jack’s followers. Not sure if it’s already been mentioned.
C33070ED-9E61-423E-B847-BA36B0753091.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 88

Emmapism

VIP Member
Welcome any new readers. We arent bullies so do stick around for a bit, you'll even get bonus sheep if you're here long enough

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86

NP

VIP Member
Surely she means “the financial security HE’S never known”, as she grew up in a financially secure mortgaged household.

At least we’ve gone from “My rent is 93% of my income and I can’t afford butter” to admitting she has savings. Baby steps.

• Heart
  • Haha

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
Something tells me that the head of Channel 4 news isn't sitting in the C4 HQ staff room with her Smartprice mayo/mandarin/egg sandwich filler and a packet of maize snacks

• Haha
  • Angry

NP

VIP Member
Urgh, she drives me mad with this ‘sporty preteen and two active adults’ business. SB is there half the week, if that, and she’s said Louisa’s there four nights as well. Fruit doesn’t ‘carry over’. If she was really feeding three of them full time on £20, the would be NO store cupboard basics and bursting freezers. NO milk and juice deliveries, duck eggs, mussels, pomegranates, and fancy cheeses.
Here’s the basic washing up liquid. That hand wash isn’t basic either.
How DARE you! She treated herself to that Fairy liquid TWO years ago when she had TWO incomes.

• Haha
Reactions: 85