Jack Edwards #3 Liberté! Fraternité! No-Jacques-té!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Roll up, roll up to 3rd thread of the self proclaimed 'youtube’s resident librarian' - the writer who never seems to write anything, booktuber who never seems to read anything, the Parisian Prince himself - Jack Edwards.

If Jacques is to continue doing what he's been doing, expect - stealing more ideas from other more interesting booktubers, lies about reading 45 books in just as many minutes that his own goodreads account will disprove, and constant mentions of France. Please feel free to add your own summary!

Thank you to @sheleg for the thread title!

https://tattle.life/threads/jack-edwards-2.19381/ - Previous thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Roll up, roll up to 3rd thread of the self proclaimed 'youtube’s resident librarian' - the writer who never seems to write anything, booktuber who never seems to read anything, the Parisian Prince himself - Jack Edwards.

If Jacques is to continue doing what he's been doing, expect - stealing more ideas from other more interesting booktubers, lies about reading 45 books in just as many minutes that his own goodreads account will disprove, and constant mentions of France. Please feel free to add your own summary!

Thank you to @sheleg for the thread title!

https://tattle.life/threads/jack-edwards-2.19381/ - Previous thread.
Personally I think this thread title and recap needs to go into the tattle hall of fame. Execution 10/10, many laughs were laughed 👏🏻👏🏻
I agree with the post on the previous thread (sorry I can’t remember who!) that said that they used to enjoy his videos but now he is just insufferable. Like, I GET that he’s finished uni, of course he can’t keep pedalling the whole education thing. But this direction he has taken - going to Paris, basically living purely for “aesthetics”. He has such a surface level existence now that he has lost all authenticity that I felt he had back at uni. He’s no longer relatable. He’s just pompous and quite frankly comes off as too much of a try hard now.

Reactions: 12
He hardly "lives in France", though. Its more like he's holidaying there going from one AirBnB to the next. Does he pay the French taxes? No? Well then Jack, stfu about "living" in France.

I went on holiday to Lanzarote, booked a hotel for 2 weeks. Doesn't mean I lived Lanzarote for 2 weeks. Just because he can afford to rent out some holiday apartament in the middle of Paris for 12 months doesn't mean he moved his whole life there 🤣

All the worst influencers try to sell you fresh air when all they have are farts. He makes out his life is so perfect and ✨ aesthetic ✨ but in reality he's more boring than a can of tuna.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
"The demon smurf of booktube" instantly put Dead Girl Walking from Heathers in my head.

The demon smurf of booktube has decreed it... he said he's read all these books, I don't believe it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I also love how the newsletter is numbered #001, as if there are going to be 100s of issues 🤣 feels like eternity we've been waiting just for the 1st one.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
He hardly "lives in France", though. Its more like he's holidaying there going from one AirBnB to the next. Does he pay the French taxes? No? Well then Jack, stfu about "living" in France.

I went on holiday to Lanzarote, booked a hotel for 2 weeks. Doesn't mean I lived Lanzarote for 2 weeks. Just because he can afford to rent out some holiday apartament in the middle of Paris for 12 months doesn't mean he moved his whole life there 🤣

All the worst influencers try to sell you fresh air when all they have are farts. He makes out his life is so perfect and ✨ aesthetic ✨ but in reality he's more boring than a can of tuna.
the accuracy of this. It PAINS me how he keeps trying to convince us he lives in Paris. I remember when he announced it and he did some cringey TikTok quoting Ernest Hemingway and then revealed he was stood in front of the Eiffel Tower - I can only imagine how excited he was to post that and get attention and a reaction, because that's the only reason why he posted it. Almost feels a bit insulting to people who actually move abroad and work - its incredibly difficult at times and all we see is a romanticised version of his life - which doesn't look appealing whatsoever

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Is he still on a student visa? Because, post-Brexit, UK tourists can be in the EU for no longer than 90 days within any 180 days. Is he staying for three month spells and then coming home but posting on Instagram as if he’s still there?

I’m not sure how sustainable (or legit) the whole thing is but it seems odd.

Reactions: 7
Jack in Reading vlog: this book definitely has you in the PALM of your hand because it is quite fast-paced. So the story slowly begins to unravel... "

So is it fast paced or slow? Jaqs needs to slow down on the bs train.

(oh yeah, he has trains going right outside his 12,000 euro apartament in Paris (he lives there!) - he hates loves it).

Reactions: 3
I had a dream about Jack :eek::eek::eek: really wish I could control my dreams so I could have snapped myself out of it because I'd rather be awake than have this happen to me again

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I forgot about Jack and this thread for a while, thrilled to see the new thread title 🤣🤣

Reactions: 4
So do we think him and Dakota are a thing or what? 👀
The thought that he had one gf already is shocking to me, the idea of him getting another?... confusing to say the least.

What a union that is - two of the most annoying new idiots on booktube, what a match. Do you reckon when they talk, it's just a pretentious drone back and forth, each monologuing about their poetic Parisian dreams at each other.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What?? Where's Dakota mentioned? I can't imagine how annoying they'd be together. Actually I can and it's horrifying.
They're on a holiday together in Montenegro, just the two of them. 👀

They keep saying things like "I love you" to each other on Instagram. Sure, it could be friendly, but they look too cosy with each other to be friends. Let's not forget Dakota's infamous "Kiss your friends" quote she posted a couple of days ago.

Gosh, we really need a Dakota thread.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
They're on a holiday together in Montenegro, just the two of them. 👀

They keep saying things like "I love you" to each other on Instagram. Sure, it could be friendly, but they look too cosy with each other to be friends. Let's not forget Dakota's infamous "Kiss your friends" quote she posted a couple of days ago.

Gosh, we really need a Dakota thread.
Especially the story in the pool
I agree we definitely need a Dakota thread!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.