Jack Edwards #4 Supermassive Jack Hole (in his subscribers' pockets)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2910300

Nah, it was painfully easy to intuit exactly what she meant and incredibly obvious that there was a tonne of context that he either ignorantly never considered or intentionally left out of his video rant.

She's a full-time author with an editor and a publisher, there's zero chance they're all going to turn around a completed, revised and edited book in a month or so; it was incredibly obvious that she was talking about drafts of books. Someone who claims to read so much and have a genuine passion for literature should have at least a tiny shadow of an understanding how the writing/publishing process works or be able to use a sliver of common sense and critical thinking to consider a bit of context.

Besides, I'm not sure Mr. 'Donna Tartt herself sent me a signed book, I'm friends with your favourite celebrities and I have moved to Korea/New York' should be trying to point the finger of misrepresentation at others, whether it's warranted or not (and here it's clearly not). Almost all his content is lies, embellishments and stolen ideas spun as original thought and grand accomplishments.
His incessant digging in and responding to comments with almost no engagement on them always makes me laugh. This dude is the captain of losing the idgaf wars.

He SO wants to be a snarky bitchy queen, what with the punchable little smirk he has going on throughout the whole tiktok, but all of that falls down the second you start fighting and writing 'um ACKtually!!!!' responses to randos. Beth won. She responded classily, and she actually writes as a writer, and on that basis alone, she won.

Reactions: 15
Not content on trying to prove he’s right in his comments, he’s now commenting on people’s stiches where they’re pointing out his flawed argument. If this many people are disagreeing with you jack maybe you should realise that it’s you that’s misinterpreted the original video, and not that she didn’t get her point across clearly enough. So pathetic

Attachments

Reactions: 9
And he's deleted the TikTok.

How long before he starts trying to gaslight everyone that he's the victim and start whining about author bullies invading his book critic safe space?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
In the same way, perhaps we should question Jack reading 7 books in 7 days or 8 books in 24 hours. I'd happily question how much of these books he has retained, how much value they brought him, and how much space did he leave to critically contemplate and fairly judge their contents?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
IMG_4735.jpeg
omg why is he so angry about this! As soon as someone isn’t licking his arse he gets like this

• Haha
Reactions: 23
View attachment 2911075omg why is he so angry about this! As soon as someone isn’t licking his arse he gets like this
The way he always insists on doubling down, just digs a bigger hole for himself and jumps in it.

Just get over yourself Jack. You're a tit YouTuber, your opinion doesn't matter.

You're so full of tit with your own fakery and bullshit.

The only hole you want to be making bigger is the one your sugar daddy enjoys while paying for you to stare aimlessly out of windows in various locations around the world while you pretend to write a book.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Time and time again he just proves that he knows nothing about the industry he continually claims to be an expert in.

Reactions: 8
At the end of the day he is an average English lit graduate and studytuber who failed to get into Oxford so pivoted into the booktube/tok niche because studytube couldn't continue if no one accepted him for post grad, and books were linked to his degree and he wanted go keep the academic/intelligent/cultured image and look down on everyone. He didn't consider another PG at another university because he wanted the Oxford status and image. He admittedly had a good idea/stole it about celebs and what they read and ran with it.

His content is consistently shallow and doesn't stand up to scrutiny, and he can't handle being challenged as he has no depth and also can't keep track of his exaggerations and lies. He is completely image obsessed, wanting to appear cultured, well travelled, intelligent and creative. But scratch the surface and there isn't much there.

• Heart
I hope this might be the start of his downfall. This is his second controversy in like 10 days.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
He probably didn't expect the author to respond or that people would even figure out who it is. He's so self-absorbed, other people are just content for him.

Reactions: 9
The fact that he's out there doubling down on his ignorant takes but deleted the TikTok just screams, "I can't handle criticism so I'll brush it under the rug and act the victim if anyone mentions elsewhere in hopes that my fans swarm and scare them off."

He's incredibly reliant on the internet having a short memory and being able to gaslight fans to maintain his platform. It's why he rushes to delete negative comments, deletes videos when there gets to be too many negative comments to hide and posts the inevitable half-assed apology videos somewhere easy to miss (or just deletes them after a few days). He's been deleting comments from people mentioning the latest shitstorm on his other videos already.

It's all to serve his predictable tactic of rewriting history and claiming people are "spreading misinformation" or "dogpiling on him for fun" over a tiny misunderstanding if anyone mentions it later. Sadly it works too often with his gullible fanbase and there were already plenty of his fans stanning over him in the comments and calling him a "literal golden retriever" like he isn't a smug Tory grifter and this isn't like his third controversy already this year.

Reactions: 19
Love that the author Beth Reekles is poking fun at it 🥰

View attachment 2912380
That's the original video that Jack threw a tantrum over. The fact that she's very clearly having a self-deprecating joke about what a hectic experience it is to finish drafts on that kind of schedule makes it all the more ridiculous that Jack chose to feel personally offended and throw a jealous hissy fit.

6777 - Copy.png

He's already sowing the seeds for the inevitable 'a bully writer invaded my safe space to harass me and I did nothing wrong' bullshit victim routine.

• Angry
Reactions: 27
That's the original video that Jack threw a tantrum over. The fact that she's very clearly having a self-deprecating joke about what a hectic experience it is to finish drafts on that kind of schedule makes it all the more ridiculous that Jack chose to feel personally offended and throw a jealous hissy fit.

View attachment 2912568

He's already sowing the seeds for the inevitable 'a bully writer invaded my safe space to harass me and I did nothing wrong' bullshit victim routine.
Jack under random stitches and comments with about 15 likes - 🤓☝ um acktually I think you’ll find I said kshsjskandsj

Beth when her approach to her ACTUAL profession is being attacked and ridiculed by a useless twit with a Simon Cowell haircut who couldn’t produce a good bit of writing on an A5 sheet if he had 4 weeks to do it in - ‘they were drafts, not completed books, please at least add context before judge my process!’

Look, do I regularly read the sort of thing that Beth Reekles writes? No. But why would I care how often she produces them? All the girls I know who love romance books ACTUALLY read as quickly as Jack pretends to, so it’s a massive thriving genre that can survive the constant flow of material.

This strange personality defect of his that makes it impossible to say the words ‘I’m sorry, I was wrong’ is something that’ll keep tripping him up, and keep on turning people against him.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
He had one job… not be awful, but he is. Are there any reasonable retired study-tubers left?

Reactions: 7
6777=0=-0 - Copy.png

6777=0=-06876 - Copy.png

Right on cue, the 'people are being misleading and bullying me for views' gaslighting has commenced.

Another TikToker recapped the situation in a stitch exactly as it happened and Jack has jumped in to accuse them of being misleading and deliberately misrepresentative.

Only...nowhere in their TikTok do they accuse Jack of naming the author in question, only that he posted a video attacking an author, which he did. And let's face it, considering how specific he was about the author in question and that he used the booktok hashtag to tag the same community she posted in, he intentionally made it very easy to intuit who he was talking about for people on booktok (and sure enough, his fans and Beth Reekles figured it out instantly).

The video made zero attempt to talk about the wider craft of writing and Jack evidently doesn't understand how writing or publishing works. It was a pointed video aimed at a single female author and the video she made. Jack was never going to read any of her work anyway, so why would the time it took her to write it factor in, other than a flimsy excuse to get jealous and lash out at an author?

He claims his video wasn't misogynistic because he was talking about James Patterson in the same conversation. Number of mentions in that video, in the replies he posted in the comments or in any of the videos on his channels? Zero. The only author he referred to was the creator of the video he attacked.

And he has a blatant inability to keep his story straight. First he deleted the video because the author was upset and commenting (yet he made no attempt to apologise or admit fault), then he says he deleted it because the comments were getting nasty (yet he was happy to let the comments build up when they were agreeing with him and selectively replied to comments being dismissive of Beth's work to agree with them and only deleted the video when comments critical of himself got to be too many), then he claims he realised the error of his ways and deleted it (yet won't admit fault and keeps attacking people).

This is exactly why he loves to rush to delete things: He really thinks he can blatantly gaslight people and lie about what was in the video/comments because they're no longer there.

• Heart